Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2010   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some Notes from tonight -

Went to Football 101 tonight and there were some interesting notes -

I asked Special Teams Coach Joe Marciano two questions -

1) Is Steve Slaton ready and how is the FG kicking competition going?

He had lots of good things to say about SS - he has matured a lot, worked hard on his game this off season, looking for great things from him this year.

He said the best thing for our kicking game was the signing of Neil Rackers. He said NR & KB were like oil and vinegar when they first got together, neither speaking. They are cool now, said KB had about an 97% FGP and NR was right behind at 96.5%

Asked David Anderson & Joel Dreessen why Schaub didn't call more audibles. They both said he calls a lot more than it seems. They both acknowledged how frustrating it may seem for fans (why are they running again, why don't they pass, etc), but that they try to lure the defense into thinking it's a repetitive pattern, then surprise them (don't think they noticed my eye rolling at that point)

These two were hilarious together!

The team nutritionist was there and said she took all the rooks to the grocery store, supplement aisle. Showed them what NOT to take. Someone asked a question about Cush, she said she was 100% behind him. That only Cush, the league and ONE PERSON from the team knows what he actually tested positive for.

Didn't have a lot of time for Zach Diles and Tim Bulman, they just signed mainly (it was getting late, training camp tomorrow)

All were super nice, had a great time.

Pictures are here

PS - Drkay2b - Great seeing you again
Old 07-29-2010   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some Notes from tonight -

Cool info! Thanks for filling us in! Great pics too!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I also asked David & Joel who was in charge of decoding Steve Slaton's tweets. They both laughed and said, "YOU ARE now!!!" Fun guys
Old 07-29-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Kimmy, that is so cool! Thanks for posting.

Anyone else notice how closely our TE's resemble each other? I swear that OD, Dreesen, Casey and Graham could all be cousins.

Either that, or all white guys look the same to me....
Old 07-29-2010   #5
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Kimmy, that is so cool! Thanks for posting.

Anyone else notice how closely our TE's resemble each other? I swear that OD, Dreesen, Casey and Graham could all be cousins.

Either that, or all white guys look the same to me....
They are all HOT! LOL ... that, or I could just be a woman
Old 07-29-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
Thankfully I don't share that particular affliction with you...

Old 07-29-2010   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're all ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for pumping us all up!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2010   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hehe, good stuff

Thanks for sharing, super exciting to get a taste of what the players say when they're not directly in front a reporter or a camera!
Old 07-30-2010   #9
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

That was awesome-thanks!!

It sucks living here in NJ-all I get is Eagles news...the big thing I'm looking forward to this year is reading how the Texans crushed the Eagles on Dec. 2!!

I'm ready for some TEXANS FOOTBALL!!!!!
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #10
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The team nutritionist was there ...
That reminds me - my wife recently bought and started watching one of the courses from The Teaching Company about nutrition. It turns out that the course is given by the nutritionist for the Texans. I think she works for Baylor CoM or something.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Went to Football 101 tonight and there were some interesting notes -

I asked Special Teams Coach Joe Marciano two questions -

1) Is Steve Slaton ready and how is the FG kicking competition going?

He had lots of good things to say about SS - he has matured a lot, worked hard on his game this off season, looking for great things from him this year.

He said the best thing for our kicking game was the signing of Neil Rackers. He said NR & KB were like oil and vinegar when they first got together, neither speaking. They are cool now, said KB had about an 97% FGP and NR was right behind at 96.5%

Asked David Anderson & Joel Dreessen why Schaub didn't call more audibles. They both said he calls a lot more than it seems. They both acknowledged how frustrating it may seem for fans (why are they running again, why don't they pass, etc), but that they try to lure the defense into thinking it's a repetitive pattern, then surprise them (don't think they noticed my eye rolling at that point)

These two were hilarious together!

The team nutritionist was there and said she took all the rooks to the grocery store, supplement aisle. Showed them what NOT to take. Someone asked a question about Cush, she said she was 100% behind him. That only Cush, the league and ONE PERSON from the team knows what he actually tested positive for.

Didn't have a lot of time for Zach Diles and Tim Bulman, they just signed mainly (it was getting late, training camp tomorrow)

All were super nice, had a great time.

Pictures are here

PS - Drkay2b - Great seeing you again
Thanks for posting Kimmy, repped!

I hope to get to meet you this season as I understand you tailgate with TLT which is my home tailgate when I come to town. I try to make it around to visit other friends in other lots as well but my usual spot is w/ the TLT gang!
Old 07-30-2010   #12
Sluggo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Sluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respected

What a great guy David Anderson is. I will really miss him on that inevitable day when he is no longer a Texan (which I hope is a long time from now). We all need to appreciate him while he is here. Not bad for a 7th round pick.
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read