Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-17-2005   #1
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.
Default Does anyone think my friend might get drafted? WR Nehemiah Glover Texas Tech

I was curious as to see what your thought my be one of of my friends. Even though is 40's aren't impressive, he has very deceptive speed trust me, for 100m and 200m sprinter. His combine times were very impressive. Ex track and football star at La Marque. He finished at Tech I believe 2nd in all time Touch Downs. Do you think he would get picked and if so, where? I'd love to see him go on the first day. Here were is Pro Day stats off NFL.Com:

Nehemiah Glover WR Glover (5-7 7/8, 185) ran his 40s in 4.66 and 4.65. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.27 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.19. He had a 34-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-5 broad jump.
Old 03-17-2005   #2
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

I watched him play this past year with the Red Raiders. Him and Jarrett Hicks made alot of great plays. Glover could break away from the defenders when they would least expect it.

It's hard to say WHERE he'll get drafted, but he WILL be drafted for sure, in my opinion.

His teammate from last year, Carlos Francis, was drafted in the 4th round by the Raiders. His 40 time was 4.33.

Being optimistic, I'd say the 1st round. But in reality, maybe the 3rd or later.
Old 03-17-2005   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Adell Ducket too. He has made big plays for Raiders on defense for a few years now. I think he'll go in 3rd or late 2nd.
Old 03-17-2005   #4
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

I had read at NFL.com that Adell is considered as a 'tweener, and he might end up playing linebacker in a team's 3-4 scheme.
Old 03-17-2005   #5
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G.
I was curious as to see what your thought my be one of of my friends. Even though is 40's aren't impressive, he has very deceptive speed trust me, for 100m and 200m sprinter. His combine times were very impressive. Ex track and football star at La Marque. He finished at Tech I believe 2nd in all time Touch Downs. Do you think he would get picked and if so, where? I'd love to see him go on the first day. Here were is Pro Day stats off NFL.Com:

Nehemiah Glover WR Glover (5-7 7/8, 185) ran his 40s in 4.66 and 4.65. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.27 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.19. He had a 34-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-5 broad jump.
On my board he is the 38th ranked WR in the draft. I think 3 WR will go in the 1st maybe for if a trade i heard about between titans and 49ers happens. so thats 34-35 picks. I think 2nd round and 3rd about 5-6 could go. so at the most in 1st 3 rounds 15 WR will go. So its a possibility he could go in 7th round to me. Unless his stock rises.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #6
Rovator
Veteran

Bad combo of height/speed, I really doubt he'll go in the first day. If I had to guess I don't think he'll get drafted till the 6th-7th round if he gets drafted at all.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im From La Marque, went to high school with the guy.....it would be a crime if he didnt get drafted, because he is phenominally talented....so much talent goes out of la marque but never makes it to the nfl...but glover, he was special

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2005   #8
royce1054
All Pro

as the draft goes on usually more WR are drafted so it might happen. If there are 4 in the 1st, 6 2nd, 6 in 3rd, 6-7 in 4th, 6-7 in 5th, 6 in 6th and 6 in 7th obcourse this is what if scenario not sayin it will be true.
Estimating
4 +6 = 10 in 1st 2 round
12 in 3 & 4
12 in 5 & 6
6 in 7
thats 40
so i am estimating 40

that would put him in the 6th. Prob beginning of 6.
Old 03-17-2005   #9
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a bad height/speed combo...That alone probably pushes him to late 2nd day unless a team thinks he could be a good return guy...If I had to guess what round he'd end up in, I'd say 7th...
Old 03-17-2005   #10
royce1054
All Pro

to be safe i would agree with D-rek but dont be surprised if he rises to 6th
Old 03-17-2005   #11
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Never seen him play, but im sure he is very gifted and not to be disrespectful but he will probably go in 5th(longshot)-early to mid 7th round) he might get drafted. He wont play much at all, and might be out of the nfl rather quick. Srry to break it to you kid. have a nice day
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #12
cadahnic
All Pro

Ne High wont get drafted unless it is in the 6th or 7th. Look for him to be an undrafted free agent and prove to people that he can either return kicks or be a special teams threat, because he is short and not very fast
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read