Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2010   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Any news on Kareem Jackson?

I can't find anything out about this guy. Is he doing good? Bad? Indifferent? I've seen more written about our 3rd string qb than our supposed starting rookie CB. Is this good? I dunno. I'm thinking that he's struggling a but and the team is keeping it under wraps so he doesn't get a lot of bad press. I really don't see any other way to take the lack of info. Any one have news on this?
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Any news on Kareem Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I can't find anything out about this guy. Is he doing good? Bad? Indifferent? I've seen more written about our 3rd string qb than our supposed starting rookie CB. Is this good? I dunno. I'm thinking that he's struggling a but and the team is keeping it under wraps so he doesn't get a lot of bad press. I really don't see any other way to take the lack of info. Any one have news on this?
What I saw at camp and what some others have reported has generally been that he has looked bad (like a rookie is probably more appropriate) at times and has looked good at other times. He's mostly going against AJ though so its kind of to be expected that he not look like a world beater in practice.

I will note that I saw him get beat by more than just AJ when I was out there though. Of course Pollard was letting him hear about it...

We will be able to tell more when pre-season games start though...It's hard to tell a whole lot from practice
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Read through the training camp thread. There are plenty of opinions in there.
Old 08-06-2010   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting whooped like a Grand Canyon mule in training camp by Andre is NOT a bad thing for Kareem, in fact its a great thing. Its like why baseball players swing a bat with the heavy donut on it before taking an at-bat. When you take that donut off the bat feels like a feather and you're ready to hit anything thrown at you. He'll be ready for any wide out after a whole camp of covering Andre.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

He seems to be good against the run and tackles well meh in coverage thus for it sounds like Dunte to me but it's too early to tell yet.
Old 08-06-2010   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

flashback to last training camp, did anyone expect Glover Quinn to finish his rookie season like he did?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Getting whooped like a Grand Canyon mule in training camp by Andre is NOT a bad thing for Kareem, in fact its a great thing. Its like why baseball players swing a bat with the heavy donut on it before taking an at-bat. When you take that donut off the bat feels like a feather and you're ready to hit anything thrown at you. He'll be ready for any wide out after a whole camp of covering Andre.
Exactly and some guys just play better in games. A CB rookie will be like a spinning top for maybe up to a year. If Kubes trots out someone else across from Quin in game 2 we will know a whole lot more about Jackson. TC and practice does not tell all.
Old 08-06-2010   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If he turns out to be a Dunte clone minus the the trouble then I'd be content.
Old 08-06-2010   #9
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I've heard less than stellar reviews, but I'll wait until I see him in preseason before I make a judgment based off of practice and going one on one with the best WR in the league.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'm gonna be watching him like a hawk tomorrow in practice. I'll try to see what a week of training camp has done for him. When i saw him last saturday it was only his 2nd NFL practice.
Old 08-06-2010   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
If he turns out to be a Dunte clone minus the the trouble then I'd be content.
I second that Gary.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010   #12
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

It has to be tough for a rookie DB to have to line up across from Andre..lol. It will make it that much easier when he lines up against most WRs in the league because Dre is so big , fast and strong. I know we didn't go wrong with Jackson......we haven't drafted a slug from the Crimson Tide yet.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010   #13
Sluggo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Sluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Its like why baseball players swing a bat with the heavy donut on it before taking an at-bat.
Nice. Unique analogy.

Heard Kareem blew up Eric Winston on a screen today. As has been stated, he is going to have his ups and downs like any rookie. However I've heard his tackiling and physicality have been as good as advertised.
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read