Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-17-2010   #1
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Away Games - HELP!!!

Anyone going to any of the Texans' road games this year? I am trying to decide between the Jets game and the Titans game...

Opinions welcome!!!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Away Games - HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Anyone going to any of the Texans' road games this year? I am trying to decide between the Jets game and the Titans game...

Opinions welcome!!!
A few of us were talking about the Titans away game and thought it would be an EXCELLENT road trip!! Get a caravan of Texan fans together and head on down the road to Nashville!! We did this once before and had an absolute BLAST!! Something to think about anyway.

I've been thinking about the Jets or Philly game, but, gonna be kinda pricey! Just not sure.

BTW: I'll get your "gift" in the mail tomorrow. Enjoy!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #3
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I have lined up already- Saints, Skins, Raiders, and Titans for sure. I am thinking about the Jets and Philly.

If you are able to go to a road game, just do it!! It is a fun experience.

GMA, let me know about that Titans road trip. I would love to roll there and help with the driving but I will fly back to Houston after the holidays since the family is there.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #4
Webbster
Rookie

Going to the Skins game. Should be a blast
Webbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #5
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am looking into going to the Raiders game.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #6
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 51 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I am looking into going to the Raiders game.
We welcome you all.
Old 08-20-2010   #7
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking about it.

I really wanted to go to the Philly game, but it way too long of a distance to travel. I'm was contemplating whether or not to go to the Indy game, but since it's MNF, I'm leaning more towards staying home and watching it.

However, if the Broncos game has any meaning to it, then there's a high chance I'll go to it. It's not too far of a drive from where I'm at, plus I got a couple of buddies in CO and had always wanted to go to Mile High Stadium/CO.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2010   #8
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be cautious about the Philly game. The fans are very mean and rude to non-Eagles fans. I watched them throw beer bottles at Saints fans (from behind) at the game last year. I live here and will not be attending that game.

Tickets to the Jets game are really pricey. I'm guessing mainly because it's a new stadium.

I'll be at the 'skins game. The tickets are not all that bad and neither are the fans.

If you're going to the 'skins game, maybe we should try and get together and say "hi" at the game...let me know what you think.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #9
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never purchased an NFL ticket before.

Is there any insider tips to purchasing tickets for away games? I'm guessing you'd be best suited to purchase tickets right at the visitors side?
Old 08-20-2010   #10
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_me View Post
We welcome you all.
Thanks. I look forward to being in your stadium. Check back as the date gets closer. I would love information on tailgating.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #11
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post

Is there any insider tips to purchasing tickets for away games? I'm guessing you'd be best suited to purchase tickets right at the visitors side?
I got my tickets for the 'skins game via vividseats.com.
I googled redskins tickets and checked all the sites that came up and they had the best seats at a great price.
Every place I looked had a great seat map so you can pick the area you want to sit. I try and get the visitors sideline.

Hope that helps at least a little...
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been to both venues for a Texans game and didn't have anything negative to say bout either one's fans. The Titan fans were probably the nicest I've come across so far and the Jets fans, well, I got the vibe if they're team wouldn't been beating us they would've been a little hard to deal with. Have fun where ever you go.
Old 08-20-2010   #13
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

The Battle Red Bunch, 6 of us at least, are heading to jacksonville in November.
Already got seats from stub hub.
Cheap flight on SWA too.
Go to jax while you can before they move to LA or London!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #14
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post

Visitors side can't hurt, but it's not that important. Stub Hub and Razor Gator have always done well for me buying tickets. I've heard good things about Vivid Seats too. Shop them against each other!
Old 08-23-2010   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I would be cautious about the Philly game. The fans are very mean and rude to non-Eagles fans. I watched them throw beer bottles at Saints fans (from behind) at the game last year. I live here and will not be attending that game.
So you get to watch the game, AND get free beer? Sweet.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #16
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 16897 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
A few of us were talking about the Titans away game and thought it would be an EXCELLENT road trip!!
I hope you do and you know we'll roll out the welcome mat
Old 08-25-2010   #17
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking of going to the Colts game for a Monday nighter. Anyone else down?
Old 08-25-2010   #18
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I'm thinking of going to the Colts game for a Monday nighter. Anyone else down?
That sounds like fun, I have to check with my finances.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #19
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
That sounds like fun, I have to check with my finances.
good time to start selling blood and semen lol j/k.
Old 08-25-2010   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it me?

But this yrs away games are either places that you have to worry about being an away fan.(Eagles,Raiders ) Or the places I would like to go Denver in Jan. (Cant afford to get snowed in) Jets around Christmas time. (Cant go)

I go to an away game every yr. But think I'm going to sit this yr out.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read