Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-17-2010   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Tim Tebow: The Phenomenal Saga of His 2010 Denver Broncos Role

If Josh McDaniels has a Jesus Christ complex persona, he and Tim Tebow could be a match made in heaven, considering opposites attract.

This dynamic duo compliments each others radically extreme yin & yang personas in a highly explosive fashion. One can’t help but wonder if the heat of this dynamic duo will galvanize the locker room and torn fan base or cause the aspirations of the Broncos faithful to go up in flames.

Tebow, the soft-spoken home grown son of an Eagle Scout has a persona that appears to be the on the opposite end of the spectrum of one Josh ‘Lord Vader’ McDaniels; apprentice of Bill ‘Dark Lord of the Sith’ Belichick himself.

I can hear McDaniels now, "Tim, I am your father."

Can Tim Tebow bring Josh McDaniels persona back from the dark side of the twilight zone? That is clearly the Jedi’s No. 1 intent.

"I definitely want to repay Coach McDaniels for the faith he showed in me. I want to be a great quarterback, I want to pursue that. I've wanted to be a quarterback in the NFL for a great many years. That's my goal and has been my goal since I was 6 years old,” Tebow said.

“I'm thankful to Coach McDaniels for having the strength and the voice in me, to choose me and to believe in me. I'm just thankful for that and obviously I do, for the next few years, repay him for what he did for me and believing in me.”

“That's going to be my greatest joy in Denver is going to be to repay Coach McDaniels for believing in me. That's something that's always been very important to me, is my relationship with coaches. Our connection means more to me than anything else."

Just published another book
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tim Tebow: The Phenomenal Saga of His 2010 Denver Broncos Role

As a Jags fan, are you sad that your team picked a 2nd round prospect over Tebow in the 1st?
Old 07-17-2010   #4
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Jag Fan I wouldn't know, I gave up that habit a long time ago. I may be a glutton for punishment, but that gig was way too brutal for this cat.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
As a Jag Fan I wouldn't know, I gave up that habit a long time ago. I may be a glutton for punishment, but that gig was way too brutal for this cat.
So you're not a Jags fan anymore?
Old 07-19-2010   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
As a Jags fan, are you sad that your team picked a 2nd round prospect over Tebow in the 1st?
I'd rather pick up a "2nd round prospect" in the 1st....then submit to the pressure of the local idiots and draft a 4th round prospect in the 1st round.

Tyson Alualu will be a better NFL player than Tim "The project" Tebow.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Tim Tebow: The Phenomenal Saga of His 2010 Denver Broncos Role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'd rather pick up a "2nd round prospect" in the 1st....then submit to the pressure of the local idiots and draft a 4th round prospect in the 1st round.

Agreed. The city of Los Angeles will enjoy Alualu on their team.

/sarcasm.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2010   #8
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You suck!!!!!!!! TOOOOOOL Don't you ever hop back on the Jags..ever!
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Any ailments I might have had were just healed and went away after reading that. I think my parents ailments were healed too.
Old 07-21-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
LOL. Brilliant.
Old 07-21-2010   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Any ailments I might have had were just healed and went away after reading that. I think my parents ailments were healed too.
The Bronco's play the Titans in week 4 of the season. If Tebow's starting by then, the Universe may get confused about which QB should win and just implode in on itself. Perhaps that's the real reason for the sinkhole.
Old 07-21-2010   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:

If picking that 4th round prospect in the 1st keeps your franchise in the city, I would have no problem with it. The team is losing lots of money and Tebow really could have been their savior.
Old 07-21-2010   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
you suck!!!!!!!! Tooooool don't you ever hop back on the jags..ever!
This isn't the place for that kind of comment.
Old 07-21-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:

The Promise:

Quote:
To the fans and everybody in
Gator Nation, I’m sorry.
I’m extremely sorry. We were
Hoping for an undefeated season,
That was my goal, something
Florida has never done here.

I promise you one thing, a lot
Of good will come out of this.
You will never see any player in
The entire country play as hard
As I will play the rest of the
Season. You will never see
Someone push the rest of the
Team as hard as I will push
Everybody the rest of the season.

You will never see a team
Player harder than we will
The rest of the season.

God Bless!
~Tim Tebow

Quote:
Can't we all just get along?
~Rodney King
Old 07-21-2010   #15
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thank you Carrbombed!...you stated, exactly the way I would! You don't save a franchise with one player either.
Old 07-21-2010   #16
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If picking that 4th round prospect in the 1st keeps your franchise in the city, I would have no problem with it. The team is losing lots of money and Tebow really could have been their savior.
If the Jags stooped to pick Tebow in the 1st for "tebow lovers" then truely the franchise is dead. I like Tebow a lot, I am a Gator fan...but not "one" guy going to be the savior. Football is a team sport, if you have played the game, you would understand. What the Jags are doing will benefit in them next 2 years...Tebow might turn out to be a superstar?...that's the risk/reward? Tebow might be holding a clipboard for the next 2 years?
Old 07-21-2010   #17
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The Promise:

~Tim Tebow

~Rodney King
Fans like Jagsbch is reason why we have blackout issues. If this guy gave up on the Jags, then so be...
Old 07-21-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fans like Jagsbch is reason why we have blackout issues. If this guy gave up on the Jags, then so be...
All joking and ribbing aside and I've said this before: If the Jags were to leave I would feel truly sorry for the die hard fans of Jacksonville (such as you) - as I know what it's like to have your hometown team leave. It leaves an emptiness, plain and simple, and I don't wish that on anyone....... Well, except maybe Nashville of course.
Old 07-21-2010   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be rooting for Tebow. I think it's sad how many people want him to fail b/c ESPN hypes him up so much. Sure he professes his belief in God a lot. I'd much rather have that then drug allegations, gun charges, domestic abuse, strip club incidents, and the whole slew of what other NFL players do. He's a good guy and I always root for them (see being Texans fan ).

As to the Jags - I think Alualu will be a stud. I really saw a 3-4 team picking him up in the late 1st b/c I think he'd be awesome to move around along the DL. I think he'll be a big reason for the success of the D, regardless of what his stat sheet says.

LOL at SuperMario's comment: the city of L.A. classic!

I think we all saw why Tebow to the Jags would have made sense. If for nothing more than marketing potential. Hell... that's why the Rockets have Yao Ming right!?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010   #20
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, Tyson Alualu was a reach but from what I've seen, I think he has a chance to become worthy of his first round status. He's not a lazy bum, in fact, he is a speedy DT who can get pass blocks and make plays.

As for Tebow, you can't hate this guy! I despised him but after taking into account what he has done as a Gator and his team-first attitude, I'm his biggest fan and wish him luck.

Tim Tebow = Christian Warrior
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read