Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2005   #201
SESupergenius

I know that is just too classic. Nice fair weather fan base the Rams got going.
Old 03-15-2005   #202
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I like how they come out of the woodwork once it looks like he is re-signing.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #203
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

$51 million - I would think we could sign an upgrade at center and guard for that price. or at least an upgrade at center and an improvement to depth at guard.

I would think improving this weakness would improve our TEAM more than replacing Wand with one of the best in the NFL. Wand is very athletic for his size and has significant upside potential. Hopefully he shows it next year.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #204
SESupergenius

Really, it's up to St. Louis at this point. If nothing more, this puts a little more pressure on those guys. - Orlando Pace (3/14/2005)"
So really, he was just forcing the Rams to handover the money. So how do the Rams fans like being mugged at gunpoint? We got used, they got mugged. Happlily ever after.
Old 03-15-2005   #205
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Gal 312
$51 million - I would think we could sign an upgrade at center and guard for that price. or at least an upgrade at center and an improvement to depth at guard.

I would think improving this weakness would improve our TEAM more than replacing Wand with one of the best in the NFL. Wand is very athletic for his size and has significant upside potential. Hopefully he shows it next year.
I've heard that the team is considering looking at Wade at LT. *shudders*

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #206
Team-Sport
Rookie

Just having fun.

Your Forum is great.

See you guys later.

Peace.
Team-Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #207
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

"Yuck it up Fuzzball."
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2005   #208
tiger06
Veteran

There's good things and bad things about this fall through. Obviously, it would have been great to have Pace to anchor our line and protect Carr, but we'd be in a lot of financial trouble trying to keep him and Carr and AJ in a few years. It's good to have our draft picks back though
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #209
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it would be a mistake for the Texans to make the trade.
if reports are true about 2 first round picks and possibly more..I will be disappointed in the texans on that.

1) I feel the weakness of the line is mainly from Center and guard.
2) we are not deep enough to give up 2+ draft picks (we have seen what has happened with injuries the last 2 years to the defense)

I know Carr needs help and I hate it that we can't protect him. but how much can one guy protect carr? Pace IS a player, but I can't remember Carr having a pocket to step up and throw into

I wish I could find a website that would compare our line to the Rams, because they gave up a lot of sacks also (eventhough they did throw a lot more)

Last edited by Wolf; 03-15-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #210
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
There's good things and bad things about this fall through. Obviously, it would have been great to have Pace to anchor our line and protect Carr, but we'd be in a lot of financial trouble trying to keep him and Carr and AJ in a few years. It's good to have our draft picks back though

besides that, we still need youth in the defense area.. I am not saying everyone is old on the defensive side, but it would be nice to get some players to groom while Walker, Payne, Glenn, coleman are here.
Old 03-15-2005   #211
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Well said. I'm a huge Coleman and Glenn fan since I'm from Tech but they're both a step or two slower than they used to be. They both still have a year or two left but we'll have to pass the torch at FS and CB soon.

That's why I'd like to see a play at a nice big DB who can play CB or S like Antrel Rolle. He can hit and cover. His 40 is a little slower than some of the other corners but none hit like he does.
bubbajaxonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #212
tiger06
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
besides that, we still need youth in the defense area.. I am not saying everyone is old on the defensive side, but it would be nice to get some players to groom while Walker, Payne, Glenn, coleman are here.
yeah, we have lots of options now that we retain the draft picks and cap space otherwise lost in the Pace deal. Should be an interesting draft.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #213
Wolf
100% Texan

Red face

I guess I am a skeptic.. when I heard about the 2 plus draftpicks given up , first thing that I think of is the Cowboys and the Joey Galloway trade... with Galloway getting injured and Seahawks drafting Alexander and Robinson(if I am not mistaken) . to me it set the Cowboys back a few years, but they were a team on their last leg to get back to the superbowl and they still are reeling from that IMO (even though they had one good year under the tuna)
Old 03-15-2005   #214
Bar_bq

Yeah. As a Rams fan, I've gotta tell you that if u trade for him, h'll be worth it. protection on the blind side is always important, and pace has gone to the pro bowl 6 years straight because of his abilities.
Old 03-15-2005   #215
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I guess I am a skeptic.. when I heard about the 2 plus draftpicks given up , first thing that I think of is the Cowboys and the Joey Galloway trade... with Galloway getting injured and Seahawks drafting Alexander and Robinson(if I am not mistaken) . to me it set the Cowboys back a few years, but they were a team on their last leg to get back to the superbowl and they still are reeling from that IMO (even though they had one good year under the tuna)
You're exactly correct. The Dolphins and the Saints both made the mistake of giving up too many draft picks for Ricky Williams, the Chargers gave up too much to get David Boston, and I bet right now the Giants feel like *****s b/c they could have used the 2nd or 3rd round pick they gave up to get Eli.

It's never a good deal to give up that many draft picks when you have a young team.
bubbajaxonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #216
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i would agree with you about giving up to many draft picks beign a young team, if the coaches hadnt done such a great job of builing this team. I think we are way ahead of where all the past expansion teams were at this point. And we have so much young talent that i dont think it will hurt this team to give up 2 draft picks to get pace ! He will help us more than 2 rookies will !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #217
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Back to Square one since we wont be getting Orlando Beltran...errr Carlos Pace....dammit, I meant Orlando Pace.

^^^jokes...he basically told the Rams to jump, and the Rams said how high.

Last edited by ThaShark316; 03-15-2005 at 07:47 PM.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #218
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

not necessarily. you cant compare a pro bowl vet with a rookie who might come in and contribute. lets say a rookie beats out mckinney and carr has a pocket to step up into. then LT becomes a non-issue
Old 03-15-2005   #219
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajaxonbrown
You're exactly correct. The Dolphins and the Saints both made the mistake of giving up too many draft picks for Ricky Williams, the Chargers gave up too much to get David Boston, and I bet right now the Giants feel like *****s b/c they could have used the 2nd or 3rd round pick they gave up to get Eli.

It's never a good deal to give up that many draft picks when you have a young team.
None of your examples compare to this situation. Pace has been to the Pro Bowl several times. Ricky showed signs of emotional problems as did Boston. Eli has yet to prove or disprove his worth. You are comparing different things. Now if you had mentioned Andre Rison, that might have been a better comparison.
Old 03-15-2005   #220
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

haha a non issue ?? you make it sound like one guy on our line is all thats needed to protect carr ! Even if we get pace the line will still have some troubles. And all your saying is WHAT IFs atleast we know what we're getting with pace.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read