Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-02-2010   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dallas Morning News piece on James Casey

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...D9HBIBTO1.html
And here I thought the Houston rag was the only one that ran stories about the other pro team in Texas.
Old 08-02-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dallas Morning News piece on James Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
And here I thought the Houston rag was the only one that ran stories about the other pro team in Texas.
Very nice read! Thanks for posting!
Old 08-17-2010   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I thought James Casey had a very good game. Not only in running routes, catching the ball, running after catch, but what really impressed me was his blocking, pass blocking, and run blocking. Very aggressive, I thought he played a lot bigger than he is.
Old 08-17-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I thought James Casey had a very good game. Not only in running routes, catching the ball, running after catch, but what really impressed me was his blocking, pass blocking, and run blocking. Very aggressive, I thought he played a lot bigger than he is.
I thought he had a very quiet good game. The only thing that I didn't like about his game was on the Steve Slaton 21 yard reception. Casey was running his route with Steve running underneath. Casey got bumped by the guy that was covering him so I know Casey knew that guy was right behind him. When Steve caught the ball he went to block the guy that was covering Steve who was about 3-5 yards behind Steve instead of turning up field to block the guy that was covering him (Casey). The guy that was covering Casey instead goes unblocked and gets Steve from behind because he had the angle. If Casey blocks that guy instead of Steve's guy, Steve only has the safety to beat (and juding on how he took the angle on Steve, Slaton would've probably scored.) instead of being caught from behind.

However he did lay the wood on the guy he did block and it was still a positive gain.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

James Casey has been on the Dallas station I stream. Smart guy. I don't think he has to worry about making the team. The Cowboys would like to have that guy right about now.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
The DMN is the best sports section in Texas.

Nice piece
Old 08-17-2010   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is Casey playing behind Dressen ? Couldn't be his hands, myabe he can't bloc as well as Dressen ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2010   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Why is Casey playing behind Dressen ? Couldn't be his hands, myabe he can't bloc as well as Dressen ?
I think it's blocking. I thought Dreessen had an outstanding game blocking. He went 1 on 1 with the DE a few times with success.

Casey has the best hands by far, imo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read