Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-22-2010   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Charles Spencer

There was a real nice article in this mornings Chronic about Spencer.

Everybodys favorite writer RJ.

He's 28, weight down to 317.

"I've still got that fight in me, I just haven't been able to use it. I just want to get an opportunity, so I can take it and run with it. I haven't lost hope."

Dreams die hard.

What could have been had he not been injured.

Old 07-22-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charles Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
There was a real nice article in this mornings Chronic about Spencer.

Everybodys favorite writer RJ.

He's 28, weight down to 317.

"I've still got that fight in me, I just haven't been able to use it. I just want to get an opportunity, so I can take it and run with it. I haven't lost hope."

Dreams die hard.

What could have been had he not been injured.

What a comeback story that would be... I wish him the best of things.
Old 07-23-2010   #3
zanth91
Rookie

Section: 327
Rep Power: 271 zanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember him going to the Panthers, but not much after that. Would the Raiders would be interested?
Old 07-23-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck, can we get him back on the cheap?

BTW, how much cooler would that 2006 Draft have been if this guy never got hurt and played at a level do Duane Brown or higher?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Heck, can we get him back on the cheap?

BTW, how much cooler would that 2006 Draft have been if this guy never got hurt and played at a level do Duane Brown or higher?
At least try him out!

BTW, a great piece by JR, even though it would have been a very difficult story to screw up.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
At least try him out!

BTW, a great piece by JR, even though it would have been a very difficult story to screw up.
I agree about giving him a shot .

Do you think there's a chance his leg healed to at least 90% ?
Old 07-23-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

I reckon getting his weight down alone helped quite a bit.
Old 07-23-2010   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

Spencer had comminuted (splintered) fractures of the tibia (large lower leg bone) which involved the joint surface of tibia, likely similar to this:

After one year, only about 15% achieve normal quadriceps muscle strength while about 30%) achieved normal hamstring muscle strength. This is because of their attachment points are on the tibia. Obviously, there is significant impairment of movement and muscle function after fracture of the tibial plateau and that the majority of patients have not "peak" recovered even by two years.

Beyond the above-mentioned basic injury, most of these injuries involve significant knee cartilage and surrounding ligament damage. These patients are usually experiencing significant pain forever. As their cartilage is usually no longer protective of underlying bone, severe arthritis bone on bone issues progressively worsen.

Overall, joint stability, especially lateral movement/torque is not well-tolerated. After four years, Spencer has reached his peak rehab point. Whether he can perform on an NFL level or not can only be determined with a workout. Because of residual loss of strength and stability, reinjury is more likely. If he is able to return, at very least, he will need to deal with the long-term predictable significant and progressive bone on bone issues.

Although odds in the long run are against him, there is still a small chance for a miracle comeback........and I would still like to see what his workout reveals.
Old 07-23-2010   #9
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Although odds in the long run are against him, there is still a small chance for a miracle comeback........and I would still like to see what his workout reveals.
Thanks for taking the time to write that... very interesting stuff
Old 07-23-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As their cartilage is usually no longer protective of underlying bone, severe arthritis bone on bone issues progressively worsen.

If he is able to return, at very least, he will need to deal with the long-term predictable significant and progressive bone on bone issues.

Thanks to Domanick Davis/Williams I'm going to say No Thank You!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write that... very interesting stuff
IMO, Cloak goes out of his way to do a lot of things around here and is a huge asset to these boards. I, for one, am very appreciative.
Old 07-23-2010   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IMO, Cloak goes out of his way to do a lot of things around here and is a huge asset to these boards. I, for one, am very appreciative.
Yep ... I feel I just swam to the deep end of the fractures of the tibia pool with pictures .

I would like to give Spencer a chance just to see or for closures sake .
Old 07-23-2010   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably a 1,000 to 1 shot, but nothing would warm my heart more that to see "Big Nasty" Back on the Texans AND DOING WELL. Can't express how badly I felt when the injury happened to him.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Probably a 1,000 to 1 shot, but nothing would warm my heart more that to see "Big Nasty" Back on the Texans AND DOING WELL. Can't express how badly I felt when the injury happened to him.
What are the odds of his injury happening period .
Old 07-23-2010   #15
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Charles Spencer

Quote:
At least try him out!

This is exactly why I'd like the NFL to have a farm system; or loan him to a CFL or arena league team.
Old 07-29-2010   #16
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't it make for quite a story if Rick Smith had say,,,,,called Spencer and his agent this morning,,,,and threw around the possibility of signing "Big Nasty" for training camp????

Don't know,,,,,,just saying!
Old 07-29-2010   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'd bring him in for a workout.
Old 07-29-2010   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT CSTM View Post
Wouldn't it make for quite a story if Rick Smith had say,,,,,called Spencer and his agent this morning,,,,and threw around the possibility of signing "Big Nasty" for training camp????

His agent lives in Katy.
Old 07-29-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT CSTM View Post

That would be ... Nice!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read