Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jay Foreman Granted his release

Quote:
Foreman granted release by Texans
By CARLTON THOMPSON
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

Jay Foreman was granted his release - not to mention his wish - during a meeting with Texans coach Dom Capers early this morning.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3083990

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

...and don't let the door hit ya sorry *** on the way out.
Old 03-14-2005   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Good riddance
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I was hoping we would sucker another team by trading Foreman...............
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeez people--I have been a big advocate of upgrading his position but there is no reason to be rude about this.
Old 03-14-2005   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Im sure another team could use his services. He wont go hungry.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Eric Brown cut....

Texans | Brown Cut - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:54:46 -0800

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have released S Eric Brown.

Damn, could this day GET ANY BETTER...Pace visiting us, Foreman and Brown cut...MAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

(yo Vinny, think you could merge this and the Foreman thread...
)
Old 03-14-2005   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

With the exception of his bonehead mistake against the Bills (in 2002), the guy was a solid player for us. I hope he latches on with a team this week.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #9
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that Foreman was a solid player for us and I wish him the best. No need to be rude or disrespectful everytime a player leaves the Texans.
Old 03-14-2005   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoopty doo Bazzle...
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #11
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

So how much of a salary cap hit do we get from releasing these two?
Old 03-14-2005   #12
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

foreman cost 2.21 million against the cap, and we take a 1.3 million hit, so we gain 890,000 under the cap for cutting foreman.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #13
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
So how much of a salary cap hit do we get from releasing these two?
If I recall correctly, both are slightly in our favor vs the cap space this year.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #14
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
With the exception of his bonehead mistake against the Bills (in 2002), the guy was a solid player for us. I hope he latches on with a team this week.
I agree, Brown was a solid player for us our first two years...

Does this mean we'll be getting a new banner at the top of the forum?
Old 03-14-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Does this mean we'll be getting a new banner at the top of the forum?
I've had Fiddy giving me some new looks along with a few others for a few months now. If anyone wants to design one I'm open to use it if I see something nice. Every image you see on this board was fan created. I really like this banner but I have been planning to make a change for a while now. As of right now I've looked a ton of stuff, but nothing that has moved me yet.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #16
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe I'm a big sap, but I'm sad to see one of our main players go. It's good in the sense that we are upgrading, but I guess I am sentimental.

One thing I just don't understand at all, are some of the people on here who are acting so cruel . . This guy was on our team for three years, he may have not been the best, but be played hard for us, and always worked hard.

No need to act like monkeys and fling your poop at somone on the day he lost his job.

GOOD LUCK FOREMAN AND BROWN. . .THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #17
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer
Default Did you cut Jay Foreman?

And why?!?
Old 03-14-2005   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Jeez people--I have been a big advocate of upgrading his position but there is no reason to be rude about this.

This is becoming a pattern among Texans fans and frankly it's pretty sad to watch. We send guys packing with all the class of a bunch of battery throwing Eagles fans. The change it attitude over the past three years is hard to miss. The mob has gone from happy to have a team again and being in love with just about anybody the Texans signed to telling guys who played hard here to not let the door hit them on the way out and wanting to replace players who got here what? a year ago? (Wade) or two years ago (Weigert).

I for one hope Foreman finds himself a spot and has a very good rest of his career. May he find himself someday on a team that gets a ring. I wasn't his biggest fan by a long shot but he held down the middle in the beginning. He was an original Texan, he deserves better than what I'm reading.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #19
SESupergenius

Why didn't we let Foreman go after June 1? Why didn't we at least try to get some value in a trade. Several teams are using the 3-4 this year, It's not like he's going to be out of football this year.......unless his injury has something to do with it.
Old 03-14-2005   #20
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Why are you cutting all of your linebackers?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read