Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-12-2005   #1
tacoman_j
Veteran

Angry Houston Texan in Mexico???

I hope not!!! I hope it is the Dallas Cowboys!! The Mexicans should love the Cowboys. I don't want my Texans to lose a home game.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

say huh???
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #3
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i dont know what ur talkin aboot
Old 03-12-2005   #4
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

I think he's talking about the NFL wanting to have a game in Mexico City like they did over in Japan.
Old 03-12-2005   #5
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

a regular season game at that.

I would hate to lose a home game to mexico. Not that there's anything wrong with mexico, but you don't get to have your fans
Old 03-12-2005   #6
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
a regular season game at that.

I would hate to lose a home game to mexico. Not that there's anything wrong with mexico, but you don't get to have your fans

lets keep our team and fans in the friendly confines of reliant park
Old 03-12-2005   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I imagine it would be one of our away games.. and one of the other team's away games also. I mean.. it certainly isnt a HOME game.
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2005   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I imagine it would be one of our away games.. and one of the other team's away games also. I mean.. it certainly isnt a HOME game.
thats not possible (having 2 away teams in one game) one team would have to sacrifice a home game
Old 03-12-2005   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

why is that impossible?
Old 03-12-2005   #10
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Yeah, it wouldn't be impossible, but it is somewhat confusing to think about it.
Old 03-12-2005   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be unfair for the Texans or the Cowboys to play in Mexico. It would be like 7 home games and 9 road games.

Pre-season is ok.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't think we have to worry about this. The league is trying to spread the popularity of the game worldwide. So they are probably going to be wanting to send the "Elite" teams over there. In their and the media's eyes we don't fit that bill and sending us over there would be the equvilent of sending the Clippers over there. It's not going to happen. If I was a Pat fan our Colts fan I would be worried. I'm pretty sure however, that they are going to be sending one of the overly hyped media driven NY teams.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 03-12-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #13
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default tex or cow or raiders

ESPN Deportes confirmed that they will be a regular season game in Mexico City.
Since the Cowboys have an intense following among Hispanics, I think that the Cowboys will/may have to sacrifice a home date. Somehow, the NFL would have to reimburse the Cowboys for revenue lost. Also remember, the Cowboys play the Raiders, and the Raiders should also have a following. Next year, we play the Cowboys in Dallas.

Link
http://msnlatino.espndeportes.espn.g...section?id=ame
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #14
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman_j
ESPN Deportes confirmed that they will be a regular season game in Mexico City.
Since the Cowboys have an intense following among Hispanics, I think that the Cowboys will/may have to sacrifice a home date. Somehow, the NFL would have to reimburse the Cowboys for revenue lost. Also remember, the Cowboys play the Raiders, and the Raiders should also have a following. Next year, we play the Cowboys in Dallas.

Link
http://msnlatino.espndeportes.espn.g...section?id=ame
man why would u send me something i cant even read lol
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys have a huge following in Mexico.

Same for the Steelers.

It's all about money and I imagine if the league "asks" a team to go there they would be almost obligated to do so.

It's also a very good way to recruit new fans. I see the fans point of not sacrificing a home game though.

I don't think Jerry Jones would think twice about taking the Cowboys there. In fact at one point I remember a note somewhere about the Cowboys and Texans playing a preseason game there like the Oilers and Cowboys did years ago.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #16
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I think it is a bad idea all the way around. The NFL normally is the league that all other leagues follow because the NFL normally makes the best decisions. I think having regular season games, even just one, in another country is a bad idea. I hope they don't do it.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #17
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i'm the same way. preseason games are allright, but i want my 8 home games, baby!!!
Old 03-12-2005   #18
Panther5407
All Pro

Hey, maybe our low plublicity is good for something. Hopefully it can keep us in Houston.
Old 03-13-2005   #19
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I'm a Mexican and lived in Mexico and I know that over there its bout 80% Cowboys 10% Raiders recently bout 5% Broncos and the other 5% is split among 49ers Steelers and some Dolphins, so if a team is goin it would probably be the Cowboys because with the amount of fans they have over there it would probably feel like a home game for them.
Old 03-13-2005   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the idea STINKS! Don't take one of my home games away unless they are willing to pay my way to Mexico!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read