Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2010   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow AJ taking Kareem Jackson under his wing

Link

Quote:
Rookie cornerback Kareem Jacksons first full week of camp has been an adjustment.

Im just working to get better in a lot of different areas, he said. The heat is kind of wearing on me. Im still adjusting to the heat. Overall, I think I had a pretty good week, but like I said, Im just trying to get better.

Facing Andre Johnson in practice also has been a test.

It helps me out a whole lot, he said. Theres not too many receivers, if there are any receivers like Andre Johnson in the NFL. Going against him, Im learning different things that receivers do and just what to look for and stuff. Itll help me out a whole lot come game time.

Johnson has vowed to help Jackson.

When I see Kareem walking around, I just go and ask him if hes all right, Johnson said. You can kind of tell that he has a lot of information coming at him. A lot of installs and stuff goes on during training camp, all the offense and all of the defense. For me, being a veteran, I pretty much know the offense, so I dont have to think as much when Im out there, but he does.

I just try to talk to him and keep his spirits up. You can tell his mind is wandering a little bit when you see him walking around the locker room, so I always ask him if hes all right or if he has a question or anything. I talk to him about it, and I just let him know I am going to work him every day and I told him he is going to make me better. By us going at each other every day, its going to make us both better. Im going to try to do everything I can do to make sure he is ready and be his coach.
AJ is just a beast in so many ways. I love this guy.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ taking Kareem Jackson under his wing

Thread alternative title: AJ taking Kareem Jackson to school.

Awesome. AJ is one hell of a teammate, class act all around.
Old 08-08-2010   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 62368 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you Bob McNair and the Texans staff including GM Rick Smith for doing the right thing with AJ. We all know he is going to be the 1st Texans Hall of Famer, so I am glad to see they did him right. Through all the emotional crap this team puts me and my blood pressure through sometimes, that situation going wrong would have been bad......

I hope AJ is burning Kareem all damn day so Kareem can try handle lesser WR's when he faces them and maybe hang with the big dogs like Reggie Wayne 2x's a year.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson completely dominated the Saturday practice. I don't think even Revis could have stopped him. Johnson has been great for quite some time. I think he's about to take that next step towards legendary. AJ can be as good as he wants to be. Jerry Rice good. A focused Randy Moss good. I believe Andre senses that this is his time.

Can a WR be the league's MVP? I think we're about to find out.
Old 08-08-2010   #5
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is such a great guy. It's a shame that all the obnoxious WR's in the league take up all the media coverage, because they could and should be showing guys like AJ to the world.
Old 08-08-2010   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't doubt if some of the "walking around" and probably seeming kinda dazed is simply the fact that Jackson KNOWS he is being schooled by the best!! Heck, anyone would feel a little intimidated by AJ! Just seeing him on the field makes my heart rate go up!! Hopefully this young man will realize how damn lucky he is to be picked up by the Texans, and will go out there and take advantage of learning from the best! We'll see come Sept!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Link
Quote:
Rookie cornerback Kareem Jacksons first full week of camp has been an adjustment.

The heat is kind of wearing on me. Im still adjusting to the heat.
AJ is just a beast in so many ways. I love this guy.
Does it, or does it not get hot in Alabama? I would have figured the weather there was very similar to what we've got here.
Old 08-08-2010   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't believe Detroit let us have Andre.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Can't believe Detroit let us have Andre.
I thought it was Miami.
Old 08-08-2010   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I thought it was Miami.
Andre went to the University of Miami, but he's talking about the Detroit Lions selecting Charles Rogers with the 2nd pick back in 2003.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #11
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought it was Miami.
Almost as hard to believe he's a product of the U.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought it was Miami.
Detroit took that WR from Michigan State, Instead of AJ.

Cincinnati needed a QB, they took Carson Palmer.

Detroit needed a WR, and took the hometown kid.

Maybe there is a lesson in there somewhere.
Old 08-08-2010   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Does it, or does it not get hot in Alabama? I would have figured the weather there was very similar to what we've got here.
I did basic training and MP school at Ft. McClellan back in 1985 over the summer and while it did get "hot" it just didn't hold a candle to Houston hot & humid. There were guys burning up out there and I didn't get it. The only other guy in my company who was from Houston and I used to laugh about those guys.

I imagine Kareem is having the same fun adjusting to Houston in August that everyone else has. Alabama heat didn't prepare him for this.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I did basic training and MP school at Ft. McClellan back in 1985 over the summer and while it did get "hot" it just didn't hold a candle to Houston hot & humid. There were guys burning up out there and I didn't get it. The only other guy in my company who was from Houston and I used to laugh about those guys.

I imagine Kareem is having the same fun adjusting to Houston in August that everyone else has. Alabama heat didn't prepare him for this.
If it's my team , I think I would switch locations .
Old 08-08-2010   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I was in Pennsylvania with a friend of mine from California and we were doing some work out in the yard. My friend was dying. He couldn't believe how hot and humid it was.

I was like... WTF? This is kinda nice.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Kareems swagger with AJ instilling his killer work ethic/NFL knowledge he is on a fast tract to compete for rookie DROY along with Suh, Berry, Haden, McClain, Graham & Earl (pretty sweet class)
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Different heat. I played at Arkansas Statee, and it would get 110. It was dry heat, not soul sucking heat.
Old 08-08-2010   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Can a WR be the league's MVP? I think we're about to find out.
They're going to have to make the playoffs, or he's just going to be a great receiver that the rest of the country doesn't know much about.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Andre went to the University of Miami, but he's talking about the Detroit Lions selecting Charles Rogers with the 2nd pick back in 2003.
I don't know if we have a poll from that time period but I would bet the split was about 70% to 30% in favor of Rogers on the MB with most people saying it didn't matter because Rogers would be gone.
Old 08-09-2010   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't know if we have a poll from that time period but I would bet the split was about 70% to 30% in favor of Rogers on the MB with most people saying it didn't matter because Rogers would be gone.
At the time, do you think Andre would have rather gone to Detroit?

Do you think being the 2nd WR taken that day is part of his drive?

Has he ever been asked?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read