Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-15-2010   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak 8/15 Presser

Here's the live link.
Old 08-15-2010   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak 8/15 Presser

Started off by saying Tate would need surgery

Tuesday is going to be the surgery day apparently.
Old 08-15-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

blah blah.....Tate ankle injury is serious, no real details yet....blah blah.....1st and 2nds did well....blah blah.....McDoubleChin's scratchy voice.....blah blah

For some reason I still watch these, even though I never hear much from them. But I watch them anyway. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was fairly informative (if not short). I'm glad he wasn't like "CHRIS HENRY WAS THE BOMB YO WATCHOUT".

Maybe we can get Rex Ryan to stand in for Kubiak during pressers. That dude is funny.
Old 08-15-2010   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak made a good point regarding McManis. He sat out OTAs, was only able to do individual work at the beginning of camp, and has only practiced for 5 days. Then, McManis comes out and performs well in his first NFL game (be it preseason). Impressive.
Old 08-15-2010   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the transcript with what Kubiak said and didn't say:

Texans Bull Blog

Last edited by dalemurphy; 08-15-2010 at 06:56 PM.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Here's the transcript with what Kubiak said and didn't say:

Texans Bull Blog

One thing that I didn't mention: Kubiak looked and sounded very relaxed and willing to answer questions. It seems very clear to me that he has very high expectations for the season and is quite confident in this group of players.
Old 08-16-2010   #8
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One thing that I didn't mention: Kubiak looked and sounded very relaxed and willing to answer questions. It seems very clear to me that he has very high expectations for the season and is quite confident in this group of players.
Dale I love your blog pal but I keep getting a popup 'ads by google' box that wont shift covering the first paragraph or so, is this anything you can fix or is it something on my laptop? Ta.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Dale I love your blog pal but I keep getting a popup 'ads by google' box that wont shift covering the first paragraph or so, is this anything you can fix or is it something on my laptop? Ta.
Copy-paste the entire text into another program, that's what I did... but it's really annoying!
Old 08-16-2010   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Copy-paste the entire text into another program, that's what I did... but it's really annoying!
We're working on it. Those aren't our ads or setup. I'll have it fixed in the next few days. That doesn't happen on most computers but it is happening on a few... I don't know why.
Old 08-16-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I finally watched the game last night. I personally think some here are a little over zealous on their recount of the game.

Trindon Holliday looked fine on Kick-off returns, I don't understand why he decided to return that last one, the defense was coming across the 20 as he caught the ball. He looked horrible in punt returns. Kubiak believes the reasons are coachable, like positioning... I don't think he cleanly caught a single punt, I could be wrong, but he did look like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But you're damn right he's fast, so I wouldn't count him out for being a big part of this team going forward.

Sharpton... who in the hell said he was undersized? There ain't nothing small about that man.

Adrian Wilson is fast. Wish he was on our team (not to replace Pollard or nothing). But when he started 10 yards back on the backside of a run play to our left, and he got to the RB before he could turn upfield, I was like WOW!!!.

The running backs didn't look bad at all, and that is including Slaton's fumble. Had he not had the history, it would still be a concern, but not as much as it is now. I think he'll be fine.

I don't care what anyone says, I still like Chris Henry. He didn't only look tough to me, he looked very tough. His pass blocking (with that one exception) looks good. I know everybody wants to say it was only two games, but Arian Foster looks every bit as good as a starter, I'm very excited to see what he does this season. He reminds me of someone, but I can't put my finger on it. Not TD, but another very good back from days past (maybe Eddie George).

I'm a little disappointed how inconsistent Studdard looked. On some plays, he's a bona-fide starter, then on other plays, he has no business being on the field. That is one of the areas I thought he improved tremendously last year, but it looks like he's back to square one. Hopefully, it's just first game jitters.

I can't believe we spent good money on Wade Smith, Chris White is not an NFL starting Center. I don't think Meyers has anything to worry about from this group of guys. Bottom line, Studdard has to pick up his game, I don't think Wade Smith is an option. Maybe moving Caldwell to LG & putting Chris White at RG. Maybe.

I thought Butler looked better last year. He didn't look terrible Saturday, but I thought he looked better last year. Maybe it's the first game thing again. I did like that #79 Stenavich, and #71 Smith, I think they'll be part of the Texans future.

Jacoby looked great, Dickerson looked Great, I feel bad for Glen Martinez, and worry about DA.

Bing. I remember the Championship game he played in. Or was that a Rose Bowl game? I was excited about him coming out in the draft that year, and hoped we could get him and make him a LB. He also had some high level plays as well as some really low level plays. I still think he's a player, just got some work to do... After our starting LBs, I think it should be Sharpton, Bing, Adibi. I understand the love for Bently, but I don't think he's one of the best 6 LBs on this team.

DL, hopefully it's the first game thing, but it's very disappointing to talk about getting the QB, putting pressure on the QB, getting after the QB, and then seeing what was out there Saturday. I mean, do they take Mario, Antonio, & Connor into a special room and tell them, "this is what you're supposed to do." and then tell everybody else something different?

I'm confused about Eric Mitchell, I've been hearing great things about him in camp, and Kubiak was still glowing about him in this presser, but I didn't see anything to write home about. Maybe they are asking our DTs to something other than what we would like to see a DT do. I don't know.
Old 08-16-2010   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41467 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I like your blog DM !
So you're saying Shelly Smith might make the roster and contribute this year ? This is the best report on the CSU rookie I've heard to this point, but it's good to hear. With his athleticism and foot speed he seems like a natural for LG in the ZBS ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Martinez was already cut TK
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 139472 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think Kubiak made a good point regarding McManis. He sat out OTAs, was only able to do individual work at the beginning of camp, and has only practiced for 5 days. Then, McManis comes out and performs well in his first NFL game (be it preseason). Impressive.

Dude was a captain at Nortwestern who I believe couldn't workout at the combine because of a leg issue . Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Northwestern like Rice but in the Big 10 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I finally watched the game last night. I personally think some here are a little over zealous on their recount of the game.

Trindon Holliday looked fine on Kick-off returns, I don't understand why he decided to return that last one, the defense was coming across the 20 as he caught the ball. He looked horrible in punt returns. Kubiak believes the reasons are coachable, like positioning... I don't think he cleanly caught a single punt, I could be wrong, but he did look like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But you're damn right he's fast, so I wouldn't count him out for being a big part of this team going forward.

Sharpton... who in the hell said he was undersized? There ain't nothing small about that man.

Adrian Wilson is fast. Wish he was on our team (not to replace Pollard or nothing). But when he started 10 yards back on the backside of a run play to our left, and he got to the RB before he could turn upfield, I was like WOW!!!.

The running backs didn't look bad at all, and that is including Slaton's fumble. Had he not had the history, it would still be a concern, but not as much as it is now. I think he'll be fine.

I don't care what anyone says, I still like Chris Henry. He didn't only look tough to me, he looked very tough. His pass blocking (with that one exception) looks good. I know everybody wants to say it was only two games, but Arian Foster looks every bit as good as a starter, I'm very excited to see what he does this season. He reminds me of someone, but I can't put my finger on it. Not TD, but another very good back from days past (maybe Eddie George).

I'm a little disappointed how inconsistent Studdard looked. On some plays, he's a bona-fide starter, then on other plays, he has no business being on the field. That is one of the areas I thought he improved tremendously last year, but it looks like he's back to square one. Hopefully, it's just first game jitters.

I can't believe we spent good money on Wade Smith, Chris White is not an NFL starting Center. I don't think Meyers has anything to worry about from this group of guys. Bottom line, Studdard has to pick up his game, I don't think Wade Smith is an option. Maybe moving Caldwell to LG & putting Chris White at RG. Maybe.

I thought Butler looked better last year. He didn't look terrible Saturday, but I thought he looked better last year. Maybe it's the first game thing again. I did like that #79 Stenavich, and #71 Smith, I think they'll be part of the Texans future.

Jacoby looked great, Dickerson looked Great, I feel bad for Glen Martinez, and worry about DA.

Bing. I remember the Championship game he played in. Or was that a Rose Bowl game? I was excited about him coming out in the draft that year, and hoped we could get him and make him a LB. He also had some high level plays as well as some really low level plays. I still think he's a player, just got some work to do... After our starting LBs, I think it should be Sharpton, Bing, Adibi. I understand the love for Bently, but I don't think he's one of the best 6 LBs on this team.

DL, hopefully it's the first game thing, but it's very disappointing to talk about getting the QB, putting pressure on the QB, getting after the QB, and then seeing what was out there Saturday. I mean, do they take Mario, Antonio, & Connor into a special room and tell them, "this is what you're supposed to do." and then tell everybody else something different?

I'm confused about Eric Mitchell, I've been hearing great things about him in camp, and Kubiak was still glowing about him in this presser, but I didn't see anything to write home about. Maybe they are asking our DTs to something other than what we would like to see a DT do. I don't know.

There was one play where Earl Mitchell did a spin move that was impressive , got to the QB and missed . The speed and tightness of that move is what their drooling over .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 08-16-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I found that I had the problem when I had my IE window maximized. If I resized the window smaller, the google ads popped back to where they're supposed to be and allowed me to read the text.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're working on it. Those aren't our ads or setup. I'll have it fixed in the next few days. That doesn't happen on most computers but it is happening on a few... I don't know why.
It only happens on mine when the IE window is maximized (which is how I normally roll.)
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I like your blog DM !
So you're saying Shelly Smith might make the roster and contribute this year ? This is the best report on the CSU rookie I've heard to this point, but it's good to hear. With his athleticism and foot speed he seems like a natural for LG in the ZBS ?

Thanks....
When I went to two training camp practices, I came away unimpressed with Smith. But, based on the performance at Arizona, he should certainly leapfrog Chris White on the depth chart.. If so, that give him a realistic shot at making the roster. However, with Studdard, Myers, Caldwell, Wade Smith and Brisiel all ahead of him, he will need more good performances to ensure a spot... but, I think he's got a real chance (he can play guard and center).
Old 08-16-2010   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Kubiak 8/15 Presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Martinez was already cut TK
I heard IR on 610 a few weeks ago?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #19
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Don't forget Brisiel, I think hes the starting LG when its all said and done. He didn't get in the game due to sickness.
Old 08-16-2010   #20
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I heard IR on 610 a few weeks ago?
He was placed on IR and they reached an injury settlement I assume and he was cut.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read