Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-01-2010   #1
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Austin Watch Party!

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have regularly posted on here. I would like to propose however that we at least have one game get-together like the old times. I know everyone is spread out all over town, but I think we can at least find one place for one party.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin Watch Party!

RR Pluckers FTW!
Old 08-01-2010   #3
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore texan View Post
rr pluckers ftw!
ding! Ding! Ding!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #4
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Pluckers is terrible.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Pluckers is terrible.
? food or for a watch party?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #6
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I would make an appearance especially to hook up with the old crew.
However as you stated about being spread out , we already have that North bias going, they were first to jump on it.
Ok, Pluckers but why not the one on 183 and Burnet, or the one on S Lamar?
The GM of the one on 183 is a TEXANS fan and will always have the game on.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #7
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I moved to the North side now near Braker, so I guess RR wouldn't be that far....but....I hate rollin into WilCo or out of it if I'd had even one beer.

I'm hoping we can do something in Travis, but I'd love to meet up, so whatever. Will keep an eye out for where and when for sure. Haven't seen yall in a season or so I think.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2010   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be up for some of the away games, and can do South or North.
Old 08-02-2010   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Pluckers is terrible.
Really? What specifically? I am a regular there and always have a great experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I would make an appearance especially to hook up with the old crew.
However as you stated about being spread out , we already have that North bias going, they were first to jump on it.
Ok, Pluckers but why not the one on 183 and Burnet, or the one on S Lamar?
The GM of the one on 183 is a TEXANS fan and will always have the game on.
Well of course the people up north want to meet up north and same goes for the people down south, it's not just us. I went down to 3rd Base back in the day. So I am not opposed to making a drive. The Pluckers is RR is bigger though than the 183 location.
Old 08-02-2010   #10
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I am also not a big fan of Wilco, its just too risky sometimes.
So for now I will continue to monitor this thread and see what y'all come up with.
Maybe I juts won't have a drink that would solve that! NOT!
Old 08-02-2010   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm easy. I live on the north side but I can swing whatever the masses prefer. I haven't been yet and am looking forward to it.
Old 08-02-2010   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm easy. I live on the north side but I can swing whatever the masses prefer. I haven't been yet and am looking forward to it.
I got to meet you in person my brother, we have missed each other a couple times.
Old 08-02-2010   #13
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 14981 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

the dreaded wilco......oh wait i live in wilco
Old 08-02-2010   #14
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

We do need to come up with a central local...I live in Bee Cave and, well, that is a far piece away
anyone know anything about cover3?
been there for lunch, don't know about setting it up for Texans Fans! and yes I know that is still up north!
How about Mulligans on 620?
Old 08-02-2010   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
We do need to come up with a central local...I live in Bee Cave and, well, that is a far piece away
been there for lunch, don't know about setting it up for Texans Fans! and yes I know that is still up north!
Ohhh, Cover3 is a good idea! and it's on Anderson lane and Burnet rd. So, that's centalized for everyone. I'd be up for a get-together versus Washington in week 2.... going to the game versus Indy.
Old 08-03-2010   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Ohhh, Cover3 is a good idea! and it's on Anderson lane and Burnet rd. So, that's centalized for everyone. I'd be up for a get-together versus Washington in week 2.... going to the game versus Indy.

I advise against Cover 3. They're "upscale" and expensive and don't even know if they want to be a sport bar.

Centrally located bars I'm familiar with:

The Pluckers near campus is already a Texans hangout. The problem is indoor space and parking. I'm going to give them a try.

My good friend is the manager of the Varsity Bar located inside Austin's Pizza on the drag, and he would love to have a Texans watch party there. It's very spacious, but again, parking is the problem. They're also waiting on new TV's.

Posse East next to campus now has Texans neons up and the owner told me he'd like to have a watch party, but Cowboys fans go there too, and they would have dibs on the big TV if the two teams played at the same time. This option would be ideal otherwise.

Cain & Abel's is hostile to watch parties that aren't UT.

Little Woodrow's central doesn't have great seating like the north location. You'd end up sitting outside during the winter.

Champions is awesome and the drinks are reasonable for a downtown joint, but it's full of fans for every team. The place wouldn't be our own. Still a great sportsbar.

I haven't tried Joe's on NFL Sunday. Might be worth checking out. It's near Molotov's.

There's also the Tavern, Third Base, Little Woodrow's on the drag, Joe's near Molotov's...

I live up north, but the only way this is going to work is to make it central. The last time I tried organizing this at a north location, south folk didn't bother, while northies went to Round Rock.

My highest recommendation is Posse East though.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #17
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I advise against Cover 3. They're "upscale" and expensive and don't even know if they want to be a sport bar.

Centrally located bars I'm familiar with:

The Pluckers near campus is already a Texans hangout. The problem is indoor space and parking. I'm going to give them a try.

My good friend is the manager of the Varsity Bar located inside Austin's Pizza on the drag, and he would love to have a Texans watch party there. It's very spacious, but again, parking is the problem. They're also waiting on new TV's.

Posse East next to campus now has Texans neons up and the owner told me he'd like to have a watch party, but Cowboys fans go there too, and they would have dibs on the big TV if the two teams played at the same time. This option would be ideal otherwise.

Cain & Abel's is hostile to watch parties that aren't UT.

Little Woodrow's central doesn't have great seating like the north location. You'd end up sitting outside during the winter.

Champions is awesome and the drinks are reasonable for a downtown joint, but it's full of fans for every team. The place wouldn't be our own. Still a great sportsbar.

I haven't tried Joe's on NFL Sunday. Might be worth checking out. It's near Molotov's.

There's also the Tavern, Third Base, Little Woodrow's on the drag, Joe's near Molotov's...

I live up north, but the only way this is going to work is to make it central. The last time I tried organizing this at a north location, south folk didn't bother, while northies went to Round Rock.

My highest recommendation is Posse East though.
Cover 3 is way too upscale for a football type gathering. Just take a look at the menu and the prices and you will see what I mean.
I am glad you have given lots of suggestions but it seems like most lof them are Campus locations and are frat bar hangouts.
And so the saga continues...........
Old 08-03-2010   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Cover 3 is way too upscale for a football type gathering. Just take a look at the menu and the prices and you will see what I mean.
I am glad you have given lots of suggestions but it seems like most lof them are Campus locations and are frat bar hangouts.
And so the saga continues...........
Trying to keep it central. Posse isn't a frat hangout though-- more like students and UT alumni.

Anything around my area (Anderson Ln) isn't going to be considered central by people who live south.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #19
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
RR Pluckers FTW!
Old 08-03-2010   #20
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Really? What specifically? I am a regular there and always have a great experience.
In fairness I've only been to the S. Lamar location, but every time I've been the food is very meh and the atmosphere very lacking. If I were at that location I'd rather go across the street to Red's Porch.

Third Base downtown is always solid. Or Cover 3...or the Posse East...
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read