Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2010   #1
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 6088 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ben Tate done for season (Broken Ankle)

via John McClain on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/21203384756
Old 08-14-2010   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate done for season (Broken Ankle)

This would suck if true. Luckily we have Foster and Slaton but still, not good.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know ... the way Foster is playing and the depth they have , I'd rather see him redshirt ( I know college term ) than comeback to quick . Besides I think it's good for young players to sit , learn , and get hungry .
Old 08-14-2010   #4
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Appears so. John Lopez saying the same and Robert Henslee

SportsRadioRH

Now hearing Tate injury is more serious than a high ankle sprain as previously reported. Tune in to SportsRadio 610 for more. #texans
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #5
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 9 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

this really sucks, i was really looking forward to seeing the kid run
Old 08-14-2010   #6
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

well, furk.
Old 08-14-2010   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

610 says the same thing.

He's done
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2010   #8
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

just got a flash on my blackberry saying fractured ankle...

And so it begins....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if you ask CnD he might say a simple fracture is better than a high ankle sprain .
Old 08-14-2010   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

sad, sad, sad.
Old 08-14-2010   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You know ... the way Foster is playing and the depth they have , I'd rather see him redshirt ( I know college term ) than comeback to quick . Besides I think it's good for young players to sit , learn , and get hungry .
He's now damaged goods. I don't like players with previous injuries too much. Just look at Slaton. I mean... folks who thought he was coming back strong from neck surgery... LMAO.
Old 08-14-2010   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn. It looked bad on tv but I was hoping it was nothing too serious. I guess this gives Chris Henry and Jeremiah Johnson a better shot at making the team.
Old 08-15-2010   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
He's now damaged goods. I don't like players with previous injuries too much. Just look at Slaton. I mean... folks who thought he was coming back strong from neck surgery... LMAO.
We'll see on Tate .

Slaton wants to wear flags .
Old 08-15-2010   #14
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6474 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Damn. It looked bad on tv but I was hoping it was nothing too serious. I guess this gives Chris Henry and Jeremiah Johnson a better shot at making the team.
If Chris Henry makes the team, I will give myself an enema.

I could not have been more disappointed with his performance tonight. There was one block where he ended up getting himself Meyered silly. I DVRed the game and intend to watch it tonight. I will try and get the time frame of that so called block but it was as clear as day.

It was then... that I realized... we need more RBs. Jeremiah Johnson didn't really look that impressive. Very awkward despite his impressive numbers.
Old 08-15-2010   #16
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know there are pluses to getting rookies to sit back and learn, but thats gotta be combined with actively participating in practice.

No one redshirts and spends the whole season sitting down with a clipboard.

Although I agree, the kid will be hungry as crap, if he does miss the whole season.
Old 08-15-2010   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I know there are pluses to getting rookies to sit back and learn, but thats gotta be combined with actively participating in practice.

No one redshirts and spends the whole season sitting down with a clipboard.

Although I agree, the kid will be hungry as crap, if he does miss the whole season.
Nolan did .
Old 08-15-2010   #18
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nolan did .
Ok, ok you win, lol.

I was talking more along the lines of no one (that I can recall) has a season ending injury their rookie year, and uses the year out to great effect. Although hopefully Nolan will provide Tate with some inspiration!
Old 08-15-2010   #19
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
If Chris Henry makes the team, I will give myself an enema.

I could not have been more disappointed with his performance tonight. There was one block where he ended up getting himself Meyered silly. I DVRed the game and intend to watch it tonight. I will try and get the time frame of that so called block but it was as clear as day.

It was then... that I realized... we need more RBs. Jeremiah Johnson didn't really look that impressive. Very awkward despite his impressive numbers.
Gotta disagree on Johnson, I thought he looked fantastic. With this injury Henry and Johnson have great shots at making the final cut. I could see Jeremiah being 3rd on the depth chart and Henry being more of a STs guy and emergency depth/mop up. Still three games to sort it out though.
Old 08-15-2010   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster cannot carry the load alone! Slaton has not changed, not ONE DAMN bit!! I think the boy has an attention disorder or something! I kept yelling at my TV for the boy to TUCK the ball. What does he do? Gets to the goalline and goes HIGH, does NOT tuck the ball, and fumbles!! I wonder how many times that boy has been told how to carry a ball, and what to do in certain situations! I have my doubts that he's teachable!!!BYE BYE playoff hopes if we depend on SS to play with his head screwed on right! Chris Henry and J Johnson are both big ? ! I think we're in deep doo-dooo at RB. JMO!!

I feel really bad for Ben. His facebook post this off season have been fun, and he was so looking forward to making it big this year, as were all his fans from Auburn. A sad twist of fate.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read