Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2005   #121
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Huge signing. I hope that it happens. What is it worth to protect Carr's blind side? Shoot fellas - if it comes to it - it's worth 2 first rounders.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #122
Meisterman
Veteran

I'll reserve judgement until I see what the Texans have to give up to get him.

From what Charlie has said...he thinks there is depth in this draft but not alot of separation at the top. So if that is true, I see the Texans giving up their #13 pick (Sharper or a pick next year) for a pro bowl LT.

Maybe we can also throw in McKinney and a Texas steak with the deal
Meisterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #123
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default trade

I say

Orlando Pace
Steven Jackson
for
Jamie Sharper
Seth Wand
Domanick Davis
3rd Round pick(s)
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #124
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone have Pace's numbers from this year and last? I know you can find it at nfl.com but i'm too lazy..
Old 03-14-2005   #125
TexansFan#80
Rookie

Default Pace Holding Out

It sounds like something Pace would do (hold out). For simplicity sake, say we sign Pace to a 5 year deal. Let's say Carr only gets sacked 20 times next year. Pace will think that he was a major cause for the line's success, so he will in effect want more money (contract renegotiation). He can hold out in that sense. It's not something I would put past the guy since people in STL are saying he is a "me first" player. I think he will demand too much and the Texans will not go through with it. I know the line needs MAJOR help, but at that cost, it can turn ugly in the next few years. Even if he gets injured, that's money locked up for nothing. I would much rather see DJ come to the team, but I doubt that will happen also. I am a David Carr fan, so I know Pace would add much needed help and probably give Carr another 2 years in his career.

It's just a matter of weighing the odds, and meeting with Pace to see what kind of guy he is like.

CC is a smart enough person not to bring in someone that will take the Texans off their course.
TexansFan#80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #126
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Its all about what we give up for him. If we can package Sharper and Wand along with a 3rd or second rounder i'd be favorable to that, but i'm partial to keeping our first round pick there will be alot of talent available at 13.

Putting Pace into the fold and retaining our first round pick will allow us to possibly draft a TE or WR with our first rounder or if one of the top RBs drops, or one of the top LBs. but the point is we will have many many more options.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #127
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Does anyone have Pace's numbers from this year and last? I know you can find it at nfl.com but i'm too lazy..
5, 4 and 2 sacks over the last three seasons.

For those contemplating trading Wade, give it up because it ain't happening. All of the remaining un-prorated signing bonus would be dead money on the cap if he was traded. Just don't think it is realistic that the Texans would have $8 mil of dead money.
Old 03-14-2005   #128
Dionysus22
Veteran

I'm not sure if this is a great idea. I'm mean I would love to have Pace but not at that cost. We have to give up our #1 AND and player on our roster just to get him. I know he's the best left tackle in football but we really need to give Wand a chance to grow and concentrate on our defense. In case anyone has noticed, our linebacking core is depleting! We got nothing for Foreman(like we were gonna get much anyway) and Sharper is gonna be outta here any second. So now were gonna end up with two linebackers, one that played outside now moving inside and one inside but was a back up last year. Grant it, Polk was a pretty good back up but I still would like to see a young, super-athlete like DJ or Marrian. Like I said, I would love to have Pace but I'm not sure if it's the right time.
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #129
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
I say

Orlando Pace
Steven Jackson
for
Jamie Sharper
Seth Wand
Domanick Davis
3rd Round pick(s)
I hope this is a joke. That would be like the Rams offering:

Faulk
Coakley
for
Dunta Robinson
Robaire Smith
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #130
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

not Wade, Wand. 3rd round pick in 2003. played Left tackle for us, would fill in for Rams when Pace departs.
Old 03-14-2005   #131
ramsman34
Rookie

Quote:
I say

Orlando Pace
Steven Jackson
for
Jamie Sharper
Seth Wand
Domanick Davis
3rd Round pick(s)
No chance we give up Jackson.

How many speed rushing RDE's will you be facing next season? Do you play the Falcons?

Mr. Pace has serious troubles with both.

The consensus on our RAMS forum is your #1, Wand and Sharper. I don't think Casserly will do that deal however.

Coach LAG

Go long and we'll fake it to you.
ramsman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #132
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default wishful thinking

it was wishful thinking, no seriousness involved
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #133
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan#80
And what about DD. Would you offer him for Pace? I wouldn't, for sure!!!
Of course I would...If the Rams wanted a RB, which they don't, I'd be all over that...
Old 03-14-2005   #134
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

the consensus here is Wand, Sharper and a 3rd rounder. so we could probaly meet half way i wouldn't be too upset.

I think Pace will come cheaper than alot expect, although expensive he wont be looking at the huge signing bonus back when he had his previous agents (the Poston brothers) now he has an Agent that is more available to make a deal. Also he made those huge contract demands back when he was 27 and 28 years old he is 30 now and his contract will reflect that.
Old 03-14-2005   #135
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan#80
And what about DD. Would you offer him for Pace? I wouldn't, for sure!!!
In a heartbeat!!!!! if we could get pace for DD, and not give up a first.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #136
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
the consensus here is Wand, Sharper and a 3rd rounder. so we could probaly meet half way i wouldn't be too upset.
That would be a steal for us, but doesnt the league require us to give up 2 1st round picks for a franchised player of pace's stature?
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #137
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsman34
No chance we give up Jackson.

How many speed rushing RDE's will you be facing next season? Do you play the Falcons?

Mr. Pace has serious troubles with both.

The consensus on our RAMS forum is your #1, Wand and Sharper. I don't think Casserly will do that deal however.
I'm not sure exactly how many we'll be facing, but we do go against Freeney twice a year...

As far as prospective trades, what about our 1st, Sharper, and a 3rd for Pace? I'd like to keep Wand for depth in case Pace or Wade go down with an injury...
Old 03-14-2005   #138
Bayern
Veteran

Look I'd like to get him but I don't think I'm ready to give up Wand yet. Didn't he play Guard in college? Really our problem was inside on the left side and not the LT.
Could we get Pace and move Wand inside? Might be a bit of an experiment, but our OL would be HUUUUGE between Pace, Wand and Wade especially.
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #139
tiger06
Veteran

Wow, I get home from school to find this huge story :woot We should definitely jump at this opportunity to grab Pace. Though he is rather old and expensive, he is arguably the best LT in the NFL today and would add so much not only to our O-line, but to our offense. I'd be gladly willing to give up our 1st rounder plus any other picks or players to snag Pace.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #140
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

On the Rams Message Boards:
BTW, some of these trade scenario's are just outright hilarious.
Pigskin Pete:
Quote:
I say the Rams get the #13 pick overall, and (OT) Seth Wand, who the Rams supposedly wanted to draft a couple years ago.
bigtiger:
Quote:
What do you guys think of maybe a 1st round pick and then getting Jason Babin?? We were looking at him pretty good last year in the draft and his naturaul position is at LE we culd get him and put him back in the trenches and have 2 great pass rushers assuming Little gets off in court?
Psycho-X:
Quote:
I like the sound of Dunta Robinson but I doubt the Rams are worrying about a CB in a trade when there are so many that they will be able to get in the draft. Plus I doubt the Texans would give up such a young player like that.

In my opinion, what the Rams want is either Seth Payne or Jamie Sharper. Sharper is a no brainer because the Texans have been trying to trade him for weeks now. Sharper is a MLB in Houston but I''m pretty sure he played outside at Baltimroe didn''t he? If not he has the ability since he is 6''3'' and 240 lbs which is perfect size for the outside and he could play inside on passing downs.

Imagine Sharper, Claiborne, and Coakley at LB.... sweet.

The other one I thought about was Seth Payne. the Rams have openly said that they want a run stuffing nose tackle in either a trade or free agency... thus the Zgonina rumors. This would fix them having to try and get Zgonina. And it would give a nice rotation at DT with him, Kennedy, and Pickett.

One of these players and their first rounder would make me happy.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read