Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2005   #141
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
I really hope this deal doesn't happen. Pace is very old now, and we have some nice defensive linemen in our division(freeney,Jacksonville's big 2) and if Pace ever needs help with those that will mess up our whole system. This team has built itself on youth so far, and i want us to keep that going. Pace can be a caner at some-times, and now at the near end of his career, already having won a championship, he's just worried about gettin set for life financially. We can do many good things with that #13 pick, And still not get hog-tied in terms of cap space.

Dang it! I'm on death's doorstep then. I'm 31 years old!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #142
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
It looks Pretty good to me.
Old 03-15-2005   #143
SESupergenius

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports St. Louis Rams OT Orlando Pace sounded optimistic he would be able to reach a deal with the Houston Texans, who he visited with Monday, March 14. "The talks are going pretty good with Houston," Pace said. "Nothing has been written down or anything like that, but the fact I'm here and made the trip speaks enough for itself and their willingness to get it done. I don't think it will be a problem on that end. Really, it's up to St. Louis at this point." As reported, the Rams have until Wednesday, March 16, to sign their franchise player to a long-term deal before a four-month blackout period kicks in when the team cannot negotiate a long-term deal with him. "We'll see here in the next 24 hours or so... If we could make it happen, I'd love to be here (in Houston)," Pace said.
Old 03-15-2005   #144
Negative Jesus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Dang it! I'm on death's doorstep then. I'm 31 years old!!
I guess I'll be next I'm 29 !

I just hope this really goes through ............. I hate getting all hyped up for a big dissapointment . That seems to be the story when it comes to H-Town sports though .

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #145
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
I really hope this deal doesn't happen. Pace is very old now, and we have some nice defensive linemen in our division(freeney,Jacksonville's big 2) and if Pace ever needs help with those that will mess up our whole system. This team has built itself on youth so far, and i want us to keep that going. Pace can be a caner at some-times, and now at the near end of his career, already having won a championship, he's just worried about gettin set for life financially. We can do many good things with that #13 pick, And still not get hog-tied in terms of cap space.
Maybe I'm tripping, but how is he old? He's 29 and won't be 30 until November. Born November 4, 1975, Sandusky, OH. Everyone always say your prime isn't until 28 or 29.
Old 03-15-2005   #146
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Offense wins, Not defense....

I know everyone is talking about Pace, but in my opinion only, he is definately not worth the 13th pick in the draft. Sorry, that is my opinion. With the 13th pick, we can pick up another player who will contribute immediately.

We need offense, not defense right now. Score 40 points, and let them score 38. I want an offense for my money, not defense. Who wants to see a game's final score of 7-3? Certainly not me....

BTW, this is not my first rodeo here, I just couldn't remember my last user name and password, or even e-mail address, LOL.

Blast away, I can handle it. Longtime Texan, never a Dallas Fan.......
Old 03-15-2005   #147
GotMojo80
Rookie

wow, how far have we fallen. u know Pace is a top 3 LT right? a offensive player.
GotMojo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2005   #148
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Jesus
I guess I'll be next I'm 29 !

I just hope this really goes through ............. I hate getting all hyped up for a big dissapointment . That seems to be the story when it comes to H-Town sports though .

And I am typing this to you all from BEYOND THE GRAVE! since I'm 39.

Pace isn't too old, Driftaway just doesn't want the Texans to sign him which is of course his right. I disagree and hope they reel him in.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #149
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
And I am typing this to you all from BEYOND THE GRAVE! since I'm 39.

Pace isn't too old, Driftaway just doesn't want the Texans to sign him which is of course his right. I disagree and hope they reel him in.
I second that!
Old 03-15-2005   #150
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
We need offense, not defense right now.
Um yea. That's why we're going after Pace.
Old 03-15-2005   #151
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I better hope we get Orlando Pace otherwise this thread will have gone to waste!!!

Can we expect something to happen between today and tomorrow? I don't want this thing to linger out like it did with the T-Mac trade. If we get him it's terrific, but if we don't we still have some issues to deal with on our team. Who's going to replace Foreman? Who's going to be our no.2 receiver? etc..
Old 03-15-2005   #152
ramsman34
Rookie

Pace is on KFNS in St. louis right now stating that he and the RAMS are close to signing a long term deal.

You guys might have got used as leverage.

Such is life in the big money league known as the NFL.

I'm torn, while I'm glad to have him at LT I also liked the thought of more darft picks to build for the future.
ramsman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #153
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Sure I do. We need him for sure. But will he hold on and be worth a 13th pick over all. My money says we will not get him.
Old 03-15-2005   #154
SESupergenius

He might sign it to get traded, but then again that's just me.
Old 03-15-2005   #155
ramsman34
Rookie

Quote:
caught the last 5 mins of the interview, but Slaten and Claiborne are talking like it is a done deal for our side.

They were even ribbing him about how he will have to be in Macomb and mini camps for the entire duration, etc.

They even asked each other "Do you think Houston ever was going to sign him?"

The interview will be replayed on KFNS in the 5 o'clock hour..
Quote:
Pace - "I think everyone is going to be happy in St. Louis"

KFNS - "I think the happiest guy today has to be Marc Bulger"
Quotes from the live interview in St. Louis
ramsman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #156
GotMojo80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsman34
Quotes from the live interview in St. Louis
how could this be because he was just on 610 like 10 minutes ago saying it was a sure thing with the Texans..o wait jk.. So you c, not discrediting you but id like to see reliable source before i know for sure.
GotMojo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #157
hound
Rookie

Default Pass on Pace

I hope we pass on Pace... or that the deal falls through. I'm afraid the Texans will make the deal at any price, even 2 first round picks.

There are only 6 NFL that gave up more sacks than Houston. The Rams were one of them with 50 to our 49. They gave up 50 with Pace because he is only one part of the line. The rest of the line has holes in it, just as the Texans line has holes in it. Rather than selling the farm to get one player I'd rather beef up the line with several new players. No matter how good Pace is when the defense is pouring through our center and right guard Carr will still be getting sacked too many time and will still be running for his life.

And Pace will just cost too much. If we sell the farm to pay for Pace... what do we pay for Carr when it's time to renew his contract... and the same for DD... and then AJ.

No, keep the draft picks and the millions of dollars and spread some money around a little more evenly on a new center and guard in the draft.
hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #158
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://forums.stltoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=241706

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #159
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Quote:
I know everyone is talking about Pace, but in my opinion only, he is definately not worth the 13th pick in the draft. Sorry, that is my opinion. With the 13th pick, we can pick up another player who will contribute immediately.
We need offense, not defense right now. Score 40 points, and let them score 38. I want an offense for my money, not defense. Who wants to see a game's final score of 7-3? Certainly not me....
1st) Orlando Pace OL as in OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!! lineman

2nd) and I don't think you ever saw the 2000 Ravens, 1985 Bears, or 2002 Buccanears
all SB champions and all due to defense. So Defense does win.

Last edited by YodAa; 03-15-2005 at 04:36 PM.
YodAa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #160
Team-Sport
Rookie

Bernie Miklasz (St. Louis Post-Dispatch Sports Editor) wrote:
Mike Claiborne (KFNS) had a lengthy discussion with Orlando Pace -- last night and then again today.

Claiborne believes the Rams and Pace are very close to reaching a deal.

That was the indication he got from Orlando.

And Pace confirmed on KFNS just now, saying, "we're very close."

The Rams sweetened their offer today (Tuesday)

Pace just finished up an interview on KFNS.

Pace just said "we're close. I'm about to get on a plane right now (to Orlando) and hopefully by the time I land, we'll have a deal."

He said turning point was the Houston trip...it brought about a new offer from the Rams...structure of the deal (apparently) was tweaked by the Rams...Pace said that means more to him then the end number in the contract -- which I take to mean that the Rams moved more of the money to the front part of the deal.

"It was important to me to get money up front," Pace told KFNS. "The way the deal was structured was important to me." Pace joked that he's lost his way to Macomb...said it's important for him to be in camp, "get back on track, and do the things I do well...I miss the camp to some extent, just being around the fellows."

As for criticism he's received in STL, Pace said, "It was tough, but as far as the fans go, they want a winner. I can understand that, but a lot of people don't understand the business part. You have to take care of the business befdore you get on the field."

Great job by Claibs.

--B
Team-Sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read