Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What about Pitts??

I know its Pitts' original position (G), but he was damn good @ LT IMO...the Taylor 0 sack game, the game against Freeney @ IND in 2003...he did ok. I think if the Texans weren't so high on Seth Wand, I think Pitts would still be @ LT.

ThaShark316 said:
I know its Pitts' original position (G).
Pitts had never played OG before 2004. He was a LT in college. We PROJECTED him to play LG for us when we drafted him. It might take him another season to get used to the change.

Wand did better this season at LT than Pitts did in 2002.

ThaShark316 said:
I know its Pitts' original position (G)

To follow up on Ogre--Pitts was a walk-on football player in college and then started two years at LT--giving up 1 sack in that time.

Kyle Turley ran into Pitts in a grocery store in San Diego. He convinced him to try out for San Diego State (Turley was a player there at the time). The guy didn't even play football in high school. I don't think his high school had football, if my memory serves me right. Basically this will be his 6th year to ever play football. The sky is the limit with him.

BigDTexansFan said:
He stood his ground in 2002 and didn't miss a snap, we could alwys get a center and move McKinney to G

McKinney's the weak link - why move him to guard? Replacing him with an average center would do wonders for our line.

LBblitz said:
finally the blame is being put on Mckinnney. i thought i was alone with that opinion.

Hardly.

Just concentrate on the line during the games live, then worry about watching the ball/QB/RB/Receivers on the scoreboard replays. It's an eye opening experience when you really pay attention to the action in the trenches.

I don't think our line problem was much McKinney either. I personally think when we lost Wade then Wiegart, washington and spears were the backups that I think affected McKinney's Play because i think he tried to help them with their man and couldnt give 100% to his man.

Anyway the idea of moving Pitts to tackle would be a nightmare he blocked well but his hand position was terrible. Am I the only one that remembers the constant holding penalties he racked up? Especially against Speed rushers like Freeney and Taylor of Miami. He should stay at guard where the officials have a harder time noticing his hand position on the DL.

outofhnd said:
I don't think our line problem was much McKinney either. I personally think when we lost Wade then Wiegart, washington and spears were the backups that I think affected McKinney's Play because i think he tried to help them with their man and couldnt give 100% to his man.

Anyway the idea of moving Pitts to tackle would be a nightmare he blocked well but his hand position was terrible. Am I the only one that remembers the constant holding penalties he racked up? Especially against Speed rushers like Freeney and Taylor of Miami. He should stay at guard where the officials have a harder time noticing his hand position on the DL.

I had forgotten about all those holding calls, injuries hampered our O-line BUT think that zone blocking scheme we put in last year didn't help then changing people in and out ...the reason the best teams only get better is their O-line plays so much gets to point you know what your partner can handle and can't and you can back him up

Back