Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-17-2010   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 1978 Oilers vs. Dolphins, Monday Night Game

Watch the entire game from start to finish.

Start here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGEvX...eature=related

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1978 Oilers vs. Dolphins, Monday Night Game

NOTE TO SELF: Next time you see gwallaia he buys nothing! Great find and thanks!!
Old 07-17-2010   #3
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
NOTE TO SELF: Next time you see gwallaia he buys nothing! Great find and thanks!!
Looks like it was posted on youtube by Brakos!

I need to rep him at least 17 times for that.

This was the first game I ever went to as a kid. My dad showed up and pulled me out of school early on Monday morning. We drove 6 hours from Brownsville to Houston to watch the game. We sat in the high school bleacher styles seats in the end zone called the Temporary Pavillion.

One of, if not my best childhood memory. I was hooked on the Oilers from that moment until Bud backed up the U-Haul and moved them to Tennehayseed.

I look forward to giving my kids some of those same memories with the Texans!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #4
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: 1978 Oilers vs. Dolphins, Monday Night Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Brakos, too
Old 07-17-2010   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Watch the entire game from start to finish.

Start here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGEvX...eature=related
Repped! Awesome and Thank you very much!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Brakos, too
Yep!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

It sure would be great if the Reliant crowd was that loud prior to kickoff against the Colts this year. The Dome was rockin' and the pom-poms waving even during team introductions.
Old 07-17-2010   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what the hell do you mean pos rep these fools? instead of laying on my relaxing couch watching TV and am sitting cramped in my computer chair and watching this!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
what the hell do you mean pos rep these fools? instead of laying on my relaxing couch watching TV and am sitting cramped in my computer chair and watching this!
You need to get a comfortable recliner & a laptop in your mancave!
Old 07-17-2010   #10
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

I still get goosebumps thinking about that game. My dad took me to that game and I remember walking into the stadium, the Luv ya Blue song was playing and the pom poms were waving. (the funny thing about those pom poms is that it was a simple stick with about 10 columbia blue and white pieces of paper on them but they were awesome!)

*looks at arm* I have goosebumps again.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

I love Gifford's call on the Oilers first touchdown..."Earl Campbell, forget about it"
Old 07-17-2010   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

bokamper who?
Old 07-17-2010   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool, I just noticed it was brakos. Rep when he posts in this thread.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Houston Wins!!! What a great game! Damn, I loved my Oilers...

I will never forgive you Butt Adams. But I am truly thankful that we have the Texans and a great owner like McNair.

Rep to gwallaia for finding this and sharing.

Neg rep to Brakos for not letting us know he had put this up...

I will rep brakos82 when he shows up again.
Old 07-18-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

The 1979 AFC Championship game against the Steelers is also available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLw8c...x=0&playnext=1

I believe this is the Renfro non-td game?
Old 07-18-2010   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

3:28 into this section.. Earl just FLATTENS somebody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2if-...eature=related

I don't know if that the the play or player that ruined the guy's career . He was never the same player after that

beautiful job by Pastorini on hiding the ball at 5:12 mark
Old 07-18-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
3:28 into this section.. Earl just FLATTENS somebody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2if-...eature=related

I don't know if that the the play or player that ruined the guy's career . He was never the same player after that

beautiful job by Pastorini on hiding the ball at 5:12 mark
Who was it? I couldn't catch the name.
Old 07-18-2010   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Who was it? I couldn't catch the name.
I think it was #50 (Larry Gordon)
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

not sure who it was in the video, couldn't tell, it happened so fast

I thought I read a story about it once
Old 07-18-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I think it was #50 (Larry Gordon)
It was #50. Just didn't know who that was.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read