Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default One & Oh

Seems that the Colts are a primary focus these days.

It's a good read.

I'm just a little disappointed that this is getting so much attention. This, IMHO, should be common place and expected. The story makes it seem as though our first opponent wasn't a big focus leading into our other season openers (going 1-3 with a couple of butt-whuppins would also lead you to believe the same).

I'm also disappointed, that "Play-offs" appear to be the goal. For some reason, this team appears to be one year behind the fans.

Oh, and this is where I get the One & Oh thing.
Quote:
"Our motto is 'one-and-oh,'?" Pollard said. "That's it — one-and-oh. This is training camp. Coach is going to beat us down to find out who's going to argue and who's going to just put his nose in the dirt and work. I don't see anybody who's not doing that. We're out here running and sweating and bleeding because that game is at the end of the tunnel.
Old 08-09-2010   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One & Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm also disappointed, that "Play-offs" appear to be the goal. For some reason, this team appears to be one year behind the fans.
I think fans (and talking heads) tend to make a lot more out of the team's "goals" than there is, but the team did break huddle with "Super Bowl" in camp, so I don't know that they're settling for playoffs as their ultimate goal.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Their focus shouldn't be on the big picture in making playoffs and Super Bowl, it needs to be all focused on playing hard and winning the next game and after all of that, things might fall into place. I'm glad this is their mindset.
Old 08-09-2010   #4
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Their focus shouldn't be on the big picture in making playoffs and Super Bowl, it needs to be all focused on playing hard and winning the next game and after all of that, things might fall into place. I'm glad this is their mindset.
That mindset worked for the Raven when they won the super bowl. IIRC, Billick wouldn't even let the players mention playoffs or super bowl, or he would fine them. His whole focus was on the next game of the schedule and he wanted his players to think the same way. Watching the "America's Game" recap of that season of the Ravens showed how it affected the team's mentality. Apparently, it helped push the players. They may have not liked it at first, but it made them work harder.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Agreed Ryan.

For a team that has never reached the play-offs, they need to make sure they are focused on each individual game. They really can't afford not to be.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we end up losing to Indy, I have a feeling we could be in for a long, sad few following weeks
Old 08-09-2010   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can someone explain to me what the "oh" part is that Pollard referrs to? One and Oh? I get the whole "one game at a time" standard coach/player talk but... oh?

I just hope it's not "One and Oh Crap" at the end of the season. [see St. Louis Rams]
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2010   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Can someone explain to me what the "oh" part is that Pollard referrs to? One and Oh? I get the whole "one game at a time" standard coach/player talk but... oh?

I just hope it's not "One and Oh Crap" at the end of the season. [see St. Louis Rams]
One &...Oh (zero, also as in the letter O "oh")

then ......

2-0 (oh)
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0
7-0

etc.
Old 08-09-2010   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
One &...Oh (zero, also as in the letter O "oh")

then ......

2-0 (oh)
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0
7-0

etc.
Gotcha. That's what I thought but figured that was too easy!

sorry about the rootbeer gtexan
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If we end up losing to Indy, I have a feeling we could be in for a long, sad few following weeks
We talk about what this game could & should mean to our team.

There was no doubt in my mind, what the MNF game last season against the Tacks meant, or the following Indy game, or the following Jax game.

I want nothing less than a complete & total victory against the Colts, 9-12-2010. But if they loose, if we loose, I hope that sparks an 18 game win streak.
Old 08-09-2010   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Gotcha. That's what I thought but figured that was too easy!

sorry about the rootbeer gtexan
I know, you were originally thinking of the "O Face"......it's a common mistake.

Old 08-09-2010   #12
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Bernard puts a great season together and ends up with a nice long contract in Houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read