Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-01-2010   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Memo to owners and NFLPA:

Just get the CBA done already

Great read from aj...Link

Quote:
Yes this relates to the Houston Texans. It relates to all of us.
Old 08-01-2010   #2
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: Memo to owners and NFLPA:

Well said, AJ well said.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
...And that's all I have to say about that.
Not sure if I should be hearing Stone Cold Steve Austin in my head or Forrest Gump - but either way, agree with the article. Get the chit done, cause if goes into another lockout... wooo. (and I ain't talking the Nature Boy there, either)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

As I am back to work today and to the computer I went to AJ's site & read this. I almost posted without checking and found this thread. I think this should not be that difficult to negotiate as all would agree that rookies need cap. Having said that, the rub comes when players say "what do we get in return from agreeing to this huge cash return to owners' pockets?" Would owners agree to up the players cut? 45% currently, I think. I don't think so as they want to reduce drastically what player now get. Would owners agree to forget the 18 game season they are pushing for? Don't think so. Would the owners take some of the cash back from rookie salaries to improve pension fund or benefits for retirees from years ago? Maybe. This remains a "give me" situation and I am thinking a resolution is no where in sight.
Old 08-02-2010   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't agree the rookies need a salary cap.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i don't agree the rookies need a salary cap.
I think they do need a salary cap on rookies. The money they are getting for having never played a down is insane. Give that money to vetrans that have proven themselves instead would be my opinion.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read