Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-15-2010   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Larry Fitzgerald undergoes MRI on knee (NFLN)

Just showed on NFLN that Fitz is going to be getting an MRI on his right knee after the hit Wilson delivered last night. Makes me feel bad, because I never want to see such a great player get injured in the preseason.
Old 08-15-2010   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Larry Fitzgerald undergoes MRI on knee (NFLN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Just showed on NFLN that Fitz is going to be getting an MRI on his right knee after the hit Wilson delivered last night. Makes me feel bad, because I never want to see such a great player get injured in the preseason.
It should make Matt Leinart feel bad, for exposing Fitz to such a big hit.
Old 08-15-2010   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There's a lot of reasons Matt Leinart should feel bad. This is only one.
Old 08-15-2010   #4
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

http://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/21259960917
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #5
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Larry Fitzgerald sprained MCL

Report..

Quote:
An MRI showed Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald sprained the MCL in his right knee in Arizona's 19-16 loss to Houston on Saturday night, according to multiple media reports.

Fitzgerald was hurt when he took a nasty hit from Texans safety Eugene Wilson as he caught a 16-yard pass from quarterback Matt Leinart. Fitzgerald stayed in the game.

Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt told The Arizona Republic that he planned to be careful with Fitzgerald over the next few weeks.

"I think we know what Larry can do," Whisenhunt told the newspaper on Saturday night.

Fitzgerald is expected to be ready for the start of the regular season, according to The Arizona Republic.

"They say they want to be careful with it so it doesn't linger and … I'm ready to go for Week 1 at St. Louis," Fitzgerald said. "It's frustrating, because I was having my best camp as a pro."
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes this stuff is a blessing in disguise for preseason. Guys like that should be getting minimal reps anyways. He is a pro and knows what he needs to do to be ready on opening day. Having a banged up knee isn't a blessing but I'd just rest him and have him ready for the season.
Old 08-16-2010   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, last preseason E Willie was dealt a knee injury. This season he is the dealer. Except by no means was Wilson being a cheap shot artist like her highness the Queen Mrs. Brette Favre.

Hey, Leinart should learn how to keep his **** down.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2010   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

As long as he is ready to go for game number one if he ends up on my fantsy team I'll be happy.
Old 08-16-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Well, last preseason E Willie was dealt a knee injury. This season he is the dealer. Except by no means was Wilson being a cheap shot artist like her highness the Queen Mrs. Brette Favre.

Hey, Leinart should learn how to keep his **** down.
Right, E.Wilson wasn't trying to hurt the man, he was actually going for the ball. If you watch the replay from the QB view, there was no one where Lienart threw that ball, but Eugene several yards back. Wilson was actually coming to intercept the ball, but Fitz got to it first. At the last second, Wilson curled up to deliver the blow.

There was a lot of traffic in front of Lienart, I don't know if he could have realistically thrown it lower. But I think he should have definitely thrown it further to his right, where Fitz would be able to make a play on it as soon as he came out of his break. Fitz had to run damn near half the field to get to the ball. Had it been where it should have been, Wilson wouldn't have been in position to make a play, as he was covering the other side of the field.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched again, at some time during the season.
Old 08-16-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what sucks about pre-season. If it was up to me, I'd only play the "star" players a few series in the preseason 3rd game and that's it. It blows watching players go down in pre-season, no matter the team.
Old 08-16-2010   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's what sucks about pre-season. If it was up to me, I'd only play the "star" players a few series in the preseason 3rd game and that's it. It blows watching players go down in pre-season, no matter the team.
Yep. Players that could and would have made a difference for their team are now out for the year. I was just reading a column online where a guy said the NFL is going to have to do something about preseason because too many guys are lost for the season in meaningless games. He suggested team on team practices and making the preseason 2 games. Food for thought.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so sick of the god damn pre season injuries every year.

The NFL needs to quit their talking and just make pre season two games period. I won't attend any pre season games anymore after the first two. I wish more fans would follow suit and send a message to the owners and the NFL and just stop attending these games. They're a waste of time and they don't solve a thing. Players don't need to be there getting injured for the real season when things actually count. Team's seasons get ruined behind this kind of thing.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Ben Tate anyone?
Old 08-16-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Ben Tate anyone?
Thank you gary, for a minute there I thought everybody was overlooking Ben Tate.
Old 08-16-2010   #15
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I agree.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #16
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yeah Leinart should feel bad but with the pressure he was getting he just wanted to get rid of the ball.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read