Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2005   #81
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman_j
...according to Carlton Thompson on 590 the fan in STL
I heard that interview, also. He was voicing his opinion more than relaying information. It's not like Thompson has real good sources with the Texans. He didn't break the Pace story & didn't he state that JJ Moses was certain to be cut prior to the season opener? I'll wait for a credible source before believing what the Texans will or won't do.
Old 03-15-2005   #82
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I forgot Wand is from Missouri. I'm sure y'all would love to have him "come home".
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #83
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
The guys on 610 am this morning were speculating that Pitts would look like a pro-bowler at LG if he wasn't worried about assisting weak players on each side of him.

Ses, isn't the deadline 3 pm Wednesday?

"The guys on 610" are so anti-Wand that they don't even realize the Texans scheme rarely had Pitts helping Wand. The Texans had Wand one on one while pass blocking almost all the time.

I guess if he was a frequent guest on their show he'd be much better on the field - in their opinion.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #84
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team-Sport
I most certainly don't think the Texans are dumb for pursuing Pace. But why do Texans fans think it is dumb to compensate the Rams with 2 1st Rounders? If he's that good - and he is - and he'll get you to the playoffs (no big deal for you guys?), then give them up.

Personally, I'd much rather have this year's 1st Rounder, a 3rd this year, and Wand, but its not up to me.
You contradict yourself.
Old 03-15-2005   #85
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
I most certainly don't think the Texans are dumb for pursuing Pace. But why do Texans fans think it is dumb to compensate the Rams with 2 1st Rounders? If he's that good - and he is - and he'll get you to the playoffs (no big deal for you guys?), then give them up.
Our team has a long term plan. Mortgaging the future for a chance right now may is one way to manage the salary cap/free agency era, but it's not the Texans' way.
Old 03-15-2005   #86
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Makes An Offer On Pace

Sorry if this was already posted...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...6?OpenDocument
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #87
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
"The guys on 610" are so anti-Wand that they don't even realize the Texans scheme rarely had Pitts helping Wand. The Texans had Wand one on one while pass blocking almost all the time.
I think Lance has a clue that Guards and Tackles help each other. His Dad (or someone close in his family) is a NFL O-Line coach.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2005   #88
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Personally, I'd much rather have this year's 1st Rounder, a 3rd this year, and Wand, but its not up to me.
Dont get me wrong, I know Pace is an extraordinary player. But do you realize just how much 2 first round picks are?

I think a fair offer would be Wand, our #13 pick, and a 3rd round pick.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #89
Team-Sport
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@DD Mike
You contradict yourself.
How did I contradict myself?
Team-Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #90
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
The guys on 610 am this morning were speculating that Pitts would look like a pro-bowler at LG if he wasn't worried about assisting weak players on each side of him.

I think that's the best part of this deal. We'd pick up two Pro Bowlers for the price of one. Pace is and will be a Pro Bowler in his own right, but if Pitts is allowed to concentrate on his duties and responsibilities and not have to worry about helping Pace or McKinney he'd be a Pro Bowler as well. Even with Pace our OLine troubles are still there as long as McKinney is the starting C, but I think the Texans are going to try and address that position as well.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #91
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From what I can see you did not.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #92
texansfan1974
Veteran

if we land Pace not only will the passing game be better the running game would benifit as well. opposing defences will drop back for the pass which will open lanes for DD.

with pace
DD 1400 yard rushing season 21tds and 700 yard recieving 8tds
DC 4000 yard passing 31 tds
AJ 1200 yards recieving 14tds
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #93
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Quote:
You said we are dumb for pursuing him but then you boast about his talent and say we should pay the price for him. If he's that good we can't be that dumb. It seems you're arguing both sides.
Old 03-15-2005   #94
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Quote:
You said we are dumb for pursuing him but then you boast about his talent and say we should pay the price for him. If he's that good we can't be that dumb. It seems you're arguing both sides.

My apologies I misread.
Old 03-15-2005   #95
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Team-Sports thinks we should pay two 1st rounders for Pace. He goes on to say he personally would prefer our 2005 1st and 3rd, as well as Seth Wand.

Clearly he thinks:
2006 1st < 2005 3rd + Seth Wand

He isn't contridicting himself. He is merely saying that we should pay AT LEAST the equivalent of two 1st rounders. He views his proposal with Wand as more valuable than that.

I hope we don't use two 1st rounders (or their equivalent) to get this done. I could live with trading a 1st and Wade or Wand, though, or a 1st and a 3rd.
Old 03-15-2005   #96
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No, he specifically said that he did not think the Texans we're dumb for pursuing Pace.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #97
DBLR1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
if we land Pace not only will the passing game be better the running game would benifit as well. opposing defences will drop back for the pass which will open lanes for DD.

with pace
DD 1400 yard rushing season 21tds and 700 yard recieving 8tds
DC 4000 yard passing 31 tds
AJ 1200 yards recieving 14tds
That gives me a woody!!!!
DBLR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #98
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

So when does anyone think we are going to get a decision on what St. Louis is going to do? I know tomorrow is the deadline but I wonder when we'll get an indication of something you know?
Old 03-15-2005   #99
texansfan1974
Veteran

i wish we could hurry and get this done so i can go buy his new Texans jersey :woot
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #100
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

I'm guessing we don't hear anything until tomorrow.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read