Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-18-2010   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans

Replay from week 17's matchup comes on at 1:30 today on NFL Network for those of you dying for a football fix like myself.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans

Just re-watched that last night. A great flick. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahhh got all my hopes up and it comes on at 1430 for me here in KY, gotta wait 1 hr...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #4
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

pay attention to all the diff type of coverages/ways they try to take AJ out of the game
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love me some Pollard and Antonio Smith.
Old 07-18-2010   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I love me some Pollard and Antonio Smith.
Barwin really came into his own, hope he picks up week one against Peyton like he finished against Brady
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

I said this after the game last year, i think this is the game that can push us to take that proverbial next step. We have said that many times and it never happened, but to have a game where everything possible goes wrong for you and still rally together and make a great comeback is something that can really bring a young team together.
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2010   #8
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

You look into the crowd and everything going on after the game is like we made it to the playoffs, glad we won but we really deserve the playoffs. Oh and Brown misses 11 field goals WTF?! I didn't know he missed that many, and yet he's still on the roster?! Regardless IF you are an "original" Texan you suck sir and deserve to be replaced, thank you.
Old 07-18-2010   #9
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

/\ 2nd. He left 7 points on the field in that game alone (which includes a PAT).
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #10
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
/\ 2nd. He left 7 points on the field in that game alone (which includes a PAT).
Yeah he did. I remember how done I was with Kris Brown during that game. Good guy but he's lost his touch. He really wasn't in high pressure situations. When you miss a PAT as badly as he did, you're as good as gone.
Old 07-18-2010   #11
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Post Re: New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans

Another thing that caught my attention, the fact Belichick put Brady back in the beginning 3rd quarter because the rookie wasn't cutting it. I am not in no way mad that Brady was back in at all, but the fact that Belichick made those comments against a rookie QB that was playing remarkably good IMO at the end of the 2nd quarter, had 1 sack against him so freaking what he's a rookie! Just makes me see how unclassy this prick is even considering he trash talked our field, screw him and Patriots. I hate the stinking Patriots, matter of fact any team the Texans play.
Old 07-18-2010   #12
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Another thing that caught my attention, the fact Belichick put Brady back in the beginning 3rd quarter because the rookie wasn't cutting it. I am not in no way mad that Brady was back in at all, but the fact that Belichick made those comments against a rookie QB that was playing remarkably good IMO at the end of the 2nd quarter, had 1 sack against him so freaking what he's a rookie! Just makes me see how unclassy this prick is even considering he trash talked our field, screw him and Patriots. I hate the stinking Patriots, matter of fact any team the Texans play.
Actually it was great for me that they put him back in. I was completely surrounded by Patriots fans during that game and they had nothing to say when we were able to put a hurting on them with Brady only sitting out two series. I was the only one in the crowd cheering at the end of the game...
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I recorded it and just finished watching it. That was a great game, we have a lot to be excited about. Some things that stuck out at me are:

Jacoby really stepped up and I think this will be his breakout year, he has a ton of talent and just needs to get more consistent, it's been slow but steady progress, I think he's there.

Arian Foster. He played a heck of a game and really showcased a nice combination of speed and power. Very effective runner, what a hell of signing to get him as a UFDA.

We have an atheletic O-Line for sure, if they can block in shorter downs and distances when we need to shove it down their throats for a few yards, like the way they did at key points in this game we will have nice season running the rock.

Matt Schaub. Pinpoint accuracy, hangs in the pocket not afraid to take the hit, doesn't wow you with his arm strength but can make all the throws and has great anticipation. Nothing we didn't know but it's nice to be reminded.

How the hell can someone as fast and powerful as AJ run such polished routes, no wonder he can't be stopped, he's poetry in motion.

Quinn. He balled out this game, he played great. I think this "kid" can be very, very good.

DRob. I don't know how much we will miss him, he blew some coverages for sure, made a couple of nice stops late in the game but I didn't come away very impressed. But to be fair, I didn't really pay that much attention to him, I was looking at others.

Cushing was everywhere. Barwin showed flashes, great speed. It was refreshing to see Mario again, just watching him beat double teams and do his thing.

On the other team, that Edelman kid is going to be very good. Terrific Tom is whiney, and their safety Merriweather seemed to be everywhere, making very nice hits, good player.
Old 07-18-2010   #14
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Replay from week 17's matchup comes on at 1:30 today on NFL Network for those of you dying for a football fix like myself.
I have that one recorded....mm...come to think of it I have all last years games recorded. The best part of that game was the Pollard flying at Brady and getting flagged and Wes Welker having a panic attack when Pollard was about to hit him....(him blowing out the knee wasn't funny).
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #15
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I recorded it and just finished watching it. That was a great game, we have a lot to be excited about. Some things that stuck out at me are:

Jacoby really stepped up and I think this will be his breakout year, he has a ton of talent and just needs to get more consistent, it's been slow but steady progress, I think he's there.

Arian Foster. He played a heck of a game and really showcased a nice combination of speed and power. Very effective runner, what a hell of signing to get him as a UFDA.

We have an atheletic O-Line for sure, if they can block in shorter downs and distances when we need to shove it down their throats for a few yards, like the way they did at key points in this game we will have nice season running the rock.

Matt Schaub. Pinpoint accuracy, hangs in the pocket not afraid to take the hit, doesn't wow you with his arm strength but can make all the throws and has great anticipation. Nothing we didn't know but it's nice to be reminded.

How the hell can someone as fast and powerful as AJ run such polished routes, no wonder he can't be stopped, he's poetry in motion.

Quinn. He balled out this game, he played great. I think this "kid" can be very, very good.

DRob. I don't know how much we will miss him, he blew some coverages for sure, made a couple of nice stops late in the game but I didn't come away very impressed. But to be fair, I didn't really pay that much attention to him, I was looking at others.

Cushing was everywhere. Barwin showed flashes, great speed. It was refreshing to see Mario again, just watching him beat double teams and do his thing.

On the other team, that Edelman kid is going to be very good. Terrific Tom is whiney, and their safety Merriweather seemed to be everywhere, making very nice hits, good player.
During the game winning drive, those last two runs where our guys just pushed the PATs back and drove the pile gave me chills thinking of the possibilities!
Old 07-18-2010   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
During the game winning drive, those last two runs where our guys just pushed the PATs back and drove the pile gave me chills thinking of the possibilities!
Yep......good stuff, I want to see them play like that consistently.
Old 07-19-2010   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not going to say the outcome would've been different, but Wilfork didn't play at all this game.
Old 07-19-2010   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario made the play of the game, sacking Brady to get us the ball back.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #19
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just remember there getting older and more experienced too, so things should get better.

The thing I noticed the most on the game was the O-line protecting QB and opening gaps to allow foster to make some runs.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #20
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets-Cincy game still should have been played at noon, instead of being flexed to primitime. We got screwed.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read