Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-14-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dallas Clark MAY be Another Colts "Casualty"

Clark hobbled off the field yesterday. The extent of his injury is not yet known. Sounds like it may be a quad injury since he was "flexing" his leg and came back with a leg wrap (You don't tend to see a player flexing his leg with a hamstring.

Quote:
An Indianapolis Colts offense already operating at less than full strength because of injuries might have taken another hit during Friday afternoon's practice at Anderson University.

Pro Bowl tight end Dallas Clark was unable to finish the workout after injuring his left leg while running a pass route. There was no immediate comment on the severity of the injury. Can't be great news for the Colts or Manning.

After stutter-stepping his feet to stay inbounds near the back of the end zone, Clark pulled up lame. He walked slowly toward a sideline, flexing his left leg before being met by a trainer.

Clark was taken to a treatment tent near the practice field, finally emerging with a wrap around his upper left leg. He didn't return to practice and left a few minutes early on a cart.

The injury might prove to be minor. If not, it would be the latest setback to the offense.
LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dallas Clark MAY be Another Colts "Casualty"

Does look like a quad.

Quote:
The Colts received a scare Friday when Pro Bowl tight end Dallas Clark couldn't finish practice after injuring his left leg while running a pass route, The Indianapolis Star reported.

Colts coach Jim Caldwell declared Clark out for Sunday night's preseason opener against the visiting San Francisco 49ers. However, Caldwell is optimistic that Clark will return to the field soon.

"Just got a bit of a little tweak," Caldwell said Saturday morning. "He won't play in the game obviously, but he'll be back soon."

Clark immediately received medical attention at practice Friday and left on a cart with a wrap around his upper left leg.
LINK

"Soon" is a funny word in coach speak. Keep in mind the "tweak" in a quad, just like tweak in a hamstring can be a pesky little recurrent problem.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Does look like a quad.

LINK

"Soon" is a funny word in coach speak. Keep in mind the "tweak" in a quad, just like tweak in a hamstring can be a pesky little recurrent problem.
Whenever I hear the word "soon", I treat it like a command to erase everything preceding it.

And every time I get a tweak in my quad, it seems to end up in my knees.

I'd prefer to beat the Colts when they're at full strength, but I'll be just as happy to beat them depleted.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #4
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

No you dont Pencil. You beat a team whenever you can. if the trend continues for the Colts this could very well be a down year.

I would love to see the Titans and the Texans battle for the division and then maybe meet in the playoffs like Houston and Pittsburgh used to.

That my friends would be awesome.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
No you dont Pencil. You beat a team whenever you can. if the trend continues for the Colts this could very well be a down year.

I would love to see the Titans and the Texans battle for the division and then maybe meet in the playoffs like Houston and Pittsburgh used to.

That my friends would be awesome.
No, I don't what? If we beat them and they're not at full strength, people are going to point to that as the reason and we'll hear a bunch of whining excuses. That's why I'd prefer to beat them at full strength.

But... the point is... beat them. Period.
Old 08-15-2010   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

More news concerning the Colts.
Quote:
Offensive Line Shakeup: The Colts offensive line is possibly the most important unit on the team. After all they protect the teams most valued commodity in Peyton Manning.

It was recently announced that offensive line mainstay, Jeff Saturday, will be out up to six weeks with an injury. Shortly after that it was announced that left tackle Charlie Johnson will also miss time with an injury.

This preseason will be a good chance to look at ways to patch up the holes, because as of right now the Colts only have one sure starter, and that is right tackle Ryan Diem. This game will be the start of trying out players to put the line back together.
Old 08-15-2010   #7
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Oh this drives me crazy about Texans fans.... Who cares about what other people think. Who cares if the Colts have excuses? Texans fans have led the league in whining excuses for 4 season running.

If you beat them, you beat them. Injuries happen in the NFL. If the Colts are injured and the Texans win.. GOOD! They should have been healthier. Thats not the Texans fault.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh this drives me crazy about Texans fans.... Who cares about what other people think. Who cares if the Colts have excuses? Texans fans have led the league in whining excuses for 4 season running.

If you beat them, you beat them. Injuries happen in the NFL. If the Colts are injured and the Texans win.. GOOD! They should have been healthier. Thats not the Texans fault.
So we're not supposed to talk about it?

If it makes you that upset just don't read the thread. It's not that hard.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No, I don't what? If we beat them and they're not at full strength, people are going to point to that as the reason and we'll hear a bunch of whining excuses. That's why I'd prefer to beat them at full strength.

But... the point is... beat them. Period.
I'd want to beat them at full strength, because I think we can, even without Cushing.

I think we are the best team in the AFC South, I'd like to prove it.
Old 08-15-2010   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I don't care how we beat em...just win baby.
Old 08-15-2010   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77346 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If it's driving you crazy, That would mean you apparently care about what other people think!
Old 08-15-2010   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh this drives me crazy about Texans fans....
That's not specific to Texans' fans.

What you're really saying is that FANS of any sport drive you crazy.

Dude.

Deal with it and move along.
Old 08-15-2010   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

A win against a 100% healthy team counts the same as a win against an injury depleted team.
Old 08-15-2010   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

At 1-15, I just wanna beat the Colts.... for the next 15 times we meet up, at least.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If I recall correctly. Indianapolis was good before Dallas Clark got there. Remember, Peyton used to throw to guys like Marcus Pollard. With Peyton at the helm, it's kind of a plug and play deal. He has his own camps with all the WRs and TEs to familiarize himself with them. I doubt playing without Dallas Clark is going to affect much. You want to get the naysayers to believe you, win games and even sweep the Colts. After week one you have two teams from the NFL's beloved NFC East to play in Washington and Dallas. Beat them and then people start to see what you got.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

If Manning is behind whoever they might have at center, they will still be very good and the one to beat in the AFC South.
Old 08-16-2010   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point, i am unconcerned with who is or isn't playing for the colts b/c honestly, as long as they have manning under center they're going to be tough to beat. Last year we thought we had an advantage b/c their whole starting secondary was on injured reserve & they still beat us.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

/\ seconded.

Didn't see their game, but sports am was mentioning there was a big drop off in their performance when Manning was done for the night. Colts fans better ride their wave as long as it lasts.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read