Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-01-2010   #1
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ultimate compliment...

...ok, so it's sort of about a coach/player.

I'm on vacation in the DC/Baltimore area and just got through taking the family to see some DC landmarks, and we finish up at the Whitehouse then head to catch the Metro back to Baltimore. By the Metro in Chinatown, my sons see McDonalds so we go in and eat. If you know the one I'm talking about, you know the crowd there, and why there's a cop at the door on a Friday night. I'm wearing a Texans Polo type "dryfit" shirt and as we are walking out the door, the cop stops me and asks me if I'm a former player or a coach for the Texans! My wifes head just drops and then she looks up at me with a big smile and rolls her eyes as I'm thinking to myself ' how "former" can I go with this, becuase I did play when I was younger...just not with the Texans...so, with chest sticking out more than his with the bullet proof vest, I said nope I'm a fan, shook his hand and thanked him for serving and protecting and we went on our way.

...oh and several people have stopped me Raven/Redskin fans to talk football and the Texans...at the end they all tell me to make sure we kill the Cowboys.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ultimate compliment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post

I'm on vacation in the DC/Baltimore area and just got through taking the family to see some DC landmarks, and we finish up at the Whitehouse then head to catch the Metro back to Baltimore. By the Metro in Chinatown, my sons see McDonalds so we go in and eat. If you know the one I'm talking about, you know the crowd there, and why there's a cop at the door on a Friday night. I'm wearing a Texans Polo type "dryfit" shirt and as we are walking out the door, the cop stops me and asks me if I'm a former player or a coach for the Texans! My wifes head just drops and then she looks up at me with a big smile and rolls her eyes as I'm thinking to myself ' how "former" can I go with this, becuase I did play when I was younger...just not with the Texans...so, with chest sticking out more than his with the bullet proof vest, I said nope I'm a fan, shook his hand and thanked him for serving and protecting and we went on our way.

...oh and several people have stopped me Raven/Redskin fans to talk football and the Texans...at the end they all tell me to make sure we kill the Cowboys.
Sweet! Props for representing way up in Yankee land!
Old 08-01-2010   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Next time you get that comment, you might tell them "That's NOT going to happen. It's not the Texans way. The Texans are too sophisticated and civilized to do that."

We'll just TEAR THEM APART.........limb from limb.........again, of course, in a "sophisticated and civilized manner."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #4
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Thanks I'll be in the gear as in the heart of Yankee land end of next week.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Every time I go out of state I sport my Texans, and Astros gear. Back in 95 I went to San Antonio, I was wearing my Olajuwon jersey at the mall, and I got a lot of dirty looks from the Spurs fans. I was loving it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Every time I go out of state I sport my Texans, and Astros gear. Back in 95 I went to San Antonio, I was wearing my Olajuwon jersey at the mall, and I got a lot of dirty looks from the Spurs fans. I was loving it.
Old 08-01-2010   #7
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post

Thanks for reminding me of how Robinson got owned by Olajuwon in 95.
Old 08-01-2010   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post

You're welcome.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #9
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's excellent!! I sport my gear here in Jersey and just get sneered at.
I hope they are that nice when I'm at the 'Skins game and they get whooped by us.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #10
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Here's a nice clip of Robinson accepting his MVP trophy. Don't watch the last 2:30 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!

Last edited by Texanmike02; 08-02-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #11
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Here's a nice clip of Robinson accepting his MVP trophy. Don't watch the last 2:30 or so.

Mike
Don't see the clip...
Old 08-02-2010   #12
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't see the clip...
Fixed it for ya. Sorry.

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read