Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-15-2010   #1
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will Cush return to form?

There is no question that Cushing has a passion for the game of football that is hard to equal. He seems to be a fun guy, in touch with the fans and a huge difference maker on the field, which all combined makes his a legitimate fan favorite!

However, I'm also a non-believer by nature when ANYONE busted for roids goes into denial. True or False.. don't matter. The unfortunate reality is that the history of this scene over the past years has played out that the denials are usually false. Overwhelmingly false, maybe..

Anyway, worst case scenerio here is knowingly or "ahem" unknowingly, Cush was juicing. My limited knowledge on the results from juicing is that:
- it makes you stronger
- it makes you bigger
- it makes you aggressive(roid rage)

I fear that if Cush was popped and has since stopped, that what we will see in week 5 will be a shell of what we saw in '09.
Old 07-15-2010   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will Cush return to form?

Meh, he'll find a way to hide it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still say playing football over the age of about 14 is worse for you health than steroids.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #4
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

I deny the fact cushing took steriods so he'll be the same ol' cush!
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't steroids he got busted for.

He's still big. He's a big dude. He's still fast, steroids don't make you faster. He's still a baaaaad mutha *SHUT YO MOUTH* but I'm talkin bout the CUSH *WE CAN DIG IT*

Dude was training MMA style all offseason. I'm gonna put the over/under at 2.5 and the subject is "How many RBs Cushing judo flips this year"
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't worry too much. He tested negative all season after the first positive, and only got better as time went on.

Nervous? Sure. But I'm willing to bet he has a slight sophomore slump and people starting blaming in on steroids. Most players in the NFL have a sophomore slump, so it's almost inevitable that his production will decline at least somewhat.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

They've already weighed in and Cushing reported at 259 lbs so he hasn't shrunk any.
Old 07-15-2010   #8
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. He tested negative all season after the first positive, and only got better as time went on.

Nervous? Sure. But I'm willing to bet he has a slight sophomore slump and people starting blaming in on steroids. Most players in the NFL have a sophomore slump, so it's almost inevitable that his production will decline at least somewhat.
With the numbers he put up last year, it's going to be very difficult to match those results. Steroids or not.
Old 07-15-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes he will.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
With the numbers he put up last year, it's going to be very difficult to match those results. Steroids or not.
With the 4 game suspension, it's pretty much guaranteed he's not going to be able to put up numbers like last year.

Physically Cush is just a big guy and what really separates him is the intensity he brings to the field. Long as he brings that I'm sure he'll be fine.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

We just won't know for sure untill he gets on the field.
Old 07-15-2010   #12
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

We was busted for hCG in September. He was then drug tested throughout the rest of the year with no more positives. Considering that he was still a beast in December, I have no reason to believe he won't be as good in 2010 as he was in 2009.
Old 07-15-2010   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
We was busted for hCG in September. He was then drug tested throughout the rest of the year with no more positives. Considering that he was still a beast in December, I have no reason to believe he won't be as good in 2010 as he was in 2009.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is hCG? I know he wasn't popped for steroids, but I believe they said it was one of those substances that can hide steroid use. Is that what hCG is?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what is hCG? I know he wasn't popped for steroids, but I believe they said it was one of those substances that can hide steroid use. Is that what hCG is?
hcg is a compound which is produced naturally in low quantities. It's what many pregnancy dipstick tests are looking for as pregnancy elevates its level. It is on the banned list for the NFL as a substance which is frequently used in conjunction with steroids. After a steroid cycle it is used to bump start testosterone production and make sure the marbles don't shrink.
Old 07-15-2010   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
There is no question that Cushing has a passion for the game of football that is hard to equal. He seems to be a fun guy, in touch with the fans and a huge difference maker on the field, which all combined makes his a legitimate fan favorite!

However, I'm also a non-believer by nature when ANYONE busted for roids goes into denial. True or False.. don't matter. The unfortunate reality is that the history of this scene over the past years has played out that the denials are usually false. Overwhelmingly false, maybe..

Anyway, worst case scenerio here is knowingly or "ahem" unknowingly, Cush was juicing. My limited knowledge on the results from juicing is that:
- it makes you stronger
- it makes you bigger
- it makes you aggressive(roid rage)

I fear that if Cush was popped and has since stopped, that what we will see in week 5 will be a shell of what we saw in '09.
I think he'll be just as good. He's stating in tip top shape and has such a strong passion for the game unlike many other players. He wants to be great and will work extra hard if he has to.

And Cush had great instincts all over the field last season. Roids can't help him with that. He flew from sideline to sideline and got to spots where the ball was landing very well. Roids or no roids, he isn't going to lose those types of instincts. I think he plays well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #16
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
hcg is a compound which is produced naturally in low quantities. It's what many pregnancy dipstick tests are looking for as pregnancy elevates its level. It is on the banned list for the NFL as a substance which is frequently used in conjunction with steroids. After a steroid cycle it is used to bump start testosterone production and make sure the marbles don't shrink.
The thing with Cush (with regards to the original poster) is that he has been swearing the hcg level was natural. It was so low that it would have past the previous year's test. Believe I've read that he passed a lie detector test while proclaiming his innocence. He's very ardent about it.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWade View Post
The thing with Cush (with regards to the original poster) is that he has been swearing the hcg level was natural. It was so low that it would have past the previous year's test. Believe I've read that he passed a lie detector test while proclaiming his innocence. He's very ardent about it.
In a way the low level and subsequent negative tests work against Cushing. There are natural causes for elevated hcg levels but they result in really big levels and remain elevated until the underlying medical condition is treated.
Old 07-15-2010   #18
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Well, Cush certainly strikes me as the kind of player that will take every edge he can get. Hyperbolic chambers, chemicals, whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if he really did take hcg and steroids. But when so many football players are getting busted for punching out people at strip clubs, running dog fights or molesting women in bathrooms I have a hard time getting worked up about athletes juicing up for a competitive edge. Alas.

Just noting how intent Cushing is to prove his innocence is all.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #19
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Cush will be fine, he has what makes Demeco great, football instincts. you cant get that through performance enhancers and you can't teach that either. He's probably gonna be more agile now too with the MMA training.
Old 07-15-2010   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Cush will probably be just as good. I'm more concerned about the 4 games he's suspended for.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read