Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Saban: Agents these days are nothing but PIMPS

Imatexanfan

Hall of Fame
So Saban's failure gets blamed on some one else.... hmmm sounds just like him! Better watch out 'Bama he will run off and leave you in a mess, just like he did Miami. His only loyalty is to the all mighty dollar...the thing is I think he hit the head on the nail sorta speak...:kitten:

"I don't think it's anything but greed that's creating it right now on behalf of the agents," Saban said in a rant at the Southeastern Conference media days. "The agents that do this -- and I hate to say this, but how are they any better than a pimp?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5399270

Blake

MMQB
Better watch out 'Bama he will run off and leave you in a mess, just like he did Miami. His only loyalty is to the all mighty dollar.
I think Dwight Schrute said it best.

"Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most."

Saban's motto.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
I have the perfect but will never happen solution - work into the CBA that anyone busted for this stuff while playing NCAA or even busted years later for it while they were an NCAA athlete loses 1 year in the NFL.

Then see if those kids take the $.

Goldensilence

hipster elite
The quote is taken out of context. I think the thread title is misleading and disingenuous.

That said, I can't believe I am about to say this, but I agreed with a large portion of what Saban said during that interview. I'm not the biggest Saban fan by any means either, but from most pro sources he tries to run a clean program and not look the other way like Carroll at USC. He also has a guy on staff that runs a program on educating player about agents before going pro.

I do have a problem with the fact that these student athletes make universities a TON of money. Don't get me wrong a scholarships means a LOT and there are some other side bonuses, but it's still a pretty lopsided deal.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
People can hate on Saban all they want, but I'd take that guy as my HC any day of the week. Is he about the almighty dollar? Yeah, maybe so, but why shouldn't he be? He's an American. He's a great HC that's won two National Titles and got Bama back on track damn fast. Say what you want about the guy, but he does what he is asked to do which is to produce winners.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
People can hate on Saban all they want, but I'd take that guy as my HC any day of the week. Is he about the almighty dollar? Yeah, maybe so, but why shouldn't he be? He's an American. He's a great HC that's won two National Titles and got Bama back on track damn fast. Say what you want about the guy, but he does what he is asked to do which is to produce winners.
Not only that , what he said about agents is the truth .... I saw the interview and agree with him 100% on that particular topic.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Just wanted to get your name off ths section. LOL

Seriously I agree with Saban.

The NBA has been in a free fall due to agent intervention for years.