Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-17-2005   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Alex Smith's Workout

I don't know if anyone has heard but his guy just might have cemented his 1st overall pick projection. Threw like 80 passes and completed 77(two were dropped by the TE and one was dropped by a WR). Scouts gave him a standing applause when he finished and one even called it the best workout since Troy Aikman.

Last edited by F-minus67; 03-17-2005 at 03:15 PM.
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be so quick to say he cemented the #1 pick yet...Rodgers still hasn't had his pro day, and if it's remotely close to Smith's, he'll probably still be considered the front-runner for the 1st overall selection...
Old 03-17-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Tedford stigma is going to bite Rodgers. I bet Smith has the better career even if picked before Rodgers (I can't see it...but I couldn't see how teams picked Rivers and Manning over Rothlisberger last year). I bet Big Ben has a better career than Manning and Rivers from last year. Jury still out on that though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that hurt Big Ben was that many people were critical over the fact that he played in the MAC against less than stellar competition...
Old 03-17-2005   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Cardinals should be all over him should he slip their way- 8th overall pick (subtle hint Fiddy)
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #6
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

I have a feeling Rodgers won't get a standing O from the scouts. The guy is a robot
Old 03-17-2005   #7
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Manning and Roeth did the same things in college, except Eli did it against SEC defenses. It's very easy to see why he was picked over big ben
Old 03-17-2005   #8
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

on my boards i have him either going 16 to saints or 20 something to Packers as farves backup
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #9
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

While I don't think that highly of Smith, he will be a top 5 pick. Some team will trade up to get him.
Old 03-17-2005   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I've like Smith over Rodgers all the time and now with his workout he might go no.1 overall. He is very mobile and accurate.
Old 03-17-2005   #11
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Looks like the race is gonna be close this year...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8301213

Quote:
I spoke with people who attended Rodgers' workout and saw Smith work out the day before (which I saw in person), and at this point no one can distinguish one from the other. No one can distinguish who the leader is in the barn. All we know is that it's a two-horse race for top quarterback, and both participants are true thoroughbreds.
Old 03-17-2005   #12
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Looks like the race is gonna be close this year...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8301213
Good. One more player falling to the Texans when their spot comes up.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #13
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01
Good. One more player falling to the Texans when their spot comes up.
I dont see the texans not drafting a WR or OL in 2nd. The user mock i was apart of where the sites resident fans got on their and had mock draft. Each guy had like 5 mins to make his descision. They had Williamson going #7 and Clayton going #13 to us. So it all depends on the trades that will happen. I dont see rolle or Pac-man being there. I dont see which i hope he slips past detriot is Alex Barron he would be a good T. I dont see Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams being their. I dont see A. Rodgers, Chris benson, Cadillac Williams, or Ronnie Brown Being there. So thats 8 possibly 9 people i dont see being there at 9. I dont think spears, or Merriman will be there either so that makes its 11. Barron if drafted makes its 12. so... you see where i am going.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read