Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB
 
HouSportsWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: spring
Posts: 1,119
Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default mario sits out (hip injury)

bad news

Texans DE Mario Williams sat out Sunday's training camp practices with a swollen hip. Head coach Gary Kubiak said Williams might need 'a couple of days' to recover. Kubiak said Williams has battled a chronic hip problem his entire career!

rest of article

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/...lliams/1072718




(edit)


move if need be
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #2
HouSportsWriter
SIAB
 
HouSportsWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: spring
Posts: 1,119
Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Lets hope it not to severe ,and he gets back soon we need every one healthy.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 17,279
Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

I'm not worried about it.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #4
gtexan02
Working?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston
Age: 30
Posts: 15,573
Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

The main reason to be concerned is that marios hip has been aproblem for multiple years.

At this point, it looks like the coaches just being very conservative.

But if it continues to nag him, Im going to be concerned

Every single year he seems like he's got some nagging injury holding him back from greatnes
__________________
Adios until next season. See you then
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,369
Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

As long as it's muscular and not aseptic necrosis (avascular necrosis).
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #6
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound
 
IBleedTexans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Super st.
Posts: 397
Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As long as it's muscular and not aseptic necrosis (avascular necrosis).
Could you elaborate on ( avascular necrosis ) please?
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,500
Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

ANOTHER long-term problem
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2010   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame
 
MEGA SWATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: H-Town
Posts: 2,605
Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Houston Rockets--injuries

Houston Texans--injuries

Common theme--Houston and injuries
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,587
Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

if its cronic doesent that mean he might need surgry to stop this problem long term ???
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
Could you elaborate on ( avascular necrosis ) please?
Google is your friend.

1. Copy the words "avascular necrosis"

2. Go to google.com

3. Paste the words "avascular necrosis" into google search bar

4. Click "search"

5. Select any search result, and read

Here's what I found out, using the aforementioned system:

Definition:

Avascular necrosis (also osteonecrosis, bone infarction[1], aseptic necrosis, ischemic bone necrosis[2], and AVN) is a disease where there is cellular death (necrosis) of bone components due to interruption of the blood supply.[3] Without blood, the bone tissue dies and the bone collapses.[2] If avascular necrosis involves the bones of a joint, it often leads to destruction of the joint articular surfaces (see Osteochondritis dissecans).

Causes:

There are many theories about what causes avascular necrosis. Proposed risk factors include alcoholism,[4] excessive steroid use,[5] post trauma,[6][7] caisson disease (decompression sickness),[8][9] vascular compression,[10] hypertension, vasculitis, arterial embolism and thrombosis, damage from radiation, bisphosphonates (particularly the mandible),[11] sickle cell anaemia,[12] and Gaucher's Disease.[13] In some cases it is idiopathic (no cause is found).[14] Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus are also common causes of AVN. Prolonged, repeated exposure to high pressures (as experienced by commercial and military divers) has been linked to AVN, though the relationship is not well-understood.

Prognosis:

The amount of disability that results from avascular necrosis depends on what part of the bone is affected, how large an area is involved, and how effectively the bone rebuilds itself. The process of bone rebuilding takes place after an injury as well as during normal growth.[24] Normally, bone continuously breaks down and rebuilds—old bone is reabsorbed and replaced with new bone. The process keeps the skeleton strong and helps it to maintain a balance of minerals.[24] In the course of avascular necrosis, however, the healing process is usually ineffective and the bone tissues break down faster than the body can repair them. If left untreated, the disease progresses, the bone collapses,[2] and the joint surface breaks down,[14] leading to pain and arthritis.[14]

Notable individuals affected:

Avascular necrosis cut short the football and baseball careers of star athlete Bo Jackson.[28]

Other sports stars with this condition are former NFL running back Garrison Hearst, cyclist Floyd Landis, NFL quarterback Brett Favre, professional wrestler "Superstar" Billy Graham, wrestler Joe Heat, Number one draft pick for the Minnesota Lynx: Ben Dvorak, NBA player Jorge Garbajosa, NHL goaltender Ray Emery and gymnast Jade Barbosa.

In addition to the athletes listed, AVN has affected Edward Van Halen, lead guitarist for the rock band Van Halen, Ed Graham, drummer of the bands The Darkness and Stone Gods, and Micky Dolenz, the drummer/singer of the band The Monkees.

Recent research into the cause of death of Tutankhamun suggests that it may have been a factor in the pharaoh's death.

--------------

There's no telling how far Micky Dolenz could have gone had AVN not ravaged his career.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,369
Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Thanks, GP

In football players, avascular necrosis of the hip most commonly occurs through 1)the trauma of dislocation or severe direct compression impact on the joint, 2) systemic anti-inflammatory corticosteroid (e.g., prednisone), oral or intramuscular, 3)anabolic steroid use, and 4)direct therapeutic anti-inflammatory corticosteroid joint injections.............many times a combination of the aforementioned. As was the case of Bo Jackson, he sustained a shoulder dislocation (while playing football, not baseball), was treated with oral and intramuscular corticosteroids for inflammatory aches and pains during his career, partook of anabolic steroids, and received direct corticosteroid injections into the joint. A very serious direct side effect of a cortisone injection into the joint area is the death of the bone at the injection site, especially the ball of the hip and ball of the shoulder, i.e., avascular necrosis. The other next most common sites involve the shoulder and knee. With Mario having both his present hip problem (and we really don’t known how long he has had this problem) and having had shoulder surgery for a chronic shoulder problem, the potential for this diagnosis began bothering me. The problem with such a diagnosis (if indeed that is even what it would be) is that we may never know until very much later, because it is not a diagnosis that in a player like Mario you would want the world to know.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #12
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound
 
IBleedTexans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Super st.
Posts: 397
Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Google is your friend.

1. Copy the words "avascular necrosis"

2. Go to google.com

3. Paste the words "avascular necrosis" into google search bar

4. Click "search"

5. Select any search result, and read

Here's what I found out, using the aforementioned system:

Definition:

Avascular necrosis (also osteonecrosis, bone infarction[1], aseptic necrosis, ischemic bone necrosis[2], and AVN) is a disease where there is cellular death (necrosis) of bone components due to interruption of the blood supply.[3] Without blood, the bone tissue dies and the bone collapses.[2] If avascular necrosis involves the bones of a joint, it often leads to destruction of the joint articular surfaces (see Osteochondritis dissecans).

Causes:

There are many theories about what causes avascular necrosis. Proposed risk factors include alcoholism,[4] excessive steroid use,[5] post trauma,[6][7] caisson disease (decompression sickness),[8][9] vascular compression,[10] hypertension, vasculitis, arterial embolism and thrombosis, damage from radiation, bisphosphonates (particularly the mandible),[11] sickle cell anaemia,[12] and Gaucher's Disease.[13] In some cases it is idiopathic (no cause is found).[14] Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus are also common causes of AVN. Prolonged, repeated exposure to high pressures (as experienced by commercial and military divers) has been linked to AVN, though the relationship is not well-understood.

Prognosis:

The amount of disability that results from avascular necrosis depends on what part of the bone is affected, how large an area is involved, and how effectively the bone rebuilds itself. The process of bone rebuilding takes place after an injury as well as during normal growth.[24] Normally, bone continuously breaks down and rebuilds—old bone is reabsorbed and replaced with new bone. The process keeps the skeleton strong and helps it to maintain a balance of minerals.[24] In the course of avascular necrosis, however, the healing process is usually ineffective and the bone tissues break down faster than the body can repair them. If left untreated, the disease progresses, the bone collapses,[2] and the joint surface breaks down,[14] leading to pain and arthritis.[14]

Notable individuals affected:

Avascular necrosis cut short the football and baseball careers of star athlete Bo Jackson.[28]

Other sports stars with this condition are former NFL running back Garrison Hearst, cyclist Floyd Landis, NFL quarterback Brett Favre, professional wrestler "Superstar" Billy Graham, wrestler Joe Heat, Number one draft pick for the Minnesota Lynx: Ben Dvorak, NBA player Jorge Garbajosa, NHL goaltender Ray Emery and gymnast Jade Barbosa.

In addition to the athletes listed, AVN has affected Edward Van Halen, lead guitarist for the rock band Van Halen, Ed Graham, drummer of the bands The Darkness and Stone Gods, and Micky Dolenz, the drummer/singer of the band The Monkees.

Recent research into the cause of death of Tutankhamun suggests that it may have been a factor in the pharaoh's death.

--------------

There's no telling how far Micky Dolenz could have gone had AVN not ravaged his career.
You didn't have to be a dick with your comment. The question was not for you. If you look at my post, its clearly was for cloak.
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #13
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound
 
IBleedTexans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Super st.
Posts: 397
Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Thanks, GP

In football players, avascular necrosis of the hip most commonly occurs through 1)the trauma of dislocation or severe direct compression impact on the joint, 2) systemic anti-inflammatory corticosteroid (e.g., prednisone), oral or intramuscular, 3)anabolic steroid use, and 4)direct therapeutic anti-inflammatory corticosteroid joint injections.............many times a combination of the aforementioned. As was the case of Bo Jackson, he sustained a shoulder dislocation (while playing football, not baseball), was treated with oral and intramuscular corticosteroids for inflammatory aches and pains during his career, partook of anabolic steroids, and received direct corticosteroid injections into the joint. A very serious direct side effect of a cortisone injection into the joint area is the death of the bone at the injection site, especially the ball of the hip and ball of the shoulder, i.e., avascular necrosis. The other next most common sites involve the shoulder and knee. With Mario having both his present hip problem (and we really don’t known how long he has had this problem) and having had shoulder surgery for a chronic shoulder problem, the potential for this diagnosis began bothering me. The problem with such a diagnosis (if indeed that is even what it would be) is that we may never know until very much later, because it is not a diagnosis that in a player like Mario you would want the world to know.
Thanks for your take on his injury. My computer has a virus so I've been using my phones browser.
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,369
Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

I heard that Mario received an "injection" today for a "hip" pointer." Hopefully, that is all it is. The mechanism of injury, direct blow to the hip region, as well as the signs and symptoms, can be similar and difficult to distinguish from avascular necrosis of the hip, especially if the diagnosis is not entertained.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,437
Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm not worried about it.
I'm very worried about it. Anything "chronic" worries me especially when it still is there and exists. Mario seems to always have some sort of undisclosed injury a lot it seems like that we ended up hearing about after the fact. A hip problem could spell a lot of trouble down the road.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,369
Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

A somewhat strange quote from Kubiak today:

Quote:
(on the status of DE Mario Williams) "It's going to be day to day. He's had the injection this morning. He actually had to stay there for awhile to get that done. You probably won't see him all today because we're working special teams (this afternoon's practice). We will watch it (swelling in his hip) through tomorrow I'm sure, but the bottom line it's too early in this thing. We going to get exactly the way we want it before we proceed forward."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #17
Brisco_County
Texans worthy
 
Brisco_County's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 2,210
Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A somewhat strange quote from Kubiak today:
Due to corticosteroid injections and who knows what else, can this problem occur in multiple regions, like the shoulder and hip?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #18
devo-x
Veteran
 
devo-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Another interesting quote from Kubiak

Quote:
(on DE Mario Williams' status) "This morning he had a procedure. He is back in the facility resting. He will not practice tomorrow and it will probably be a couple of days until we can get the inflammation out of his hip and if we could do that, then we can feel better about putting him back to work. It's more a preventative thing more than anything.

(on if DE Mario Williams' hip injury is a continual injury) "No, I don't think so. He's been through this before. Usually when you come back from the summer to these tough workouts that we ran. Hopefully it's just a stage he's going to and we can get back into control."

Source: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6241
__________________
Adopt-A-Texan 2014: DeAndre Hopkins
Adopt-A-Texan 2012: Arian Foster & Bryan Braman
Adopt-A-Texan 2010: Kareem Jackson and Troy Nolan
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,369
Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Due to corticosteroid injections and who knows what else, can this problem occur in multiple regions, like the shoulder and hip?
Yes. The hip and shoulder knee are the most common sites. You commonly see this process occur in mutiple sites both contemporaneously (>50% of cases) and at separate time frames.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #20
Brisco_County
Texans worthy
 
Brisco_County's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 2,210
Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario sits out (hip injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yes. The hip and shoulder knee are the most common sites. You commonly see this process occur in mutiple sites both contemporaneously (>50% of cases) and at separate time frames.
Wonderful!
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger