Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2010   #1
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 9 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Really Slaton ???

fastest way to lose play time is to go against a teams secound teamers and only have 22 yards on 10 carries and fumble the ball ... the future of the running game is Foster and Tate
Old 08-14-2010   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Really Slaton ???

As pissed off at Slaton as I am right now, I wouldn't count him out just yet. If he fumbles next week, he's in big **** trouble though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #3
cman321
noob

i thought slaton shows nice quickness. tate not so much. slaton's game is not to run up the middle on short yardage. he is like reggie bush (actually probably better) but with fumble probs.

he is a valuabe asset....just have to know how to use him
cman321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman321 View Post
i thought slaton shows nice quickness. tate not so much. slaton's game is not to run up the middle on short yardage. he is like reggie bush (actually probably better) but with fumble probs.

he is a valuabe asset....just have to know how to use him
You've decided this on one rush by Tate?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn! Tate is hurt.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63040 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey21 View Post
fastest way to lose play time is to go against a teams secound teamers and only have 22 yards on 10 carries and fumble the ball ... the future of the running game is Foster and Tate
Can't judge Slaton by his stat line. He was playing with the 2nd team offense and the line was very rusty coming out. He got stuffed in the backfield on his first few carries because the line was missing blocks. When they got down the field and got in a rhythm he was making some good plays.

I liked what I saw from him outside of the fumble. He won't be in on the goalline though during the season.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #7
ProximoMetalica
Rookie

Yeah, it does not look real good for Tate right now. Anytime your taken off the field in a cart, it ain't good. I am going to bet he is out for the season and will never be the same. I hope I am wrong, but it looked pretty darn bad to me. Just our luck!
ProximoMetalica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2010   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63040 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProximoMetalica View Post
Yeah, it does not look real good for Tate right now. Anytime your taken off the field in a cart, it ain't good. I am going to bet he is out for the season and will never be the same. I hope I am wrong, but it looked pretty darn bad to me. Just our luck!
Wow dude don't be such a negative nancy.

He has a hurt ankle or knee so of course they took him inside on the cart. What they're going to make him walk all the way to the locker room? Come on man.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 08-14-2010   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Wow dude don't be such a negative nancy.

He has a hurt ankle or knee so of course they took him inside on the cart. What they're going to make him walk all the way to the locker room? Come on man.
Exactly. Until we know the story, we don't don't know.

Old 08-14-2010   #10
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope Tate's all right. I watched the play with someone who happens to be a doctor, though, whose tone and assessment were not encouraging. If Slaton doesn't learn from his goal-line mistake, this could be another long season.

(I know we have two other backs; I'm afraid I'll jinx them if I express hope.)
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #11
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I do not put too much stock into Slaton's performance. Kinda felt bad for him. Foster gets out there with Shaub and AJ and such, and Slaton has Dan-O, which the cards are nowhere near as afraid of. He did make a few good plays, but for the sake of my blood pressure, I am going to pretend that fumble was a fluke.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My only concern right now is Tate. Slaton was simply trying too hard and busted out a giant case of the stupid on the goal line. That wasn't at all indicative of the way he has approached that kind of play in the past. He was clearly pressing because he got stuffed so much early.

Still, it was maybe the worst possible thing that could happen to him tonight and I hope he can find a way to get past it. The last thing he needs is to start thinking about fumbling.... more.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #13
LikeMike
All Pro

Rep Power: 9210 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually thought Slaton looked pretty good out there... until he fumbled the ball.. again. But before that he was hitting all the right holes, fighting for extra yards - with a little better blocking his stat line would`ve looked a lot better.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #14
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I actually thought Slaton looked pretty good out there... until he fumbled the ball.. again. But before that he was hitting all the right holes, fighting for extra yards - with a little better blocking his stat line would`ve looked a lot better.
I agree. He looked a lot better with the lost weight. Much more explosive and quicker cuts.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 08-14-2010   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing the broadcasters mentioned is that Slaton in his backpedalling doesn't know when he's going to get hit, implying he is more likely to lose the ball. My concern when he turns his back to the D and backpedals, he becomes a high risk at being hit from the back and sustaining a whiplash injury. This is the mechanism that creates cervical compression injury (his original problem), even more commonly than direct head on top of helmet impact. If he is determined to use backpedalling, he better be fit with an appropriate heavy posterior horse collar pad.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on guys! Some of you act like you've never seen someone come off the field with no weight on the leg.

Tate is done for the year and will probably be cut next year. Move on.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I'll give you that he fairly looked good effort-wise. But that fumbling has got to stop!
Old 08-14-2010   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Come on guys! Some of you act like you've never seen someone come off the field with no weight on the leg.

Overreact much?

why don't we wait until news is released.

Old 08-14-2010   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

your problem is that you're just too damned optimistic
Old 08-14-2010   #20
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read