Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Texans Vs Saints Gameday Thread

The game is at the Superdome and I can't wait. GO TEXANS
Old 08-21-2010   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Vs Saints Gameday Thread

definitely looking forward to seeing more of jeremiah johnson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWhvFsttcqY

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

It stinks Bing and Tate had to be put on IR.
Old 08-21-2010   #4
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it’s finally here. I’ve been waitin all week
Just to kick this thing off.
I’ve been rockin away on the edge of my seat,
Now I’m ready to roll.
Here they come to mix things up.
Bet your boots they know what I’m talkin about (Speaking).

Let’s get ready to root for our team.
All you Texans, get up and scream.

It’s football time in Houston!
And we’re ready to play.
We’ve got no time to lose now,
It’s red’n white and blue today.

Welcome to the greatest City of all.
Houston Texas!
Are you ready for some football?

It can rain, it can pour, it can snow, I don’t care.
I’m here till the end.
The spirit of vict’ry is blowin round in the air,
We’re gonna win.

I’m so excited that we’re all here.
I love the sound of those home town cheers!

Men, women, girls and boys, get on your feet
Make some noise!

And we’re ready to play.
We’ve got now time to lose now,

Houston Texas!
(Speaking)
Courage…
Pride…
Independence…
And tradition…
Strength

The Texans are about to march.
TORO’s getting ready to charge!

And we’re ready to play.
We’ve got now time to lose now,

Houston Texas!

heres the music video
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...64&play_clip=Y
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to be looking for several things when I watch the Texans VS Saints on both sides of the ball...

A.) I want to see a runningback emerge who we can depend on instead of having to rotate people in and out. If we can get one go-to guy and then have a goaline back and a 3rd down back we're good to go.

B.) Kareem Jackson and the rest of the DBs. When I think of the Saints, I think of an arieal attack and what better way to test the strength of your DBs then to watch them play against one of the best passing offenses in the NFL.

C.) I like to see Earl Mitchell get some more playing time (not sure if he has). I've heard good things about him and I want him to get plenty of playing time if he proves himself during the preseason.

D.) The offensive line...the Saints have an okay defensive line with Sedrick Ellis and Will Smith so I want to see good blocking from our offensive line and good pass protection from our tackles.

E.) The kicking battle rages on, I like to see how Rackers does on kickoff and field goal attempts.

There is probably more but this all I could think of...GO TEXANS!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #7
sportfan73
Rookie

Rep Power: 136 sportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respected

innnnnnnn

sportfan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2010   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the announcers said that demeco was different last game trying to excite the defense and it seemed to work. i'm most looking forward to seeing if mario williams brings that intensity again and if demeco's found a way to get him properly motivated.

by the way, is the cardinal's right tackle still in orbit?
Old 08-21-2010   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright Gary, heres to hoping you're our good luck Gameday thread Starter!

I just hope we don't come out flat and have to play catch up. I want too see that offensive attack the Texans ended last season, with an actual running game to go with it. If that happens, that could be scary for opposing defenses.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

I was surprised it took this long for a gameday thread to pop up so I just went ahead and started it.
Old 08-21-2010   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I was surprised it took this long for a gameday thread to pop up so I just went ahead and started it.
Might as well, right?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Might as well, right?
So, here it is if the Texans lose it will be due to my gameday thread. LOL
Old 08-21-2010   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's go Texans!!! I'll try and bring us good luck. I am going to go up to HEB this afternoon and meet some Texans cheerleaders and Toro in RR.

Old 08-21-2010   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
So, here it is if the Texans lose it will be due to my gameday thread. LOL
Preseason won't go on your record, gary.
Old 08-21-2010   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
Well itís finally here. Iíve been waitin all week
Just to kick this thing off.
Iíve been rockin away on the edge of my seat,
Now Iím ready to roll.
Here they come to mix things up.
Bet your boots they know what Iím talkin about (Speaking).

Letís get ready to root for our team.
All you Texans, get up and scream.

Itís football time in Houston!
And weíre ready to play.
Weíve got no time to lose now,
Itís redín white and blue today.

Houston Texas!

It can rain, it can pour, it can snow, I donít care.
Iím here till the end.
The spirit of victíry is blowin round in the air,
Weíre gonna win.

Iím so excited that weíre all here.
I love the sound of those home town cheers!

Men, women, girls and boys, get on your feet
Make some noise!

And weíre ready to play.
Weíve got now time to lose now,

Houston Texas!
(Speaking)
CourageÖ
PrideÖ
IndependenceÖ
And traditionÖ
Strength

The Texans are about to march.
TOROís getting ready to charge!

And weíre ready to play.
Weíve got now time to lose now,

Houston Texas!

heres the music video
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...64&play_clip=Y
I hate that damn song!!!

It's football time biatches!

Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #16
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

These are the main things I'm looking for -

1. How Kareem Jackson does against Brees when the Saint's 1st offense is out
2. The running game
3. How much pass rush we can generate while the starters are out there
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
A.) I want to see a runningback emerge who we can depend on instead of having to rotate people in and out. If we can get one go-to guy and then have a goaline back and a 3rd down back we're good to go.

E.) The kicking battle rages on, I like to see how Rackers does on kickoff and field goal attempts.
The Texans need to be on the hunt for a RB to replace Tate. Nothing that happens tonight should change that.

According to some posters here, the kicking battle doesn't exist.
Old 08-21-2010   #18
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanna see KJ play... watch the O-Line and D-Line... see our HBs... and take a closer look at Nolan.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

It completly slipped my mind Kareem is playing tonight.
Old 08-21-2010   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm interested in how all aspects of our game goes when the two 1st strings are on the field. Playing New Orleans this week and Dallas next week will tell us a whole lot about this team.

I'm ready!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read