Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-22-2010   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Saban: Agents these days are nothing but PIMPS

So Saban's failure gets blamed on some one else.... hmmm sounds just like him! Better watch out 'Bama he will run off and leave you in a mess, just like he did Miami. His only loyalty is to the all mighty dollar...the thing is I think he hit the head on the nail sorta speak...

Quote:
"I don't think it's anything but greed that's creating it right now on behalf of the agents," Saban said in a rant at the Southeastern Conference media days. "The agents that do this -- and I hate to say this, but how are they any better than a pimp?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5399270
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #2
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saban: Agents these days are nothing but PIMPS

Since Saban is a whore, they must get along fine.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Since Saban is a whore, they must get along fine.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Better watch out 'Bama he will run off and leave you in a mess, just like he did Miami. His only loyalty is to the all mighty dollar.
I think Dwight Schrute said it best.

"Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most."

Saban's motto.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Saban: Agents these days are nothing but PIMPS

I have the perfect but will never happen solution - work into the CBA that anyone busted for this stuff while playing NCAA or even busted years later for it while they were an NCAA athlete loses 1 year in the NFL.

Then see if those kids take the $.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

The quote is taken out of context. I think the thread title is misleading and disingenuous.

That said, I can't believe I am about to say this, but I agreed with a large portion of what Saban said during that interview. I'm not the biggest Saban fan by any means either, but from most pro sources he tries to run a clean program and not look the other way like Carroll at USC. He also has a guy on staff that runs a program on educating player about agents before going pro.

I do have a problem with the fact that these student athletes make universities a TON of money. Don't get me wrong a scholarships means a LOT and there are some other side bonuses, but it's still a pretty lopsided deal.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

People can hate on Saban all they want, but I'd take that guy as my HC any day of the week. Is he about the almighty dollar? Yeah, maybe so, but why shouldn't he be? He's an American. He's a great HC that's won two National Titles and got Bama back on track damn fast. Say what you want about the guy, but he does what he is asked to do which is to produce winners.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2010   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
People can hate on Saban all they want, but I'd take that guy as my HC any day of the week. Is he about the almighty dollar? Yeah, maybe so, but why shouldn't he be? He's an American. He's a great HC that's won two National Titles and got Bama back on track damn fast. Say what you want about the guy, but he does what he is asked to do which is to produce winners.
Not only that , what he said about agents is the truth .... I saw the interview and agree with him 100% on that particular topic.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69966 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just wanted to get your name off ths section. LOL

Seriously I agree with Saban.

The NBA has been in a free fall due to agent intervention for years.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read