Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2005   #1
texansfan88
All Pro

Default Will the Texans receive a night game this year?

I'm thinking the only projected ones would be:

Jacksonville
Seattle
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Baltimore
Cincinnati

out of the 3 possible home ones, I'm not sure any of them will match with Indy/those 3, or JAX/those 3

Anyone think we'll get one?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #2
tiger06
Veteran

I really hope we get a Monday night game soon. We were fortunate to get a Sunday night game last year. We should definitely get at least one night game this year.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #3
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
I really hope we get a Monday night game soon. We were fortunate to get a Sunday night game last year. We should definitely get at least one night game this year.
Just for the record, the only team last year that did not receive a nationally televised game was the Arizona Cardinals, so the odds are pretty good
Old 03-15-2005   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think we've got a chance of getting a night game against Pittsburgh. Two young gun QBs, 3-4 defenses battling it out. Plus alot of the Sunday night games from last year would appear to be lopsided looking ahead (ie. Playoff team vs sub par team). That might fit the mold, but I think it will be a good game when we play them.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #5
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I think we've got a chance of getting a night game against Pittsburgh. Two young gun QBs, 3-4 defenses battling it out. Plus alot of the Sunday night games from last year would appear to be lopsided looking ahead (ie. Playoff team vs sub par team). That might fit the mold, but I think it will be a good game when we play them.
yeah but remember, the Colts-PIT game will be a primetime game, and also the JAX/PIT game is likely tobe one
Old 03-15-2005   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346

i actually think that would be a good night game, an interesting match-up !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #7
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Arizona's allegedly offered to give up one of their home dates to play in Mexico City this season. The 49ers are their most likely opponent for that, according to the report I heard. That'll probably be a night game, right?

As for the Tejanos, uh, PLEASE let it be in JAX. I'll make that road trip, guaranteed! Hope they'll have enough beer on hand...if I bring a friend I'll double their attendance!
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2005   #8
AndreJ
All Pro

I'm hoping that we don't, i can remember last year when GB came back and beat us, i was so miserable that day from waiting an extra...7 hours or so for the game to come on... i just lingered around the house all day long... bored out of my mind. I hate "bye" week and night games, but i guess i just have no patience.
Old 03-15-2005   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
I'm hoping that we don't, i can remember last year when GB came back and beat us, i was so miserable that day from waiting an extra...7 hours or so for the game to come on... i just lingered around the house all day long... bored out of my mind. I hate "bye" week and night games, but i guess i just have no patience.

haha i was the same way when we played GB. But was actually happier when the game came on, it seemed more relaxing to me, and was a little more fun to watch for some reason !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #10
Dunta_23
All Pro

Would like to see a night game against the Jags on the road.....they also have a really nice stadium....
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #11
LBblitz
Veteran

I was at the sunday night game against GB and, even though we came up short, I thind we got so national recognition. The stadium was alive...I have my fingers crossed for another night game, it was great.
LBblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #12
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
That's why you get out to the stadium earlier and tailgate.
Old 03-16-2005   #13
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I hope they have one, if they don't I probably never get to see them play.
Old 03-16-2005   #14
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't think we will get a Monday night game yet, but will get a Sunday night game...possibly with the SeaHawks. :woot
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #15
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
Yup, we started tailgating in line....at 9am for the GB game. But we always start in line EARLY. FILO!!!! :woot
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #16
texansfan88
All Pro

FYI the Sunday October 2nd ESPN game is taken by 2 really bad teams, San Francisco vs. Arizona in Mexico...16 more chances...
Old 03-16-2005   #17
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
I've been to one previous tailgate with family and i had a lot of fun. I just got my license recently and and a car so i will really be looking to do some tailgating next season, I just need to find out the rules/regulationg etc... for parking and all that, but yeah i cant wait.
Old 03-16-2005   #18
outofhnd
All Pro

Ok WE WILL get a Sunday night game because in 2004 after a year of miserable choices of games they thought in the offseason were going to be good turned out terrible. So last year they went back to the original Sunday Night formula. Take night games that would give each of the teams 1 sunday night appearance. It was a whole lot better except for the nonstop boredom of the Chicago vs. San Fran game. So again we will have a sunday night game probably against a non divisional foe. They tend to choose those games over division rivalries. So get ready for some Sunday Night Football.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #19
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

acctually I'm all for the Texans and Jags on SNF or MNF last year I didn't enjoy MNF as much as SNF, I just liked sunday night games more last year. I also read somewhere that last season, Monday night football had it's lowest ratings in it's 35 year history
Old 03-17-2005   #20
outofhnd
All Pro

Its because Monday Night football cant bring you marquee matchups as good as in the past.
Why? You can thank Free Agency and salary cap issues.

The fact that team can now have remarkable record turnarounds in just a matter of a year now makes it even harder for last years top teams to be the top teams again this coming season.

Where as in the past you knew which teams were good and which were not. in 93 you knew who the good teams were so you picked the top game of that week. Now the records change so much from 1 year to the next It is getting hard to bring you the top teams.

They will bring you Cowboys vs Redskins, Colts & Pats, Packers vs Vikings, Oak. vs. KC, Oak Vs. Denver, and Phi vs Falcons for sure
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read