Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-18-2010   #1
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My Wish: Raiders Forever

ESPN has started up their "My Wish" series for 2010 with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Five kids are chosen, and the first is Jailen Cooper, a fan of the Oakland Raiders. I can't lie...I choked up a bit watching it. Its nice to hear some "feel-good" football news for a change. Started to get tired of reading about player suspensions, Favre, former #1 draft picks being cought with lean, etc etc. .

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=538...goryid=3286128

I'll try to keep this thread up to date with the other 4 kids as each of their segments are released.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Wish: Raiders Forever

That was a damn good story. Seeing the happiness beaming from that little boy after he tackled McFadden and how the players had him in the air cheering. Good job by the Raiders. Very well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #3
TexasBoY25
Part-time Texan

Rep Power: 126 TexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great story, I loved it

"I will do anything to win" - Al Davis
TexasBoY25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #4
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
ESPN has started up their "My Wish" series for 2010 with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Five kids are chosen, and the first is Jailen Cooper, a fan of the Oakland Raiders. I can't lie...I choked up a bit watching it. Its nice to hear some "feel-good" football news for a change. Started to get tired of reading about player suspensions, Favre, former #1 draft picks being cought with lean, etc etc. .

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=538...goryid=3286128

I'll try to keep this thread up to date with the other 4 kids as each of their segments are released.

Sometimes we need to be reminded that there are some good guys in the league. The majority actually. Trouble makers just get all the press.

Old 07-20-2010   #5
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

My Wish: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

My Wish: Albert Pujols

I'm guessing we'll have a kid who is a fan of a basketball player next, and either a hockey or soccer player after that. Probably should move this thread out of the NFL section I guess .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read