Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Ndamakong Suh

Anybody watch this game? I'm watching bits of it now, Ndamukong had a very good series (man!! that Sum'bich is strong)... second series not looking too good. Looks like a rookie against the double team, which I think Pittsburgh realized they had better do after that first series.
Old 08-17-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ndamakong Suh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Anybody watch this game? I'm watching bits of it now, Ndamukong had a very good series (man!! that Sum'bich is strong)... second series not looking too good. Looks like a rookie against the double team, which I think Pittsburgh realized they had better do after that first series.
Yes he was literally pushing the guard back into the QB. The second series he was being double teamed but if you notice, the linebackers and Vandenbosch were getting to the QB with alot of ease mainly because of Suh's ability to draw a double team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #3
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he recorded any stats but their defensive line was getting in the quarterbacks face series after series. Kyle Vanden Bosch was doing very well and still has enough left in his tank to be a dominat player. Cliff Avril did really well for an undersized DE.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ndamakong Suh

No, but we would have just to watch Suh!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for the Lions the next couple of years. I think they have potential to make significant strides this year(6 or 7 wins, maybe?) and be competing for playoffs come next season. They have quite a few good pieces in place at this point.
Old 08-17-2010   #6
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65967 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

My best friend is a diehard Lion fan that has been driven to the ground and defeated - I was damn excited for him when the Lions got Suh, but he's completely convinced that his team is cursed, and somehow this kid will blow his knee out again.

I'll never forget attending the Thanksgiving Day massacre when the Titans beat them so bad that fans were chanting 0 and 16.

I sure hope my buddy's wrong on all fronts, the kid has the potential to make that D one of the NFL's best ASAP. He's that disruptive/special, and the team's longtime suffering fans deserve a little sunshine.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #7
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
He's that disruptive/special, and the team's longtime suffering fans deserve a little sunshine.
I totally agree with you, I thought I had it bad these past few years as a Raiders fan, but that is nothing compared to being a Lions fan. I hope they do well this season, they got a great head coach, I believe they got a franchise QB and if Jahvid Best can play as well as he used to before his injury they will have an amazing offense. Their defense might end up being even better with all the additions they made to it. I think Suh will do well this year, but his breakout season probably won't occur until 2011.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2010   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think Suh compares well to Warren Sapp.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I really think Suh compares well to Warren Sapp.
Ooh... I'm not seeing that. I only saw that one good series, but he looked too much like a brute to compare with the quick, relentless Warren Sapp.
Old 08-18-2010   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ooh... I'm not seeing that. I only saw that one good series, but he looked too much like a brute to compare with the quick, relentless Warren Sapp.
He has really good feet. I think once he gets used to the talent jump we will see more of that.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #11
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65967 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To me, he's more like Haynesworth, minus weight issues and the shitty attitude, and much more potentially consistent.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read