Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vikings Percy Harvin Colapses At Practice

1) Thoughts out to Harvin..hope he can get it under control. That sucks

And way down the totem pole

2) Sucks for me that I drafted him in my first fantasy league.

He is a great player and seems like he just wants to play so this really sucks for him.

Unfortunate. I feel for this guy.
I worked with a woman once who had these migrains, and let me tell you,
they are no joke. When she had an attack, she just packed it in and went home for a day or 2.

Migraine, who suffers from severe migraine headaches, vomited and then fell to the ground, the Star Tribune reported.

Is it me, or am I the only one who noticed that they are now calling him "Migraine".

I kid, I kid.

Prayers go out the young guy. He can't catch a break here lately. Hopefully he can get those things under control and get to feeling better.

1) Thoughts out to Harvin..hope he can get it under control. That sucks

And way down the totem pole

2) Sucks for me that I drafted him in my first fantasy league.

Me too! Sucks even more for me because he was my best WR. That just shows how bad my WR corps is.

Seriously though, I never knew migraines were that intense. I too, hope he can get through this.

Suck it up!!!

Regards,

Terrell Davis

Friggin luv me some TD. Smart, strong, had fun playing the game and ran with conviction.

Me too! Sucks even more for me because he was my best WR. That just shows how bad my WR corps is.

Seriously though, I never knew migraines were that intense. I too, hope he can get through this.

Friggin luv me some TD. Smart, strong, had fun playing the game and ran with conviction.

Well he was a #3 for me...I drafted Moss and Marshall too.

More info on this

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38773736/ns/sports-player_news/

Coach Brad Childress said that Harvin had an "episode" and not really a "seizure." It was apparently triggered when Harvin looked at the sky on a punt return and is almost certainly related to his migraine woes. Harvin was trembling and partially responsive as medical personnel got him off the field. This is scary stuff as the Vikings held a team prayer afterward.

There are all sorts of problems going on with this team right now that are way beyond just Favre and that circus.

Harvin's hardly been in camp because of his problems. Rice has hardly been practicing and supposedly has some hip problems. I think the Vikings might implode this year potentially. But then again, they could still have similar success like last season, but there seems to be a lot more problems this year and this team keeps getting older.

Hope he's feeling better today. Wonder if this will have a long term effect on his pro career?

I get migraines occasionally. They are horrific. I used to get them monthly back in high school, but now only get them very sporadically a couple times a year. It is brutal.

Prayers for it only being migraine related. A severe hypertensive episode with bleed into the brain can mimic this picture.............just ask Joe Texan.

There are also forms of migraines with similar symptoms as Percy's associated with ischemic (lack oxygen to the brain) stroke, as well as neurologic hemiplegic (paralysis of one side of the body) forms (usually lasting a couple minutes to hours).

Last edited:
Migraines are one of those things that are impossible to empathize with unless you've had one. Ive never had a migraine, so the thought of collapsing from a horrible headache is very foreign to me.

Ive worked in the neurology clinic enough times to hear the stories, but its so just so hard to visualize. I hope he improves!

Migraines are one of those things that are impossible to empathize with unless you've had one. Ive never had a migraine, so the thought of collapsing from a horrible headache is very foreign to me.

Ive worked in the neurology clinic enough times to hear the stories, but its so just so hard to visualize. I hope he improves!

Heck I wimp out over a little brain freeze from sipping on a Icee! Don't want a migraine! Ever.

The worst part of migraines for me, and Doc maybe you can explain to me what this is, but I get these waves in my eyes about 30 minutes before I get the pounding headache. It makes it very very difficult to see or do anything. Simply awful.

I doubt it's anywhere close to a migraine but I get a headache sometimes, usually if I'm already sick and I can't handle it. I can't handle sleeping on the couch watching t.v., let alone trying to play the foosball...

The worst part of migraines for me, and Doc maybe you can explain to me what this is, but I get these waves in my eyes about 30 minutes before I get the pounding headache. It makes it very very difficult to see or do anything. Simply awful.

Many migraines are preceded by what is referred to as an "aura." These are essentially warnings to migraine sufferers that the migraine headache is on the way. Visual aura in the form of seeing squiggly or zigzag lines or flashing lights, hallucinations, blind spots, or blurry vision being the most common symptoms. Other aurae may be isolated nausea or just plain loss of appetite or fatigue or irritability. When migraine sufferers recognize any of these "premonitions," they know what's coming next, and should take prophylactic measures and medicate. Even if they do so, many times, it does not prevent the full blown migraine, but at least, usually lessens the intensity and the time experienced.

And there are patients with acephalgic migraine (migraine aura without headache) which may represent as many as 3% of migraine sufferers.

He seemed to be able to keep them under control using mary jane for medicinal purposes in college.

Maybe he needs to go back to that to help control his migraines. Atleast we now know why he tested positive at the combine.

Many migraines are preceded by what is referred to as an "aura." These are essentially warnings to migraine sufferers that the migraine headache is on the way. Visual aura in the form of seeing squiggly or zigzag lines or flashing lights, hallucinations, blind spots, or blurry vision being the most common symptoms. Other aurae may be isolated nausea or just plain loss of appetite or fatigue or irritability. When migraine sufferers recognize any of these "premonitions," they know what's coming next, and should take prophylactic measures and medicate. Even if they do so, many times, it does not prevent the full blown migraine, but at least, usually lessens the intensity and the time experienced.

And there are patients with acephalgic migraine (migraine aura without headache) which may represent as many as 3% of migraine sufferers.

That sounds like it sucks.....bigtime.

Thanks Doc! What you described is exactly what I experience. I get squiggly or zigzag lines and even some flashing lights. Makes it hard to see or do anything really. It definitely is the warning signal that a migraine is coming.

He seemed to be able to keep them under control using mary jane for medicinal purposes in college.

Maybe he needs to go back to that to help control his migraines. Atleast we now know why he tested positive at the combine.

To be completely honest, I never got one while I was in college either. Seems like a very interesting link. Wonder if Mary Jane does help keep the migraines away. Medicinal marijuana dammit!

To be completely honest, I never got one while I was in college either. Seems like a very interesting link. Wonder if Mary Jane does help keep the migraines away. Medicinal marijuana dammit!

It's helped me with migraines for years. It also helps sometimes when I'm nauseated from a hangover. It's a shame we have a such a pathetic and greedy government that won't legalize it and get it at least as a medicine all over the US. It could probably help Harvin out a lot right now. He smoked all through college and this wasn't some huge problem for him at all.

There are studies that have demonstrated clinical endocannabinoid deficiency in conditions such as migraine headaches. At this time, there is a prescription-legal drug, Marinol," available as a "synthetic marijuana." It is a cannabinoid concentrate of the active ingredient of marijuana.

There are studies that have demonstrated clinical endocannabinoid deficiency in conditions such as migraine headaches. At this time, there is a prescription-legal drug, Marinol," available as a "synthetic marijuana." It is a cannabinoid concentrate of the active ingredient of marijuana.

Damn. I think I just developed a long history of migraines. :boogie:

:jk:

Sounds just like an aura preceding a seizure. I guess there could be some similar symptoms since they are both neurological.

I wonder if that's what I get? I probably run into that, which I describe as "static" 2-3 times a month and it can pretty much take me out when it's bad. It starts around the edges of my field of vision, usually bottom-right or bottom-left and I always think it reminds me of "jagged lines" and/or snow static like on a TV that's not tuned to any particular channel. It's also very reminiscent of the effect you get when you're looking at very bright lights and then close your eyes. You know that after-image you see? I get that but it's like I haven't closed my eyes and I'm still getting after images one on top of the other.

It's particularly bad when I spend long days staring at a monitor. Then it gets to where I can't keep working because I can't focus on the work on the screen.

It will get progressively worse until I quit trying to do anything and just go take a nap in a dark room. No pain though. Never any pain, just that weird "Ok, we're done seeing for a while" thing. Last week on the way home Thursday I had to pull over and let my wife drive the rest of the way. My peripheral vision was shot and I wasn't comfortable continuing to drive.

So what doctor do I need to go speak to about getting my prescription to Marinol?

Back