Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-21-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Jets Zone Blocking??

I didn't really watch the Jets, so I don't know how much of this is true, or how much Leon is trying to bump his stock.

Researching for my fantasy league, I stumbled across this tidbit I thought you might find interesting.

Quote:
"What people don't realize last year ... the Jets probably gained 70 percent of their [rushing] yards on zone-running schemes," Washington recalled. "Before the 2009 season, [Jets offensive line] coach [Bill] Callahan sat down with Alex Gibbs and learned the zone-running scheme that we implemented last year, and that's how we led the league in rushing, with zone and power. So, I'm used to running the zone scheme. It really suits our backs, because we attack the line at different angles. It will be fun to see the things I learned in New York carry over to here."
Old 08-21-2010   #2
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets Zone Blocking??

Its a hybrid scheme more-or-less, but the linemen are power guys, not zone guys.

IMO that would work better, because traditional zone o-linemen are too small for the modern NFL to be really effective. 350lb DTs are now as athletic as 295lbs guards.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets Zone Blocking??

Quote:
"What people don't realize last year ... the Jets probably gained 70 percent of their [rushing] yards on zone-running schemes," Washington recalled. "Before the 2009 season, [Jets offensive line] coach [Bill] Callahan sat down with Alex Gibbs and learned the zone-running scheme that we implemented last year, and that's how we led the league in rushing, with zone and power. So, I'm used to running the zone scheme. It really suits our backs, because we attack the line at different angles. It will be fun to see the things I learned in New York carry over to here."
Wasn't he working for us at that point?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read