Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2005   #221
LBblitz
Veteran

He might have helped us this coming season...but what about three years from now when he is getting older and more vulnerable to injuries and when his huge salary would push out even more young, raw talent? IMO the trade would have been a disaster. I would much rather see us keep building thru the draft.
LBblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #222
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Would've loved to have a player at his level here. With him on the OL Carr would lack a major scapegoat in his OL for not performing well.

PS: By that I mean the line would give him alot more time in the pocket and let Carr put up the #s. However if he didn't put up the stats, then we possibly should look for a new franchise QB. Not saying Carr isn't good, hard to tell. But if he has a good OL and still doesn't put up nice #s and win games, then he isn't for us.
Old 03-15-2005   #223
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

You just mentioned Rison.....so thanks.
bubbajaxonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #224
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
haha a non issue ?? you make it sound like one guy on our line is all thats needed to protect carr ! Even if we get pace the line will still have some troubles. And all your saying is WHAT IFs atleast we know what we're getting with pace.
first of all you dont know what your getting. you dont know what you get in return until hindsight - thats common sense.

i know pace is an upgrade over wand, but is getting pace worth draft day 1 draft picks - i dont think so (he will be 30 this year also - hes not a spring chicken either) we might be able to lessen the problem with pass protection with work on the interior of the line - mainly center.

if you think pace would make us an automatic playoff contender or he would give up 0 sacks thats just being ignorant.
Old 03-15-2005   #225
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

we all know how good of a LT pace is, you are just ASSUMING we would get some automatic impact players from the draft, WE have been an extremely lucky team when it comes to the draft so far, but not every pick we make in the future will turn out to be a D-Rob, or babin or D.D or AJ !!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #226
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL@"Orlando Beltran"--classic.

Well, dang it. I was thinking they might pull it off, but as the numbers got higher, I admit I started to question the sanity of taking such a huge cap hit for the foreseeable future. I'm disappointed that the deal didn't happen, but the Texans have had unqualified success with their two most recent #1 picks, so here's hoping that trend continues.

I must say that the antics of the Rams fans were pretty entertaining. "He's a loser! He's a fat @#$*@#&%!!! What, he's coming back? I LOVE that guy! He RULES!"

Heh....it was fun while it lasted.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #227
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
we all know how good of a LT pace is, you are just ASSUMING we would get some automatic impact players from the draft, WE have been an extremely lucky team when it comes to the draft so far, but not every pick we make in the future will turn out to be a D-Rob, or babin or D.D or AJ !!!!
I agree with that. We have drafted well.. there are no guarantees in the rookies or there is no guarantees in a veteran getting injured.. I just would take my chances with atleast 2+ of our high draft picks panning out though... that is just me.. skeptic...

it isn't about the age of Pace either on my opinion.. heck this would be a moot point if we took Roaf over Boselli .. did I say that out load? (for the record.. based on doctors (nfl and texan) i'd take boselli)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2005   #228
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
LOL@"Orlando Beltran"--classic.

Well, dang it. I was thinking they might pull it off, but as the numbers got higher, I admit I started to question the sanity of taking such a huge cap hit for the foreseeable future. I'm disappointed that the deal didn't happen, but the Texans have had unqualified success with their two most recent #1 picks, so here's hoping that trend continues.

I must say that the antics of the Rams fans were pretty entertaining. "He's a loser! He's a fat @#$*@#&%!!! What, he's coming back? I LOVE that guy! He RULES!"

Heh....it was fun while it lasted.

nfl.com and espn when I checked was saying that Texans had an offer and the Rams hadn't decided to match it,but a trade could be in the works.. I am confused
Old 03-15-2005   #229
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Hmm... The plot thickens methinks...
Old 03-15-2005   #230
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I agree with that. We have drafted well.. there are no guarantees in the rookies or there is no guarantees in a veteran getting injured.. I just would take my chances with atleast 2+ of our high draft picks panning out though... that is just me.. skeptic...

it isn't about the age of Pace either on my opinion.. heck this would be a moot point if we took Roaf over Boselli .. did I say that out load? (for the record.. based on doctors (nfl and texan) i'd take boselli)
right wolf, we have drafted very well.

id take my chances with our scouts and draft team getting a rookie in here to contribute. but there are no guarantees with veteran injuries and a rookie busting. however, paces age has a slight weigh in on my opinion though.
Old 03-15-2005   #231
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
nfl.com and espn when I checked was saying that Texans had an offer and the Rams hadn't decided to match it,but a trade could be in the works.. I am confused
Yeah i just looked at that, ill trust ESPN and NFL.com over what any of you say or the yahoo searched football sites that most of you guys get your info from. Im gonna go along with ESPN and NFL.com and maybe there is still a chance.

P.S. doesn't this feel like the 2000 election (I think it was) When the media came out and said AL Gore was pres., then it was Bush.
Old 03-15-2005   #232
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Yeah i just looked at that, ill trust ESPN and NFL.com over what any of you say or the yahoo searched football sites that most of you guys get your info from. Im gonna go along with ESPN and NFL.com and maybe there is still a chance.

P.S. doesn't this feel like the 2000 election (I think it was) When the media came out and said AL Gore was pres., then it was Bush.

ive been coming to this board long enough to know that the info usually hits this board before any major news site picks it up. im willing to bet that the news on those sites is what we were reading about here yesterday.

Last edited by utahmark; 03-15-2005 at 10:34 PM.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #233
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
ive been coming to this board long enough to know that the info usually hits this board before any major news site picks it up. im willing to bet that the news on those sites or what we were reading about here yesterday.
I'm not sure what you meant in that second sentence, but why would NFL.com come out after Pace supposedly signed with the Rams and say he visited houston and there could be a possible trade. I would like to think that they might get the real facts before houstonprofootball.com or any of the other sites yall get some of this stuff from.

I could be wrong, but im gonna go with the big boys on this one. Only time will tell.
Old 03-15-2005   #234
Wolf
100% Texan

here is the article.. but I don't know when it was printed

Quote:
HOUSTON (March 15, 2005) -- Pro Bowl left tackle Orlando Pace wrapped up a two-day visit with the Houston Texans on March 15, the first step of a process that could eventually lead to a trade with the St. Louis Rams.

"We've had contact with the Rams and we brought the player in for a visit," Texans general manager Charley Casserly said. "That's all I'm going to say for now."

St. Louis faces a 4 p.m. EST March 16 deadline to re-sign Pace. After that, under NFL rules the Rams wouldn't be allowed to strike a deal with him until July 15.

That would mean Pace would miss the Rams' offseason conditioning program, summer minicamps and, most likely, the start of training camp for the third straight year. However, St. Louis still could trade Pace or receive an offer sheet from other teams.

The Texans have about $5 million in salary cap space available, and could have another $4.75 million if they release linebacker Jamie Sharper as expected. That would give Houston enough money to add Pace.

The Rams have used their franchise player designation on Pace since 2003, keeping him in a series of one-year contracts that paid him the average of the NFL's highest-paid offensive tackles. Pace made $7.02 million last season.

Pace is seeking a new contract similar to one recently signed by Walter Jones of Seattle. After years of contract disputes with the Seahawks, Jones agreed to a seven-year, $52.5 million deal that included a $16 million signing bonus.

Pace's agent, Kennard McGuire, didn't immediately return several messages left at his office.

The addition of Pace would help solidify what has been a shaky position with the Texans since the franchise started play in 2002.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8295136
Old 03-15-2005   #235
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well after the rockets game last night they were talking about it, and interviewed pace. So the info we got cant be to far off.
Old 03-15-2005   #236
AndreJ
All Pro

If any of you have NFL Network, NFL total acess is about to come on and they plan to talk about Pace.
Old 03-15-2005   #237
AndreJ
All Pro

They just said the Rams did up there deal and he is looking to resign a long-term contract with the Rams. Guess that solves that prob., now we can move on with the off-season....guess its back to who will be #13.
Old 03-15-2005   #238
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
According to Mike Claiborne of radio station KFNS in St. Louis, the Rams are close to an agreement with franchise left tackle Orlando Pace.
Advertisment

Pace confirmed this on KFNS radio in an interview this afternoon saying, "we're very close."

Claiborne believes it is a 7-yr deal worth $52.8. Pace will get a $15 million signing bonus with a total of $26 million in the first three years of the contract. Pace said "It was important to me to get money up front.
Link
Old 03-15-2005   #239
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well i hope he had a nice 2 way flight to houston.
Old 03-15-2005   #240
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

And so it ends....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read