Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-18-2010   #1
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texanstalk.com versus HT message boards

Anyone have any idea why this board seems to always be more active than the official message boards on the Texans website? I usually post on both but I always check to see who has the most active users and this one always has more......like right now it it 49-1 for the TT boards.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texanstalk.com versus HT message boards

Maybe because this is where the true fans come.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Anyone have any idea why this board seems to always be more active than the official message boards on the Texans website? I usually post on both but I always check to see who has the most active users and this one always has more......like right now it it 49-1 for the TT boards.
This board was "THE OFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD".....Until they changed the format and alot of people didn't like the new board. This board has more members and gets more hits, because this is the original Texans message board.

It's like if someone brought back and hosted the old "TOMB", that would instantly become the #1 Titans message board.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

for me it goes like this

a few years ago. I used to go to the official boards all the time and met everyone there and would lurk on the TT board The official board was getting different software and the Texans were kind enough to let TT have all the post history and software, and Hookem and others took all that and incorporated into this site. To me this became the official board in my eyes, and most of the people from the official board moved over to TT.

I did go to the Houston Texans board at first (after they redid the site) but it seemed very strange. this board seems to be more mature than the official board (IMO ) and however I haven't been to the official board in a long time (probably over a year) so things might have changed since then

guess you didn't ask for my testomony
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
for me it goes like this

a few years ago. I used to go to the official boards all the time and met everyone there and would lurk on the TT board The official board was getting different software and the Texans were kind enough to let TT have all the post history and software, and Hookem and others took all that and incorporated into this site. To me this became the official board in my eyes, and most of the people from the official board moved over to TT.

I did go to the Houston Texans board at first (after they redid the site) but it seemed very strange. this board seems to be more mature than the official board (IMO ) and however I haven't been to the official board in a long time (probably over a year) so things might have changed since then

guess you didn't ask for my testomony
This, except for going back and lurking on the other site. I never go back there, this place is much better. When the switch happened, all of the regulars came here and it just seemd like the natural place to be. It felt comfortable, like the bar in Cheers.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #6
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I lurked at the other site a few months ago. It feels very elementary.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

This is Sparta Err The Offical Board!

Honestly, it's the people that make this board so awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2010   #8
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

This isn't the official Texans board? In my opinion, there is no doubt where the real Texans fans hang out The rest are amateurs... take that for what it's worth
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

You can't pass out rep on the other board.

& they don't talk a lot of football.

Or other stuff. (Babe of the Day)
Old 07-18-2010   #10
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

speaking of babe of the day! I have to go!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I joined this board before the 2-14 season. When they re-did the official board, I went over there. But like others have said, it did not feel right. So I found this place again, and have never been back there.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I lurked when this was the official board for about a year or more and then decided to join. After the switch over here, I didn't know all of our history had been moved. I tried staying with the "new" official board but just gave up and was pretty upset my favorite place for Texans news seem to disappear. And then, out of nowhere I saw a message in my junk mail, a response to a thread I was subscribed to before, I followed the link and BAM! I was back in business and miss several months of what others seem to already know.

Cjeremey, you mentioned it felt like Cheers, here was my first post when I re-discovered this board.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=28
Old 07-18-2010   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I had not thought about the Official board in a while. I signed up for an account over there in 3-31-2007 and have not signed in since 5-7-2007.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
This is Sparta Err The Offical Board!

Honestly, it's the people that make this board so awesome.
This

I go there during the season and draft time occasionally.

This MB is the best I've seen in the entire NFL. Thanks Hookem.

Having the NSZ and other sports section on the MB helps keep the family together during the offseason. The official MB site took these options away.

I like having a place to go where we can debate politics and disagree. But wish each other Happy Birthday,offer condolences and offer help (if needed) to our fellow MB members. Like extended family
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a privately owed board, by Hookum Horns, thus we have a lot more freedom. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but, I have to be honest. I liked the old TT much better, before the switch. I understand why Hookum had to acquire the old MMB, but, the old TT was more like family, not as many jerks around as we have now. BUT, there are no words to express how much I appreciate what Hookum has done for all us TEXAN fans! Sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i forgot about the other board
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #17
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 49199 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

+1 (there's some rep for ya!)

TK really nails it! No rep, no decent "other" discussion. A lot of the football discussion there is very childish (seems like a lot of "are the Texans perfect or only awesome" analysis).

Of course (like most people I think that) people who agree with me on things are really smart and people who disagree with me - not so much. Even so, on this board even the people who disagree with me (usually) make a more coherent and logical argument than most of the people on the other board.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #18
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This is a privately owed board, by Hookum Horns, thus we have a lot more freedom. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but, I have to be honest. I liked the old TT much better, before the switch. I understand why Hookum had to acquire the old MMB, but, the old TT was more like family, not as many jerks around as we have now. BUT, there are no words to express how much I appreciate what Hookum has done for all us TEXAN fans! Sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good!
Gee, thanks!
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone remember the ugly name IGNITE?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
+1 (there's some rep for ya!)

TK really nails it! No rep, no decent "other" discussion. A lot of the football discussion there is very childish (seems like a lot of "are the Texans perfect or only awesome" analysis).

Of course (like most people I think that) people who agree with me on things are really smart and people who disagree with me - not so much. Even so, on this board even the people who disagree with me (usually) make a more coherent and logical argument than most of the people on the other board.
That is the main reason I visit this board way more than the HT board. The people on this board just seem to be more knowledgeable about football than the people over at HT.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read