Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-18-2010   #1
Dash
Rookie

Rep Power: 117 Dash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Question about Reliant Stadium

So I am planning on going to the MLS all-stars vs Manchester united game later this month at Reliant Stadium. This will actually be the first time I'll go to a sporting event at Reliant and I'm wondering if I will be able to enjoy the game. See my seats will be up in the upper level and I'm not sure if I'll be able to see anything. I always go to Rockets games in the upper level and see perfectly fine but Reliant is obviously much bigger so I'm not sure i will be able to. Rather not stare at a big screen the entire time. Anyways can anyone that has been to a Texans game (or any other game) offer some insight?
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question about Reliant Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
So I am planning on going to the MLS all-stars vs Manchester united game later this month at Reliant Stadium. This will actually be the first time I'll go to a sporting event at Reliant and I'm wondering if I will be able to enjoy the game. See my seats will be up in the upper level and I'm not sure if I'll be able to see anything. I always go to Rockets games in the upper level and see perfectly fine but Reliant is obviously much bigger so I'm not sure i will be able to. Rather not stare at a big screen the entire time. Anyways can anyone that has been to a Texans game (or any other game) offer some insight?
There ain't a poor seat in Reliant. I sit up high in the 600s and see perfectly fine.
Old 07-18-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
There ain't a poor seat in Reliant. I sit up high in the 600s and see perfectly fine.
Do you happen to sit around 634 section? I am looking at tickets for the Colts game.
Brain Cushing
Re: Foster v. Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Foster is expendable
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #4
Dash
Rookie

Rep Power: 117 Dash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Nice, can you make out the players too?
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Nice, can you make out the players too?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or disagree with any of the fine folks that sit in the 600 section, BUT, I would definitley take some binoculars! The few times I have been up there the players looked about the size of a bandaide! Granted, I am getting OLD and my vision leaves a lot to be desired, but, it's a LONG way down, and difficult to make out who is who without some help.

On a positive side. I doubt the game will be a sell out, so you will probably be able to move down. NOT talking about the Colts game!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or disagree with any of the fine folks that sit in the 600 section, BUT, I would definitley take some binoculars! The few times I have been up there the players looked about the size of a bandaide! Granted, I am getting OLD and my vision leaves a lot to be desired, but, it's a LONG way down, and difficult to make out who is who without some help.

On a positive side. I doubt the game will be a sell out, so you will probably be able to move down. NOT talking about the Colts game!
And I'm not trying to be sarcastic or disagree with any of the fine folks that sit down low. Harder to see the playing field. You're restricted to just one view. Up there, I can see the entire playing field and follow the game a lot better. Also you can get cooked pretty good down there on hot days, i.e. Pittsburg 2004.

No need for binoculars unless you're as old as gma. Fact... there is not a single bad seat in Reliant stadium. It is an extremely well designed stadium that gives people in thefront row down low and the last row up high great views. If you have trouble with the ramps, find the elevators or notify the Texans. They'll wheel you up there with ease.
Old 07-18-2010   #7
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

I sit in 626 and can see everything just fine. Never brought binoculars and never felt a need.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2010   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sitting on the front row almost is like playing in the game
Old 07-18-2010   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Sitting on the front row almost is like playing in the game
Except you can't see the game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the few things in life that is backassward and for the best. The cheapest seats are always the best.

EDIT: To be more to my point. The higher up's are generally better and cheaper.
Old 07-18-2010   #11
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Except you can't see the game.
Wanna Bet
Old 07-19-2010   #12
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
One of the few things in life that is backassward and for the best. The cheapest seats are always the best.

EDIT: To be more to my point. The higher up's are generally better and cheaper.
Even though I hate the fans, not going to lie...2nd row of Club level seating is the PERFECT view!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #13
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all a matter of personal preference. In the six hundreds you can see the whole field, that been said the players you can differentiate mostly by there number you can't read there name or really tell who they are. Bottom level row A is an awsome experience especially in the bull pen but you are limited on you view. My personal preference and where I sit in lower level row S, from about row L to CC you can see the whole field and still be able to see the players really well.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #14
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

The good thing about sitting up in the 600s is you can see the play happen before the field level fans. If you like to dissect the game and see the blown coverages...who is getting blown off the ball, burned deep etc...the uppers is the place to be. I personally hate to watch a game thru binoculars so that being said...the uppers is not a good place for someone with bad vision....not a good place for a person with bad knees, overweight, or scared of heights.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #15
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Traffic can be a real bear so which lot do you have a parking pass too? How are you expecting to get to the game?
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Question about Reliant Stadium

I really wish the Bullpen was on the 50 about 10 rows back, Texans' side of the field
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010   #17
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

And as far as the Hot or cold weather (2004)...It's a non issue anymore! Retractable roof...
Old 07-21-2010   #18
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I really wish the Bullpen was on the 50 about 10 rows back, Texans' side of the field
That would be awsome and expensive!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Question about Reliant Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
That would be awsome and expensive!
Ok, edit - AND at the same prices we pay now
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Ok, edit - AND at the same prices we pay now

I can BUY that!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read