Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2010   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL.COM: 'Texans to fill holes at running back, linebacker in camp'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2

More of the same old same old, but hey it's 'something'
Old 07-29-2010   #2
Bull
Hardhitter

Section: 350
Default Re: NFL.COM: 'Texans to fill holes at running back, linebacker in camp'

Don't expect much out of people who want to be right with their predictions! They will cover all the bases! Just so they can tell you they knew all along how the season will end!
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Only one kicker in Texans franchise history, and there was never a competition for the job during that whole span of time. Until now. Someone (Rick Smith and/or Kubiak, likely) is going to have to sit Bob down, hold his hand gently, and calmly inform him that he's losing a poster boy at final cuts.

The article says Dunta was our best cover corner. In a way, he might be the face of that secondary...but I don't think he was the best cover corner. He handled the shallow stuff well, but anything deep meant he was a liability IMO.

I agree that Foster is the starter, but Tate probably challenges that spot fairly quickly. Glad to see the author realizes the Slaton fumble problem and that he's destined for 3rd Down existence if he doesn't recover (pun intended) from it.

All in all, a good football article on our team. Thanks for sharing.

Rep coming your way from me. Beer? Not coming your way from me.
Old 07-29-2010   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Rep coming your way from me. Beer? Not coming your way from me.
I'm expecting the dirty old man to feed me all the beer I can eat whenever I get my ass over there the next time
Old 07-29-2010   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely interested to see what happens during Cushing's suspension.

Adibi, his first glances showed a very fast, agile LB but he seemed a bit slow in digesting the game and ultimately was beaten by Diles who is smarter but less physically capable than Adibi. Hopefully he's been learning and is able to play off of instinct more to allow his physical gifts to be more of a factor. If nothing else he's good special teams.

Sharpton, definitely lookin' for reports from camp about him. Eric Winston seemed to think highly of him and I don't think Edub is much for blowin' smoke.

Clark seems like a "uh-oh spaghetti-o's" kind of signing. Like if he's playing something is probably wrong.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

Adibi, his first glances showed a very fast, agile LB but he seemed a bit slow in digesting the game and ultimately was beaten by Diles who is smarter but less physically capable than Adibi. Hopefully he's been learning and is able to play off of instinct more to allow his physical gifts to be more of a factor. If nothing else he's good special teams.

Sharpton, definitely lookin' for reports from camp about him. Eric Winston seemed to think highly of him and I don't think Edub is much for blowin' smoke.

Clark seems like a "uh-oh spaghetti-o's" kind of signing. Like if he's playing something is probably wrong.
I'm not quite sure where you get this vibe!?!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me if Clark starts the season at SLB until Cushing comes back.

I share your disappointment about Adibi's play, thought I have to give a lot of Credit to Diles stepping up, ripping the start spot away, and making it hard for the staff to replace him. He's been solid.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2010   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'm not quite sure where you get this vibe!?!
Of course I am speaking about their play on the football field. Football IQ. And I get that vibe from watching Adibi be everything you could ask for athletically in a WLB but struggle to keep pace with the game and eventually have his spot taken from him by a much slower, less agile Diles who consistently made himself look pretty damn good. That's where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Clark starts the season at SLB until Cushing comes back.

I share your disappointment about Adibi's play, thought I have to give a lot of Credit to Diles stepping up, ripping the start spot away, and making it hard for the staff to replace him. He's been solid.
Absolutely. Diles found a niche and plays it well.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Diles will always be the forgotten guy (not to us, we love the guy, but around the nfl i'd say) on this LB core but my goodness the dude plays his ass off week in and week out.
ThaShark316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course I am speaking about their play on the football field. Football IQ. And I get that vibe from watching Adibi be everything you could ask for athletically in a WLB but struggle to keep pace with the game and eventually have his spot taken from him by a much slower, less agile Diles who consistently made himself look pretty damn good. That's where.

Absolutely. Diles found a niche and plays it well.
I still do not understand it.
There wasn't much to look at in one game (Jets) to determine anything.

Adibi had never won a starting spot to have anything taken away from him.
Diles started the 08 season and then got injured.
(Adibi had health issue at the beginning of 08, he played the starter role when Diles was out).

In 09, Diles had the starting spot from game one and never let it go.

In 08, Adibi played much better than Diles did in separate games.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #11
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'm expecting the dirty old man to feed me all the beer I can eat whenever I get my ass over there the next time
What kind of weird beer do they serve you guys across the pond?!
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read