Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2010   #1
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sherrick McManis

Did anyone else catch what John Harris was saying on the radio about Sherrick McManis yesterday? He was shutting DA down all day. It sounds like he could turn out to be quite a nice late round pick. I hope they give him some reps against the likes of Johnson and Davis and see how he fairs.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #2
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2062 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sherrick McManis

I liked what I saw from him based on the very little game film I watched from him while he was at Northwestern. He was good in pass coverage and in run support. That said I think he may lack some elite athleticism. I think he can be a valuable backup though.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Did anyone else catch what John Harris was saying on the radio about Sherrick McManis yesterday? He was shutting DA down all day. It sounds like he could turn out to be quite a nice late round pick. I hope they give him some reps against the likes of Johnson and Davis and see how he fairs.
I lke all of our picks this year.
McManis is a good player, but it's very competitive back there in the secondary.
Personally, I would prefer to have him on the PS (we have so many young DBs).
I think it's about time to cut Jacques Reeves but then again, he has the most experience of the bunch.
Also, IMO, Bennett, if he doesn't raise his consistency level, might as well get cut to make room for other young players.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Read about him @ #33. Projected 40 4.51 but did not run at combine due to injury.http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010CB.php
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ck-McManis.php

He was not on my radar as predicted to go later than he did.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117294 Good analysis and review.
Old 08-03-2010   #5
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, you're right. I didn't realize how much competition there is at corner right now. On the Texans website they have eight corners listed presently.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

A concern that I have about McManis is his run support ability.
I've seen him get pushed around by a few WRs (not because he's weak but becaused he was out of position).
He needs to learn to get off those WRs better.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

#5 CB > #5 WR

All that says to me. Good for McMannis for looking good but for obvious reasons, I'll reserve my giddiness.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2010   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
#5 CB > #5 WR

All that says to me. Good for McMannis for looking good but for obvious reasons, I'll reserve my giddiness.
Come on! Allow that giddiness to run! Giddy up.
Old 08-03-2010   #9
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

I'm a big fan of McMannis. He has some talent.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

he will be the Texans starting FS in a couple years
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
he will be the Texans starting FS in a couple years
Nah, I think HOU-TEX will be.
Old 08-03-2010   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Nah, I think HOU-TEX will be.
Nah, we are trading you to the Astros.
Old 08-03-2010   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Nah, we are trading you to the Astros.
Nice. I reckon I'll be ok with that, as long as it's not to a Comets tribute team or something of that nature
Old 08-04-2010   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Nice. I reckon I'll be ok with that, as long as it's not to a Comets tribute team or something of that nature
You must realize they will not pay you more than $10 million though. Not sure if you are willing to "work" for that. Probably have to hire a PR person, a body guard, dietician, cook and I recommend a driver. Wow, after thinking this through, maybe $10 million is not enough. I now recommend you write on the back of your shoes "Pay me, Draytie!" If it comes to you needing an agent for your negotiations, I can recommend Andre Johnson's uncle. He is now taking on new clients.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read