Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010   #1
Ckw

Default Looking for 2 or 4 tickets to the Cowboys game Sept 26

Guys, I am a chump. I didn't realize I had to register for a ticket lottery to get tickets to this game and lost my chance. I figured I could get some this morning when single game tickets went on sale, but now all I am getting are these Ticket Resale offers.

I am a hardcore Texan fan, have been a member here for a while, and badly want to go to this game. If anyone has tickets or knows of anyone with tickets that haven't been sold and that they will sell to me for a reasonable offer (I know face value won't get it done), I would really appreciate it.

Please someone PM me or reply to this thread. Thanks guys!
Old 07-30-2010   #2
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking for 2 or 4 tickets to the Cowboys game Sept 26

I just checked out Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange. UnBELIEVABLE!!! In my endzone section, tickets sold as pairs are $191 each for preseason, and $359 each for regular. Never thought I would need a safe deposit box to store my tickets.

Good Luck!
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I just checked out Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange. UnBELIEVABLE!!! In my endzone section, tickets sold as pairs are $191 each for preseason, and $359 each for regular. Never thought I would need a safe deposit box to store my tickets.

Good Luck!
Scalpers Suck!
Old 07-30-2010   #4
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Scalpers Suck!
Exactly. My whole point in posting this on here is in the hopes that someone that is a hardcore Texans fan will want to sell them to someone who is also a hardcore Texans fan and that will only bring hardcore Texans fans to the game with him.

I just want to go enjoy the game. But hey, I guess I can't blame others for wanting to make some money.

By the way, what happened to scalping being illegal? Scalping has ruined the ticket buying experience. I mean you get guys buying huge blocks of tickets, especially to concerts, before anyone can get them and then just making loads of money off of the tickets. It sucks and is a load of horse shit in my opinion. It should be completely illegal.
Old 07-31-2010   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it winds down to supply and demand. I am not opposed to elevated prices to those who bought early and basically tied up their funds for months before the event getting a profit. I noticed there are games that some of the 600 seats are below face value, just that the Cowboys. Colts, and Tennessee aren't in that mix.
Old 07-31-2010   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Exactly. My whole point in posting this on here is in the hopes that someone that is a hardcore Texans fan will want to sell them to someone who is also a hardcore Texans fan and that will only bring hardcore Texans fans to the game with him.

I just want to go enjoy the game. But hey, I guess I can't blame others for wanting to make some money.

By the way, what happened to scalping being illegal? Scalping has ruined the ticket buying experience. I mean you get guys buying huge blocks of tickets, especially to concerts, before anyone can get them and then just making loads of money off of the tickets. It sucks and is a load of horse shit in my opinion. It should be completely illegal.
It's even more disgusting when you're sitting smack dab in the middle of the Bullpen surrounded by opposing teams a-h fans who paid those enormous prices for seats that are owned by ticket agencies! I also thought it was illegal, but, I guess that only applies to trying to scalp tickets on Reliant territory. I don't know, but, it really ticks me off when I know there are hardcore fans like you out there who would LOVE to see their team play a huge rival like the Cowboys! Just not fair!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will sell my front row ticket for 5 million dollars
Old 07-31-2010   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys can bag on people that are selling on this site all you want but fact is it's cheaper here then anywhere else. I'd rather sell for less to put a Texans fan in my seats but at the same time I need to make money for games that I can not drive 6 hours round trip to attend.

Who's going to come offer me face value if the season goes in the toilet. People sure didn't have a problem taking my tickets off my hands last season after we lost a few games for $75-$100 when face value last season was just under $150 for two tix and yellow parking. The answer is no one, I'll be taking a loss just like every year.

But I didn't buy these tickets to make money, I bought them because I love my team and want to go games and so I wouldn't have to pay through the nose (like I was doing) to attend the games I wanted and sell off the rest to Texans fans if at all possible.
Old 07-31-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
You guys can bag on people that are selling on this site all you want but fact is it's cheaper here then anywhere else. I'd rather sell for less to put a Texans fan in my seats but at the same time I need to make money for games that I can not drive 6 hours round trip to attend.

Who's going to come offer me face value if the season goes in the toilet. People sure didn't have a problem taking my tickets off my hands last season after we lost a few games for $75-$100 when face value last season was just under $150 for two tix and yellow parking. The answer is no one, I'll be taking a loss just like every year.

But I didn't buy these tickets to make money, I bought them because I love my team and want to go games and so I wouldn't have to pay through the nose (like I was doing) to attend the games I wanted and sell off the rest to Texans fans if at all possible.

Nobody is bagging on you HT. Totally understand where you are coming from. You did not go out and buy a big block of tickets just to sell them to make money tho.
Old 07-31-2010   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

JB, look around the other threads in this forum.

My statement wasn't directed at any one person, just generally speaking. I too am opposed to companies buying up large blocks of tickets.
Old 07-31-2010   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nobody is bagging on you HT. Totally understand where you are coming from. You did not go out and buy a big block of tickets just to sell them to make money tho.

That's what I'm talking about too!! I've sold a couple of my seats for above face a couple of times, and you know what? I still feel guilty! Usually, I just sell for face value, or just give them away. I would just like to be surrounded by TEXAN fans, not obnoxious a-h fans like the Colts fan I encountered last year. I left MY seat to keep from getting into a MAJOR confortation with this jerk. Everytime PM would step behind center this jerk would spread out over about three seats, heist his leg like PM does, you know, like a dog that's taking a peepee, and scream MANNING, MANNING, MANNING!! He kicked my daughter several times doing this crap!! I was livid!! Lets put it this way! I wanted that jerk to eat concrete on his way up the stairs! Man, I was tempted! It gets harder every year remaining the ultimate professional FAN and simply WALK AWAY!!

Sorry, didn't intend to go on a rant! It just makes me sad when I know there are so many great TEXAN fans out there who can't get seats to a game of their choice, even if they are willing to pay more, simply because so many blocks of seats are owned by ticket agencies. The NFL needs to take better control. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
That's what I'm talking about too!! I've sold a couple of my seats for above face a couple of times, and you know what? I still feel guilty! Usually, I just sell for face value, or just give them away. I would just like to be surrounded by TEXAN fans, not obnoxious a-h fans like the Colts fan I encountered last year. I left MY seat to keep from getting into a MAJOR confortation with this jerk. Everytime PM would step behind center this jerk would spread out over about three seats, heist his leg like PM does, you know, like a dog that's taking a peepee, and scream MANNING, MANNING, MANNING!! He kicked my daughter several times doing this crap!! I was livid!! Lets put it this way! I wanted that jerk to eat concrete on his way up the stairs! Man, I was tempted! It gets harder every year remaining the ultimate professional FAN and simply WALK AWAY!!

Sorry, didn't intend to go on a rant! It just makes me sad when I know there are so many great TEXAN fans out there who can't get seats to a game of their choice, even if they are willing to pay more, simply because so many blocks of seats are owned by ticket agencies. The NFL needs to take better control. JMO!
I understand how you feel. I would prefer to do that too, but I can't afford it, I would have to sell my PSL's instead, we just don't have as much money as we did.
Old 07-31-2010   #13
Ckw

Quote:

Quote:
This ^^

Quote:
I understand how you feel. I would prefer to do that too, but I can't afford it, I would have to sell my PSL's instead, we just don't have as much money as we did.
I certainly wasn't directing any of this at you. It just pisses me off that when I tried to go online yesterday when single game tickets went on sale, there were NONE for the Cowboys already as of 10am when they went on sale.

I am just taking a stab at this but something tells me a large percentage of those were bought up by ticket agencies and individual assholes that simply see ticket buying as a way to make money.

I'd have no problem if the law worked both ways. You can't sell tickets for above face value, nor can you sell them for below face value. I know it sucks when you are a season ticket holder, but the thing is that was your decision because of your love for the team. It shouldn't be taken out on the fan that simply can't afford season tickets at this current state.

I'd honestly be willing to make a deal with anyone on this message board that I would agree to buy their tickets at face value for any game I decided I wanted to go to and had the money at the time regardless of how great or how shitty the team is.
Old 07-31-2010   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

It's all good, I was just venting earlier.
Old 07-31-2010   #15
Ckw

Quote:
It's all good, I was just venting earlier.
And I can't blame you. You did open my eyes to something and actually make me feel a little bad about paying less than face value to a game in your seats. I understand your point of wanting to recoup some money you have lost.

Anyway, back to my OP, if anyone ends up with some tickets they will sell for a reasonable amount (I simply can't afford 3x face value and even 2x face value is a stretch), this hardcore Texans fan would really appreciate it. You can be guaranteed that I will scream and holler and cheer for the team as much as anyone in that stadium.
Old 08-01-2010   #16
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post

Don't hate on the scalpers because they were paying attention and got tickets. You should buy seasons tickets and then you wouldn't have to worry about these kind of things . Most fans that have had taken tickets from day one have taken a big loss with this team so with the tough schedule we have this year and the Cowboys coming here twice....I don't blame them for getting all they can for a change. Got extra tickets...put them on Stubhub or Ebay and get paid for a change..lol. I wouldn't care who buys my extra Cowboys tickets as long as they have some dough. I don't think anyone is giving any Cowboys tickets up for sympathy. Scalping is legal as long as you don't do it on Reliant stadium grounds.

Last edited by ubecool454; 08-01-2010 at 10:19 AM.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #17
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

She Texan come one now! You do realize this is just a game and we are there to have fun first. I don't think I've ever got into it at a game or on these boards with opposing fans....now I have butted heads with some Texans fans lol. I just don't see why it bothers some people that opposing teams fans are sitting near them. I have paid for road games tickets and you just know it has to be opposing fans that sell them to me. Relax and have fun and ignore jerk fans or call a usher. Anyone that claims to be a diehard Texans fan that don't own seasons tickets can still get tickets if they want them bad enough...they just have to be willing to pay the price for the Cowboys, titans, Ravens and Colts.

Last edited by ubecool454; 08-01-2010 at 12:19 PM.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #18
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

there are probably more cowboy fans in houston than texan fans so the supply and demand theory is off the charts. didnt the stros raise prices when the yankees and red sox came to town? if you didn't have season tix than you are gonna need some luck to find anything near face. just the way it is. my seats in 651 are only $350 a year which aint bad. it is funny watching my $35 seats go for $135+ second hand. good luck. wont see a game for this kind of $ till we make the playoffs or the cowboys come back to town in 8 yrs.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #19
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
there are probably more cowboy fans in houston than texan fans so the supply and demand theory is off the charts. didnt the stros raise prices when the yankees and red sox came to town? if you didn't have season tix than you are gonna need some luck to find anything near face. just the way it is. my seats in 651 are only $350 a year which aint bad. it is funny watching my $35 seats go for $135+ second hand. good luck. wont see a game for this kind of $ till we make the playoffs or the cowboys come back to town in 8 yrs.
Wow, I didn't know there were any season tickets for $350. It was worth it to pick up one of the season tickets because to just go to the Cowboys preseason and regular season alone would have been more than 100 percent return on the dollar at the going selling rate. Sell the other eight at $10 above face value and break even.
Old 08-01-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Wow, I didn't know there were any season tickets for $350. It was worth it to pick up one of the season tickets because to just go to the Cowboys preseason and regular season alone would have been more than 100 percent return on the dollar at the going selling rate. Sell the other eight at $10 above face value and break even.
Are you selling the other eight?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read