Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2005   #161
ramsman34
Rookie

Here's the link to the radio sation that did the interview, they will replay it at 5pm central time.

I guess a trade could still be in the works, but I doubt.

They will replay the interview at the 5:00 hour.

Listen live here --->> http://www.kfns.com/Multimedia/ListenLive.aspx
Old 03-15-2005   #162
ramsman34
Rookie

Here's some more info form the RAMS site:

Mike Claiborne (KFNS) had a lengthy discussion with Orlando Pace -- last night and then again today.

Claiborne believes the Rams and Pace are very close to reaching a deal.

That was the indication he got from Orlando.

And Pace confirmed on KFNS just now, saying, "we're very close."

The Rams sweetened their offer today (Tuesday)

Pace just finished up an interview on KFNS.

Pace just said "we're close. I'm about to get on a plane right now (to Orlando) and hopefully by the time I land, we'll have a deal."

He said turning point was the Houston trip...it brought about a new offer from the Rams...structure of the deal (apparently) was tweaked by the Rams...Pace said that means more to him then the end number in the contract -- which I take to mean that the Rams moved more of the money to the front part of the deal.

"It was important to me to get money up front," Pace told KFNS. "The way the deal was structured was important to me." Pace joked that he's lost his way to Macomb...said it's important for him to be in camp, "get back on track, and do the things I do well...I miss the camp to some extent, just being around the fellows."

As for criticism he's received in STL, Pace said, "It was tough, but as far as the fans go, they want a winner. I can understand that, but a lot of people don't understand the business part. You have to take care of the business befdore you get on the field."

Great job by Claibs.

RM34 - Now that this is done I probably won't be posting here for obvious reasons. Let me say this: You guys are very knowledgable and passionate fans. This board does not seem to have the problem we have on our board, darn near every thread turns into a Warner debate, it's pathetic. There are so many "trolls" on our board it can be difficult to actually talk football. Appreciate what you have here and I hope you never get infected by know-nothing trolls.

Coach LAG - Go long, and we'll fake it to you.

Last edited by ramsman34; 03-15-2005 at 04:37 PM.
ramsman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #163
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Carr: Et tu Orlando.
Old 03-15-2005   #164
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

we were leverage. oh well back to the draft with all our picks.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #165
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77470 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
And I am typing this to you all from BEYOND THE GRAVE! since I'm 39.
So how long have you been 39? I'm 39 too! And I've been 39 for something like 12 years now.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #166
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Well, that was the likely outcome all along so nothing's really changed aside from the fact that the Texans have seemingly demonstrated a desire to fix the offensive line and they're clearly serious about it.

The Seth Wand era apparently continues. Seth, if you're out there you better work your tail off this year and get better.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #167
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
we were leverage. oh well back to the draft with all our picks.
And the sticky's on Pace will fall to never never land, and up pops all the Alex Barron threads.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2005   #168
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

hey the good news is that we are serious about making improvements, and we jacked the price up on the Rams so they have less money.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #169
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Carr: Et tu Orlando.
Classic.

Its true, when you want something and cant have it, you want it even more.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #170
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Atleast it didn't drag on. It's a bummer that we couldn't land OP, but we still have a good up and coming team. And don't we play the Rams this year? If so, we'll just beat them to get our revenge!!!
Old 03-15-2005   #171
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

This is disappointing. But I hope the Texans don't match that offer. It would kill our cap and we would have to just cut him when it's time to resign Carr.

On a side note: Anyone who thinks the Rams want Sharper is delirious. They just signed Coakley and Claiborne and are in love with Robert Thomas (who is only 24 and been starting for the past 2 seasons). So please...no more Pace for Sharper + 1st round pick talk.
bubbajaxonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #172
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

If Texans wanted a OT this bad I bet we get one in the first round... Barron threads is right
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #173
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCt3rJ
If Texans wanted a OT this bad I bet we get one in the first round... Barron threads is right
Barron is the type of OT I'd want.
Old 03-15-2005   #174
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajaxonbrown
This is disappointing. But I hope the Texans don't match that offer. It would kill our cap and we would have to just cut him when it's time to resign Carr.

On a side note: Anyone who thinks the Rams want Sharper is delirious. They just signed Coakley and Claiborne and are in love with Robert Thomas (who is only 24 and been starting for the past 2 seasons). So please...no more Pace for Sharper + 1st round pick talk.

True, I dont know why anyone would put Sharper in the picture for Pace. Their already talking about possibly bringing Pisa back to the LB spot, but are probably gonna stick him at SS like they planned. I guess it depends how good Coakley and Claiborne prove in training camp, if they prove good Pisa will stay at SS. I don't see where Jamie would fit in this picture any where, as like you said, Ram's love their boy Robert Thomas. Just a sign of fans who like to throw out things they don't know what their talking about.
Old 03-15-2005   #175
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

This smiley sums up the thread.

texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #176
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCt3rJ
True, I dont know why anyone would put Sharper in the picture for Pace. Their already talking about possibly bringing Pisa back to the LB spot, but are probably gonna stick him at SS like they planned. I guess it depends how good Coakley and Claiborne prove in training camp, if they prove good Pisa will stay at SS. I don't see where Jamie would fit in this picture any where, as like you said, Ram's love their boy Robert Thomas. Just a sign of fans who like to throw out things they don't know what their talking about.
The talk of Sharper involvement has slowed but I wanted to put a stop to it before it resurfaced and I'd have to read it and shake my head again. Cool response though, I did not know Pisa had a chance to move into the front 7.
Old 03-15-2005   #177
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We were used. Oh well, it happens.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #178
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

it cracks me up how people say that pace is at the end of his career just because he has or is about to turn 30. this was a calculated move where you were getting a proven commodity.

i least we weren't beltran-ed this time.
Old 03-15-2005   #179
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajaxonbrown
The talk of Sharper involvement has slowed but I wanted to put a stop to it before it resurfaced and I'd have to read it and shake my head again. Cool response though, I did not know Pisa had a chance to move into the front 7.
I saw it on kffl.com. Martz was talking about possibly putting him back, but he said they'll figure it out during training camp, and that he likes him at SS cause he feels he'd be a bigger playmaker.
Old 03-15-2005   #180
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like atleast we have some resolution after 400 posts! Time to move on and get back into draft mode.

Maybe sign some more DL depth, then think WR, OL, DL, CB in the draft.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read