Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Were people actually upset the the Texans lost?

I have been away all weekend and haven't been on here however I heard a couple of people on the radio bichin about how the Texans lost the game or didn't go for OT.

OK, first off if I were a Cardinals fan I would not be happy about winning that game because when the starters were out there the Texans were whippin their tails. So that being said as a Texans fan I am pretty excited about what I saw. Mario blowing up that tackle and taking down Leinhart, Schaub's long TD pass to AJ, etc. The defense was playing nasty, etc.

I honestly could care less what happened in the last half of the 4th QTR when a bunch of scrubs are out there who probably won't even be on the team.

All the 4th QTR told me is the Texans are in trouble if the NFL goes on strike next season and our scabs have to play the Cardinals scabs. Other than that I feel real good about the Cards game with exception to Tate ending his season and Slaton demonstrating that he still can't hold on to the ball.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Were people actually upset the the Texans lost?

Preseason = me not caring.

reg season = KILL! KILL! KILL!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #3
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the first time under Kubiak that we've looked like an NFL team in the preseason. Other than Slaton, was there anything that didn't look like an NFL team in week 3 or 4? A few issues, sure... but for the most part this team looked ready to start the season tomorrow. If you're upset about this game... I dunno, when it mattered we looked great. So other teams might pick apart AZ's cuts... and leave ours alone... the difference? There actually IS a difference between our first and third teams... it doesn't look like there is much of one in AZ.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, there were people upset that the Texans lost. Just listen to the morons calling in to the talk shows. It's sickening. They are the very same people who are absolutely clueless about the game, and probably mentally challenged in all other aspects of their lives.

Most football fans are just downright stupid.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Newsflash to the fans: Our starters beat Arizona 16-0.

Our third teamers lost to Arizona 19-0.

Which one really matters more?
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #6
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Some guy who will be parking cars next week sucks at pass coverage...oh well.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing fans should still be talking about is how our starting D-line collapsed the pocket in a way this team never has in its history.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2010   #8
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Put it this way...would you rather have had this outcome Saturday...

Texans 1s dominate Cards 1s (offense and defense)
Texans 2s dominate Cards 2s (offense and defense)
Cards future grocery baggers dominate Texans future used car salesmen.

or...

Texans offensive 1s get sacked, shutdown, and shut up. Defense gets torched by a Fitz bomb and torn up on the ground
Texans 2s get more of the same
Texans led by Booty get 3 scores in the last half quarter to squeak out a win.

I'll take option 1 please.

In the regular season this would have been a 4+ TD ball stomping by our boys. No doubt.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No problemo here!! I liked what I saw, from the one's that count!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm upset that we lost...Tate for the season.

TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say what I say every year....preseason is crap. It is reps against other teams to get the kinks out. 1-15 Cowboys went 4-0. Super Bowl Cowboys went 0-4 and 1-3. Key is 1st team gets in rhythm and no injuries.
Old 08-16-2010   #12
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It was actually 10-0 but that was only in ONE quarter of play!! Thats whats impressive.

I dont know whats more impressive; the fact that Mario is on pace for 128 sacks or that our offensive starters are on pace to score 40 points a game!

Hahaha!
Old 08-16-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
This is the first time under Kubiak that we've looked like an NFL team in the preseason.
Mike
That's the first thing I thought. Kubiak seems more in control of things and things seemed to look more organized.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #14
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

If it makes anyone feel better, no one in the AFC south won there first pre season game.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #15
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was more pleased by their play through the third quarter than anything. But it was a little disappointing to see the Texans blow a 16 point lead late in the game. I know this game did not mean anything, but I would always rather see the Texans win than lose.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Our ones and twos were better and played very well, doesn't matter what the camp fodder did at the end of the game.
Old 08-16-2010   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
But it was a little disappointing to see the Texans blow a 16 point lead late in the game.
But don't you realize that the players on the field for the Texans in the fourth quarter who gave up the lead and then the game are just a collection of reserves/"bench-warmers" who will end up either being cut or on the practice squad by the start of the regular season ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

In a way , you've arrived as a team when you can blow off preseason games . That win or lose it doesn't matter because your stars didn't play much . Bad teams live or die with the preseason .
Old 08-16-2010   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I thought we put an absolute ass whoopin on them. Hell, our 2's on D stopped their offense with ease.

The only thing I was kind miffed about was our redzone O. If I ever see a stupid ass reverse again it'll be too soon. Man, I can't stand them! Then a false start after that play? WTF?

Then Slaton? Good grief, dude? You were barely hit and you fumble the ball? You could've got in if you didn't attempt to go over the pile
Old 08-16-2010   #20
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

The only people I've heard complain have been casual (and I use that term loosely) fans that really don't know that much about football. My MIL for example. She called my wife after the game and said "It looks like you wasted your money on tickets again, more of the same. They blew it in the fourth quarter like always!". And she was serious as could be. I'm surprised my wife didn't hang up on her, LOL!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read