Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2005   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default What about Pitts??

He stood his ground in 2002 and didn't miss a snap, we could alwys get a center and move McKinney to G
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I know its Pitts' original position (G), but he was damn good @ LT IMO...the Taylor 0 sack game, the game against Freeney @ IND in 2003...he did ok. I think if the Texans weren't so high on Seth Wand, I think Pitts would still be @ LT.
Old 03-16-2005   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
I know its Pitts' original position (G).
Pitts had never played OG before 2004. He was a LT in college. We PROJECTED him to play LG for us when we drafted him. It might take him another season to get used to the change.

Wand did better this season at LT than Pitts did in 2002.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
I know its Pitts' original position (G)
To follow up on Ogre--Pitts was a walk-on football player in college and then started two years at LT--giving up 1 sack in that time.
Old 03-16-2005   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Kyle Turley ran into Pitts in a grocery store in San Diego. He convinced him to try out for San Diego State (Turley was a player there at the time). The guy didn't even play football in high school. I don't think his high school had football, if my memory serves me right. Basically this will be his 6th year to ever play football. The sky is the limit with him.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
He stood his ground in 2002 and didn't miss a snap, we could alwys get a center and move McKinney to G
McKinney's the weak link - why move him to guard? Replacing him with an average center would do wonders for our line.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yes if theres one spot on the OL i would replace it would have to be Mckinney !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2005   #8
G-Man
Rookie

Especially since his salary is a couple of million!
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #9
LBblitz
Veteran

finally the blame is being put on Mckinnney. i thought i was alone with that opinion.
LBblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBblitz
finally the blame is being put on Mckinnney. i thought i was alone with that opinion.
Hardly.

Just concentrate on the line during the games live, then worry about watching the ball/QB/RB/Receivers on the scoreboard replays. It's an eye opening experience when you really pay attention to the action in the trenches.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #11
outofhnd
All Pro

I don't think our line problem was much McKinney either. I personally think when we lost Wade then Wiegart, washington and spears were the backups that I think affected McKinney's Play because i think he tried to help them with their man and couldnt give 100% to his man.

Anyway the idea of moving Pitts to tackle would be a nightmare he blocked well but his hand position was terrible. Am I the only one that remembers the constant holding penalties he racked up? Especially against Speed rushers like Freeney and Taylor of Miami. He should stay at guard where the officials have a harder time noticing his hand position on the DL.

Last edited by outofhnd; 03-16-2005 at 11:07 PM.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #12
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
I don't think our line problem was much McKinney either. I personally think when we lost Wade then Wiegart, washington and spears were the backups that I think affected McKinney's Play because i think he tried to help them with their man and couldnt give 100% to his man.

Anyway the idea of moving Pitts to tackle would be a nightmare he blocked well but his hand position was terrible. Am I the only one that remembers the constant holding penalties he racked up? Especially against Speed rushers like Freeney and Taylor of Miami. He should stay at guard where the officials have a harder time noticing his hand position on the DL.

I had forgotten about all those holding calls, injuries hampered our O-line BUT think that zone blocking scheme we put in last year didn't help then changing people in and out ...the reason the best teams only get better is their O-line plays so much gets to point you know what your partner can handle and can't and you can back him up
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read