Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-20-2010   #1
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Real Dallas Cowboys fans

The REAL Dallas Cowboys fans live in Dallas. The Dallas cowboys fans in Houston / NYC etc are phonies...they are fakes. I can deal with all the Saints fans in Houston because most are here not by choice
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #2
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 125849 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Real Dallas Cowboys fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
The REAL Dallas Cowboys fans live in Dallas. The Dallas cowboys fans in Houston / NYC etc are phonies...they are fakes. I can deal with all the Saints fans in Houston because most are here not by choice
And they are probably Yankee fans too. Bunch of front running posers.
Old 08-20-2010   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The REAL Dallas Cowboy fans live in Arlington.
Old 08-20-2010   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What?I grew up in Ft. Worth. Lived there 23 years. Came here for law school and have been here since. There are alot of transplants that deal with work, etc. I have been a Cowboy fan since the 70s. So people are suppose to stay one place all their life to be a fan?Please move along.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 08-20-2010 at 09:48 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #5
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My father was a Cowboy fan and so am I.

God what crap.

Who was a kid in the 1980s-90s suposed to cheer for? The Oilers?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

God what crap.

I used your name on another thread..my apologies if that bothers you..the Dallas OL thread.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #7
Ckw

It is really irritating all the posers we have here in our town. Guys like HoustonFrog that actually lived in Dallas and grew up Cowboys fans get a pass. My own mother is actually a similar case. She grew up in Dallas, loved Dallas especially the Tom Landry days, and never wanted to move. Then she met my dad, and he takes a job in Houston and brings her down here.

The ones that irritate me are guys like one of my really good friends. This guy is always bouncing around from team to team based on what team is hot. He has consistently been a Cowboys fan, but only because he wanted to root for a winner in the 90s. His dad was an Oilers fan, he was born and raised in Houston, yet has no love for Houston sports. His teams: Cleveland Indians (wanna take a guess when he jumped on that bandwagon), Boston Red Sox (another easy guess), and the Dallas Cowboys.

I find fans like this to be the most pathetic kind.
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2010   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah people like who they like for whatever reason..uniforms, players they like, there are so many reasons and NO way for anybody to ever know why.

I lived in Dallas for many years but wasn't born there..I grew up a Cowboys fan..so the "like" has stayed with me and will no matter where I live.

To worry or fret over this stuff is strange to me. I just don't care who somebody likes. Sports, music, whatever. Like who you want. Follow who you want. To some it's a big deal..it's me it's a big yawn. Kind of like preseason!
Old 08-20-2010   #9
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad the Texans and Cowboys both look good this year (with problems at RB and OL respectively). That would be a great Super Bowl for me.

I do think the Cowboys have the better chance though
Old 08-20-2010   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
It is really irritating all the posers we have here in our town. Guys like HoustonFrog that actually lived in Dallas and grew up Cowboys fans get a pass. My own mother is actually a similar case. She grew up in Dallas, loved Dallas especially the Tom Landry days, and never wanted to move. Then she met my dad, and he takes a job in Houston and brings her down here.

The ones that irritate me are guys like one of my really good friends. This guy is always bouncing around from team to team based on what team is hot. He has consistently been a Cowboys fan, but only because he wanted to root for a winner in the 90s. His dad was an Oilers fan, he was born and raised in Houston, yet has no love for Houston sports. His teams: Cleveland Indians (wanna take a guess when he jumped on that bandwagon), Boston Red Sox (another easy guess), and the Dallas Cowboys.

I find fans like this to be the most pathetic kind.

I can see this...there are always people that are Cowboy, Yankee, Celtics/Lakers and Bruin fans out there. Have met some. But I know many that just grew up with their teams. Nothing personal against the poster I just thought the premise here was kind of ignorant.
Old 08-20-2010   #11
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

If you've been a fans through Dave Campo and Quincy Carter, you are not a bandwagon fan.
Old 08-20-2010   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If you've been a fans through Dave Campo and Quincy Carter, you are not a bandwagon fan.
Honey I had season tickets when they went 1-15. I'm no bandwagon fan. I saw both those guys and I have cringed thru a ton of really pitiful Cowboys football. And if they don't fix their OL they'll be some cringe worthy games this year as well.

I was just posting last week or whenever that I had season tickets when the strike happened last and I actually went to those games! ARGH! And paid to go! Double ARGH!
Old 08-20-2010   #13
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

God what crap.

Yes. Yes. and Yes. If you lived in Houston that is. Have some pride in your hometown.
Old 08-20-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I live in Port Arthur Texas.

Am I allowed to be a Houston Texans Fan? Or a Cowboy's fan? Or a Saints fan?

Sorry, but I was never an Oilers fan.
Old 08-20-2010   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I live in Port Arthur Texas.

Am I allowed to be a Houston Texans Fan? Or a Cowboy's fan? Or a Saints fan?

Sorry, but I was never an Oilers fan.
You should be a fan of seppaku more than any football team since you live in Port Arthur
Old 08-20-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

There are fans who grow up in one city/county for all of their childhood and then move for one reason or the other. This thread is crap IMO.
Old 08-20-2010   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

My dad grew up a Cowboys fan living in Beaumont. Loved them all the way from the Landry days through the 90's. Something just changed along the way and we've been Texans PSL owners since day one and have never considered changing loyalties. People can change for good.

As for me, by the time i had started getting into football, the Oilers were on their way out, so I did watch the Cowboys for a few years, but never had true loyalties until the Texans came along. I was 5 when the Oilers left so i never really had a chance.
Old 08-20-2010   #18
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI...

The Cowboys still suck.
Old 08-20-2010   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just a football GAME. It is nothing more than entertainment. Who really gives a crap who someone else chooses to root for. It is superficial nonsense to cast judgment on whether someone else is a 'real' fan or not. Amazing.
Old 08-20-2010   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
What?I grew up in Ft. Worth. Lived there 23 years. Came here for law school and have been here since. There are alot of transplants that deal with work, etc. I have been a Cowboy fan since the 70s. So people are suppose to stay one place all their life to be a fan?Please move along.
I believe you are exempt from this thread. I have friends myself that grew up in Dallas and moved to Houston or Austin later in life and stick with their team. Same goes for anyone not living in their hometown. You think I give a flip about UT?....lol. I totally respect you for taking pride in where you came from.

Quote:

God what crap.

Feels good to have a thread just for you, does it? Shoot, my dad tried to make the baseball Cardinals my second team when I was growing up because of it's Houston ties. No freaking dice, thank you. I'm a Houston sports fan period with a special dislike for all Texas teams that don't have "Houston" before the mascot name.

Having said all that I wouldn't give you any real crap about it. Just the occasional whoopie cushion. The only time I get "serious" with a Cowboy fan from Houston is when they feel obligated to trash Houston teams (kind of like you just did) everytime the subject comes up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read