Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2010   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Preseason TV coverage

I don't live in the Houston viewing area any longer so I don't get CH13. Is there any other place to watch the preseason games. Are they anywhere on DirectTV?

Thanks

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #2
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preseason TV coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I don't live in the Houston viewing area any longer so I don't get CH13. Is there any other place to watch the preseason games. Are they anywhere on DirectTV?

Thanks
Dont know if you live around these areas but, here's a link for that kinda info
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6248
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Thanks
IIRC, NFL Network shows every single preseason game. You will just have to check when they are re-airing the ones for the Texans and record them.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Neeto, Keeno, thanks guys.

Old 08-05-2010   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we'll have to see what happens this season but...

I normally record the games from the NFLN when they re-air.

During the actual game, I try to find a TVANTs or other way to watch the game on line. The quality is usually pretty bad. I also keep an NFL.com window open to the game to get updates (although they're not always fast and they're not always right). AND, I stay on here and participate in the Game thread. People watching the game post stuff as the game's playing.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, we'll have to see what happens this season but...

I normally record the games from the NFLN when they re-air.

During the actual game, I try to find a TVANTs or other way to watch the game on line. The quality is usually pretty bad. I also keep an NFL.com window open to the game to get updates (although they're not always fast and they're not always right). AND, I stay on here and participate in the Game thread. People watching the game post stuff as the game's playing.
Dude! I didn't know you're in Dallas. Has your "location" always been Dallas?
Old 08-05-2010   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dude! I didn't know you're in Dallas. Has your "location" always been Dallas?
Define "always".

I'm actually in Flower Mound, just north of DFW and south of Denton. I've been here ever since joining the board.

Do I win a prize!?
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2010   #8
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 1345 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Define "always".

I'm actually in Flower Mound, just north of DFW and south of Denton. I've been here ever since joining the board.

Do I win a prize!?
Surprising that you're not a cowboys fan!
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #9
sportfan73
Rookie

Rep Power: 136 sportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respected

only bad part about living in Dallas...
sportfan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #10
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Are Cowboys preseason games on in Houston? They should remove them if since they refuse to air anything regarding the Texans up there.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Surprising that you're not a cowboys fan!
I grew up in Houston. I'm a UH grad. Met my wife at UH. We were both programmers for M.D. Anderson. We've lived in 15 different places (4 different states) over the past 24 years and we've lived in Flower Mound twice.

It killed me when my Oilers moved to Tennessee. And I was ecstatic when I got a team back. I've got pictures of me at a power lifting meet in 2000 with a Texans tee shirt on.

My mother would disown me if I were a Cowboy fan.
Old 08-05-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I grew up in Houston. I'm a UH grad. Met my wife at UH. We were both programmers for M.D. Anderson. We've lived in 15 different places (4 different states) over the past 24 years and we've lived in Flower Mound twice.

It killed me when my Oilers moved to Tennessee. And I was ecstatic when I got a team back. I've got pictures of me at a power lifting meet in 2000 with a Texans tee shirt on.

My mother would disown me if I were a Cowboy fan.
As would I!
Old 08-05-2010   #13
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Pencil Neck, we should get together for Texans games. I live in the Frisco/Mckinney area. I know the other guys up here on the board meet up but it's far away from me. That's if you're up for it.

Another bonus, I'm also a UH alumni.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Hey Pencil Neck, we should get together for Texans games. I live in the Frisco/Mckinney area. I know the other guys up here on the board meet up but it's far away from me. That's if you're up for it.

Another bonus, I'm also a UH alumni.
Yeah, definitely.

I've met up once with some of the other guys: ArlingtonTexan, Ozzo, Hoth-Boy, a few others. I've tried to meet up with them a couple of other times but it didn't quite work out with my schedule.

Ping me when the games start up and we'll try to coordinate something.
Old 08-05-2010   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

drs23, I live in Beaumont and they always show the pre-season games here.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Gamerewind.NFL.com is unveiling a new package this season.

They will be broadcasting EVERY Preseason game Live & In-Demand
on their network. I've subscribed to it for the last two seasons, so
it's well worth it when I haul my laptop everywhere.

Oh, well. The 1st game is still a WEEK away.
Old 08-06-2010   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Thanks much. I had Time Warner last season. I don't know why I couldn't find them. Operator error I'm sure. Will have it this year though!

Thanks for all the replies.

Old 08-06-2010   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

By the way...

ATDHE.net > Tvants

I watch ALL sports with that site, LIVE, and it's AWESOME.

Here's the link.
Old 08-07-2010   #19
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am trying to weigh my options of watching the Texans here in LA.

Is sunday ticket/sports bar my only options?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

This.

But i also have a big antenna in my backyard so i can get channel 13 out of Houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read