Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-13-2010   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Glen Coffee retires

Shocker here...dude's 23.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/386949...s-player_news/
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Glen Coffee retires

Wow. If this is true, then I must admit that I was WRONG.

I felt we should have selected him a round earlier than we tried to, and look what would have happened: He quits.

Holy cow. I mean, I am just floored.
Old 08-13-2010   #3
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...
Old 08-13-2010   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I smell a conspiracy.....
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #5
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1809 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

That's amazing! Think about how much grief gk would have had, had he picked gc in the third round last year.
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #6
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116764 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

There's more to this. Maybe he's pulling a Ricky and quitting a failed drug test.
Old 08-13-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Wow! I was a big Glen Coffee fan. How wrong.
Old 08-13-2010   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
There's more to this. Maybe he's pulling a Ricky and quitting a failed drug test.
Or he'll be dead in 2 weeks and doesn't want anyone to worry. Maybe some illegal... coffee... smuggling gone bad?

Old 08-13-2010   #9
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...I'm shocked. Something is up, the guy was a pretty good #2 and could have potentially been a #1 RB.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Me too. I cna't wait to hear what the rest of this story is...
Old 08-13-2010   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I smell a conspiracy.....
Singletary's been locking kids in electrical closets during practice...

This is just strange. I was a fan of his, dissappointed he went before our 3rd round pick but like the fact we got his Bama counterpart Antoine Caldwell instead.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

He is not just a quiter there is merit behind this just wait.
Old 08-13-2010   #13
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Wow. If this is true, then I must admit that I was WRONG.

I felt we should have selected him a round earlier than we tried to, and look what would have happened: He quits.

Holy cow. I mean, I am just floored.
Bring up a point, did he quit or retire?
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
He is not just a quiter there is merit behind this just wait.
If he lost the passion for the game, is he a quitter?
Old 08-13-2010   #15
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he "found God"? I remember reading about a player (I believe in college) not entering the draft because he'd rather be a pastor or something. Still, this is quite strange...Quitting/retiring after 1 season?
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
I don't think he ment it like that but I won't speak for him.
Old 08-13-2010   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Nobody knows the whole story yet, but the guy quit.

You announce a retirement, at THAT stage of a career, then it's either an injury or drug problems or doesn't want to play anymore.

I didn't think his injury was career-ending. Doesn't seem to be a druggie. I have my money on the reason being a lack of interest in playing. Just a hunch.

You'd think there would have been smoke before the fire, meaning we would have watched him battle a lingering injury that just never would heal, or running into legal problems here and there. Right in the middle of training camp, he's done. And with no big announcement or anything.
Old 08-13-2010   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Nobody knows the whole story yet, but the guy quit.

You announce a retirement, at THAT stage of a career, then it's either an injury or drug problems or doesn't want to play anymore.

I didn't think his injury was career-ending. Doesn't seem to be a druggie. I have my money on the reason being a lack of interest in playing. Just a hunch.
Especially given the Balmer angle.

Apparently camp-singletary is pretty bad?
Old 08-13-2010   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If he lost the passion for the game, is he a quitter?
That would be rare but nope. Why do you love to quote me anyway?
Old 08-13-2010   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
That would be rare but nope. Why do you love to quote me anyway?
We're just one big quote-happy family.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read