Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-15-2010   #1
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default 4th pick ... suggestions?

Ok so I play a keeper league.

I have Mendanhall in the 4th and L McCoy in the 5th. Pretty sure these guys are locked unless injured or suspended in preseason.

I can take Rickey Williams at 10 .... GB's D at 13 .... or Kenny Britt at 20.

Questions:
1. would you take one of these positions at this pick level considering a 24 pick league that consistes of 4 D players picks (Secondary, Line and rovers at each position)

2. I have 4th and I have a wr/rb. CJ and AP are top 2 .... Then rankings drop MJD, Rice, Turner and Gore.

MJD I am concerned that the Jags WR core would not beat a high school team.

Rice I am scared that Flunko really lies heavy on the pass with all those guys.

so you think QB ... QWR or take a chance on one of these guys?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th pick ... suggestions?

Ben Tate looked good tonight. Might want to take a flyer on him. Sneak him in.
Old 08-15-2010   #3
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't go with Britt. I understand his team doesn't have a QB and he would be only a 5th WR on most teams.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this PPR or touchdown based?

PPR take Rice as he catches alot of passes.

TD based take MJD.

I would take Ricky Williams at 10 since the Fins ground game is so damn good. Ricky will get alot of touches even if Ronnie Brown stays healthy since Brown cant catch out of the backfield.

Hope this helps.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #5
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Is this PPR or touchdown based?

PPR take Rice as he catches alot of passes.

TD based take MJD.

I would take Ricky Williams at 10 since the Fins ground game is so damn good. Ricky will get alot of touches even if Ronnie Brown stays healthy since Brown cant catch out of the backfield.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the serious answer. The only problem I see in that is I would then have 4 RB. I can start 3 because we have a rover but I could also get a top tier QB. We get 6 points for a TD, 1/2 point per reception and a point every 20 receiving yard. We also get 3 points at 100 yard rec and 3 points at 100 rushing.

Also either Rice or MJD will be gone because there are 3 picks ahead of me.

EDIT:
Ok so I looked even closer at the draft and Rice is going to be someones keeper he was taken in the 5th last season. So I guess my choices are going to be:

Turner
Gore
AJ
Brees

With me leaning towards AJ or Brees

Old 08-17-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Thanks for the serious answer. The only problem I see in that is I would then have 4 RB. I can start 3 because we have a rover but I could also get a top tier QB. We get 6 points for a TD, 1/2 point per reception and a point every 20 receiving yard. We also get 3 points at 100 yard rec and 3 points at 100 rushing.

EDIT:
Ok so I looked even closer at the draft and Rice is going to be someones keeper he was taken in the 5th last season. So I guess my choices are going to be:

Turner
Gore
AJ
Brees

Who is your qb and wr now?
Old 08-17-2010   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

EDIT:

Turner
Gore
AJ
Brees

You cant go wrong with either. Both are poised to have huge years. But you cant count on them being as good as last year, as they have nowhere to go but down.

I would go Brees then AJ. He will be more consistant and more reliable than a WR. if the WR gets a full point per reception then it is a toss up IMO.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2010   #8
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Who is your qb and wr now?
Last year I had Manning and he is not allowed as a keeper. My WR were pretty bad. Eddie Royal, Avery, A Gonzales who I could take as my 3rd rounder which I am not really considering. And Britt like I said I could take as my 20th over all in a 22 round draft.

I could take Shockey in the 7th as well.

Old 08-17-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last year I had Manning and he is not allowed as a keeper. My WR were pretty bad. Eddie Royal, Avery, A Gonzales who I could take as my 3rd rounder which I am not really considering. And Britt like I said I could take as my 20th over all in a 22 round draft.
If all the qb's are available, I would take AJ. He;s the best in the biz at his position. Then you can get a quality qb with your next selection.
Old 08-17-2010   #10
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
If all the qb's are available, I would take AJ. He;s the best in the biz at his position. Then you can get a quality qb with your next selection.
Shaub is really the only quality QB that will be a keeper.

Old 08-17-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Shaub is really the only quality QB that will be a keeper.
So grab AJ, and with your next pick get your highest rated Qb. Then see if you can get one of the top tight ends and you are set.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read