Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-17-2005   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mock Draft 2.0 Discussion

don't know about the rest of you but I need an outlet to discuss our MOCK II draft. So far I think everyone has done a great job with their selections, elso of note the number of trades (@ fair value) so far which I think fairly reflect what is really going to transpire draft day. also something I've never experienced before to this high level of anxiety is the pressure of waiting for your time to pick while your #1 guy is still on the board. it has really helped me understand why the Texans gave up so much last year to trade up for Babin, they where unwilling to take the chance & wait & folded under the pressure to get their man. can't blame them at all, until your in that position its hard to explain. anyways great job so far, hope to get more feedback as we go along
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #2
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Right now the only players getting picked are the confirmed 1st round picks, I think the real action and suprises will come in the second and later rounds.
Old 03-17-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I was torn between Edwards, Rolle, and Pac-Man...It was easy to dismiss Edwards because the Titans still have Drew Bennett (I hate that guy) and Tyrone Calico, who should have a good season after being injured last year...

The choice between Antrel and Pac-Man was rather difficult for me, as the Titans already have a bigger CB in Andre Woolfolk...In the end, I chose Antrel because I feel he will be more of a playmaker in the NFL...While he doesn't have the best 40, he is physical and adept at jamming his man at the line...I'd like to get some opinions of who yall would pick if you were in my (or the Titans') shoes...
Old 03-17-2005   #4
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its interesting that everybody said this would be a shallow draft, and everyone would be trying to trade down...but as a GM with only one pressing need, im finding it impossible to trade UP, especially with the stupid value chart telling people my picks are worthless....this is much more challenging then i would have thought, and i havent even picked yet

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I was torn between Edwards, Rolle, and Pac-Man...It was easy to dismiss Edwards because the Titans still have Drew Bennett (I hate that guy) and Tyrone Calico, who should have a good season after being injured last year...

The choice between Antrel and Pac-Man was rather difficult for me, as the Titans already have a bigger CB in Andre Woolfolk...In the end, I chose Antrel because I feel he will be more of a playmaker in the NFL...While he doesn't have the best 40, he is physical and adept at jamming his man at the line...I'd like to get some opinions of who yall would pick if you were in my (or the Titans') shoes...

I think out of the cornerback options, that high up antrel is definitely the SAFE pick.....probably the right one too...Im more of the gambling type, so i would have taken a shot at pac man, because i think he will be phenominal...jmo

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 03-17-2005   #6
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
I think its interesting that everybody said this would be a shallow draft, and everyone would be trying to trade down...but as a GM with only one pressing need, im finding it impossible to trade UP, especially with the stupid value chart telling people my picks are worthless....this is much more challenging then i would have thought, and i havent even picked yet
Me as the 49ers,

I find that the 49'ers are hurting all around the board. By giving up one awesome pick, I choose to go with 3-4 picks of a good nature. This way, I can fill more voids and might even find a diamond in a second price.

Last edited by Dime; 03-17-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the most surprising development so far is that Alex Smith is still on the board, with the 49er's trading down I guess thats not too shocking, I wonder if Dime is going through the same feelings I experienced?
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2005   #8
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Well....im pretty much expecting the next pick to be the redskins taking pac man.....this is going much faster than i expected though. I like the cadillac pick fiddy.....not sure marcell shipp would, but with warner you can afford to take a qb next year, or maybe go after a later round proposition.....nice choices by everyone so far

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 03-17-2005   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Even after trading down twice, the 49ers still might get Alex Smith.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

They've got a very good chance. It doesn't appear that either of the teams picking ahead of them are looking for a QB. Unless someone trades up to snag him then he could very well fall to the 49ers.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

well...the redskins arent exactly in QB heaven, but they have bigger needs

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 03-17-2005   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Well....im pretty much expecting the next pick to be the redskins taking pac man.....this is going much faster than i expected though. I like the cadillac pick fiddy.....not sure marcell shipp would, but with warner you can afford to take a qb next year, or maybe go after a later round proposition.....nice choices by everyone so far

Hey look...im psychic

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 03-17-2005   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

It was pretty obvious after losing Smoot that they would go CB...They need one almost as bad as the Titans do...
Old 03-17-2005   #14
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
well...the redskins arent exactly in QB heaven, but they have bigger needs
I think Ramsey will be fine once he gets a chance. They could use a young QB, but I'd expect them to address that need later in the draft with the likes of Frye, Fitzpatrick, or Green.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

this whole issue of where does Derrick go was reaffirmed in MOCK II as Cowboy GM Hottodie traded up to get in front of the Titans & Vikings to secure Johnson. also it looks like the Texans are loading up with f/a LB's so they clearly are looking elsewhere with the 13th pick. all eyes will soon be upon SESupergenius
Old 03-18-2005   #16
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
all eyes will soon be upon SESupergenius
The anticipation is killing me!
Old 03-18-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
the most surprising development so far is that Alex Smith is still on the board, with the 49er's trading down I guess thats not too shocking, I wonder if Dime is going through the same feelings I experienced?
I was going to take him when the Dolphins GM missed his pick. Sometimes when I look at this mock and really think about what may really happen I think that he would have been the wiser choice, but I feel real good about Ronnie Brown's talent level.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #18
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Hey Texans, I'll trade you Orlando Pace for your #1??
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

can we trade players????? i didnt know that was doable

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 03-18-2005   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Only the picks in this draft guys, sorry.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read