Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2010   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jay Glazer's After Party

Did anyone else see this? I basically found it when I was searching for the Cardinal game.

He interviewed a bunch of Texans last week.

During AJ's interview, AJ said something I never had heard about. He sits in the QB meetings and watches film with Schaub. When Schaub first got to Houston, he sat down with AJ and went through the film play by play and told him why he didn't throw him them ball on each play. AJ said that was huge for him and taught him a lot.

That was very cool to hear.

The Cushing interview was good, too. Cush said that he told Kareem to get ready because Manning was going to test him every play in Game 1 just like he (Manning) tested him (Cush) every play. Glazer was going on and on about the heat and asked Cush if there was ANYTHING good about Training Camp and Cush immediately said yes... Football. This kid loves football.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jay Glazer's After Party

Love that part about Schaub.

Rep ya if I could.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #3
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 80974 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Good find. Source?
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #4
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub segment

Andre Johnson segment

Brian Cushing segment

Mario Williams segment
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #5
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

It was on the web page. I saw it, but could not bring up the Mario one.

Matt, Aj, Cushing and Mario.

Cushing's was pretty good, but looked like there was still some coolness between the two.
Old 08-17-2010   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Did anyone else see this? I basically found it when I was searching for the Cardinal game.

He interviewed a bunch of Texans last week.

During AJ's interview, AJ said something I never had heard about. He sits in the QB meetings and watches film with Schaub. When Schaub first got to Houston, he sat down with AJ and went through the film play by play and told him why he didn't throw him them ball on each play. AJ said that was huge for him and taught him a lot.

That was very cool to hear.

The Cushing interview was good, too. Cush said that he told Kareem to get ready because Manning was going to test him every play in Game 1 just like he (Manning) tested him (Cush) every play. Glazer was going on and on about the heat and asked Cush if there was ANYTHING good about Training Camp and Cush immediately said yes... Football. This kid loves football.
Thanks guys.

Damn, I love me some Andre Johnson, Cushing, Mario, and Schaub.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The Cushing interview was good, too. Cush said that he told Kareem to get ready because Manning was going to test him every play in Game 1 just like he (Manning) tested him (Cush) every play.
And Manning said in a post game interview that Cushing was a hell of a player. Here's to Kareem having the same impression.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2010   #8
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I know Jay was trying to be funny, but he tends to come off as
an asshat. Nice job for the Texans keeping the interviews watchable.
Old 08-17-2010   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I know Jay was trying to be funny, but he tends to come off as
an asshat. Nice job for the Texans keeping the interviews watchable.
Agreed, he's horrible horrible... asking AJ to give him stuff... wtf, get a real job you *****
Old 08-17-2010   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 80974 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Overly engaging personalities bug me. You're forced to laugh at their unclever jokes or else suffer the consequence of an awkward situation.
Old 08-17-2010   #11
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Agreed, he's horrible horrible... asking AJ to give him stuff... wtf, get a real job you *****
I thought he did a great job and got a lot out of the players that are usually tight lipped. and i think he is funny, got a smooth humor about him other than the askin AJ for a car lol
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #12
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting the links. Had to wait till I got home to watch but well worth it!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #13
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Love that part about Schaub.

Rep ya if I could.
Got ya covered.
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #14
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how nobody has mentioned the shake weight joke yet. I don't care if you like JG or not... that was effing hilarious, the look on Schaub's face was priceless.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I don't know how nobody has mentioned the shake weight joke yet. I don't care if you like JG or not... that was effing hilarious, the look on Schaub's face was priceless.

Mike
Yeah, I actually lol'd at that.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post

Mike
Yeah, I caught that. It was damn funny. Just didn't wanna give him any credit after the Cush interview. Looked to me that #56 would have just as soon pinched his head off and, well you know the rest. I think they'll make up and Cush'll be back next year. He loves him some extreme training. JMHO

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #17
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Not liking his interview style but I gotta give him credit for not shying away from interviewing Cush.
Old 08-18-2010   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Not liking his interview style but I gotta give him credit for not shying away from interviewing Cush.
Glazer's still not very graceful about it. If you're in media, you should be able to convey your motives articulately. How this guy gets so much exposure I have no idea.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read